Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through May 13, 2004

Old    rmarion            05-02-2004, 12:02 PM Reply   

We just purchased an Tige 04 22i.

Which factory options would you recommend?

Which options did you get that you wish you did not spend the extra $$$$$$$?

Thanks

New proud TIGE Owner

Old    wakeupdude            05-02-2004, 3:05 PM Reply   
i would definately get the taps2 system, perfect pass and of course any other things that you prefer that has to do with arrangement of things in the boat and whatnot(jump seats, etc if thats offered.).

if you would like to save the money, wakeboard pro isnt really neccasary for perfect pass, but if you are serious about your wakeboarding, i would recomend it. the normal perfect WILL work fine.
Old     (nawakwa1)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-02-2004, 3:30 PM Reply   
Put your own racks on as you get get cooler ones than what they offer.
I would also recommend installing your own sound system. If you are not up to it have an installer do it.
All of these options will be about the same price but much better quality.
Old    rmarion            05-02-2004, 4:11 PM Reply   
The boat comes with Taps & the Phat tower with board racks.

We mainly wakeboard, but are all beginner/novice riders. On our old boat the cruise control was called throttle control...........we had GREAT Times..........

Do you think a shower, Perfect Pass worth it. Also I could probally add these items at a later date???

WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (nawakwa1)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-02-2004, 4:47 PM Reply   
Perfect Pass is a must!!
Don't get a shower unless you are in salt water.
A heater is a nice thing if you live anywhere but Southern California. Tower lights are nice especially when docking or loading up at the end of the day.
Get a bolster driver seat preferably one that swivels. Pop-up cleats are handy. Bimini is a must and don't forget to get a cover.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-02-2004, 6:30 PM Reply   
Swap out the Carslie tires for Kelly or Goodyear. Add a spare tire with lock. Add a spare prop with prop puller tools in a protective carry case.
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       05-02-2004, 8:19 PM Reply   
A heater comes in very handy in so cal. Girls are always cold early and late in the day. Year round riding also makes a heater neccesary.

Never use my shower.

Perfect Pass should be #1 on the list
Old    wakeupdude            05-02-2004, 10:00 PM Reply   
people are so dependent on their perfect pass. last year our pp went out on our 03 SAN and i went a good 20 hours of actual riding w/o and my dad driving, which he is good at, but no pro. it didnt change my performance as much as it did in having confidence that the boat isnt going to yank ya when youre upside down. i would still get it though, for sure.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-03-2004, 3:30 PM Reply   
If you just purchased the boat, isn't it a little late to be asking about options?

I would definately get the Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro (with the paddle wheel speed sensor).

My first PP was when I bought a boat 4 years ago and it came as part of the standard package. I didn't think I wanted it, but I would have had to wait another month to get a boat without it so I took it. Glad I did. Made sure it was on the boat I bought last year.

I occasionally forget to turn it on and then I am back to manual mode. I can do it, and my son has never noticed the difference, but it is a lot more fun to let the PP handle it all. Without the PP I keep one eye on the speedo and one eye where I am going. With the PP I can actually spend a lot of time watching the rider in the mirror.

Where the PP becomes essential is when someone else is driving. I am sure my son could learn to drive manual, but he has always had a PP. My wife, on the other hand, would never do it. It is so much easier when I want to ride to just tell the driver "just keep the boat going straight and let the Perfect Pass take care of the rest!"

As for other options:

Oil drain connection for the engine. This is a tube that connects to the bottom of the oil pan and then just fastens up someplace where you can easily get to it. When oil change time comes you suck the oil out of this tube. Works much better than trying to suck it out the dipstick tube.

Good reliable ballast tanks and filling system is really nice.

Pop up cleats.

If they have an upgraded stereo system that is halfway decent. Mount the deck in an out of the way spot that is well protected and put a remote on the left side of the dash (where the observer can reach it). If the stereo isn't top notch, don't get any stereo at all and install your own.

A heater is nice in the early spring and late fall. The wife doesn't mind crewing as much when she knows she can keep warm.

A shower is good for a few laughs more than anything else. When we are in wet suit weather we will use the hot water from the shower to pre-warm the wet suit. Makes it a lot easier to put on for the second ride of the day. If money was tight this would be the first item I would dispense with, however.

Old    rmarion            05-03-2004, 5:25 PM Reply   
We purchased ($$down) the boat is still at the dealer. They need to install the bimini and stereo. I was just curious if I should ponie up some $$$$ for some extras goodie's...
I'm heavily leaning towards the PP.....it would be nice when I'm in the water............
Old    caliwakeboarder            05-04-2004, 6:30 AM Reply   
I would get a fuel flow meter. The gas gauge is not accurate. This gauge will tell you exactly how much gas you are using and have left in your tank.
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-04-2004, 8:06 AM Reply   
explain this fuel flow meter and where you can get it...
Old    ag4ever            05-04-2004, 8:20 AM Reply   
I have the shower, and love it, it helps when your feet are freezing, and you just want to add some warmth to them before your next set. i hold my feet up in the air, and the wife sprays them with the shower.

We are though getting a heater, as the shower does no good if you want to stay dry (i.e. the wife driving in 40 degree weather while I am behind the boat, or both of us just out for a cruise in cold weather.)
Old    caliwakeboarder            05-04-2004, 8:44 AM Reply   
You can get it at Tige. Ask Greg in service. You program how many gallons in your tank. When you fill up your tank you reset the gauge. Then it will tell you how many gph and how much gas total you used and have left. Also there are some photos on tigeowners.com in the discussion board.
Old    caliwakeboarder            05-04-2004, 8:49 AM Reply   
It's under Mechanical......... Fuel Gauge
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-04-2004, 12:56 PM Reply   
reegarding fuel flow meters:

The fuel flow meter will tell you "approximately" how much fuel you have used. While you can calibrate them for any flow rate, the calibration will not accurately track flow rates above or below the calibration point.

They also don't have any way of knowing how much gas you put into the tank. If you know you had a 30 gallon tank, and it started off full, then knowing that you have used 28 gallons will tell you that you have 2 gallons left.

On the other hand, if the boat was at a little bit of an angle when you filled it up and the gas pump clicked off two gallons short of full, then knowing that you just used 28 gallons isn't going to be very comforting when the boat sputters and dies.

If you want the flow meter to tell you how much gas is left then you also have to tell it when you have added gas and how much. So, if you add a 5 gallon can you have to add 5 gallons into the total. That's assuming that the can actually had exactly 5 gallons.

On my boat I can just lift the back seat and see the gas tank. If I am cutting things close I don't trust the gauge, I look for myself.

If the fuel flow was an option to the existing "multifunction" insturments on the boat I might buy it. I sure wouldn't waste the dash space to install one.

Rod
Old    caliwakeboarder            05-04-2004, 2:13 PM Reply   
Rod... In your Nautique you can lift the back seat and look to see how much gas you have left. It is narrow and tall witch will give you a better reading. It is also in the back of the boat so bow rise does not affect it much. But in my v drive the tank is long, shallow and under the floorboard. No looking for me! The float is only like 8 inches or so. If you add weight to the front the gauge will not read right. If you add weight to the back it will not read right. Lets face it my boat never reads right. Under power the boat reads full from bow rise. If I never stop the boat it would read full until I ran out of gas. I have to guess how much I have left. At least with the flow meter you have a more accurate guess. I personally would not let it get down to 2 gallons or trust the gauge like that. In the past I have thought my tank was almost empty, drove back to the dock to fill it and I still had a 1/2 tank. The gauge will let me be more accurate with gas and keep me out on the water longer or let me know it is time to get going. It is an approximate and always leave a buffer but at least the buffer won’t be ½ tank. I also carry a small gas can for the just incase factor… (For me or another boat). I frequent the delta often and I know where gas is but it makes me feel better knowing “Approximately” how much gas is left in my tank. Oh and put the gauge in your glove box, then it won’t waste your dash space.

Kyle
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-06-2004, 10:27 AM Reply   
Thanks kyle, I will look into that. Our guage reads well - when the weight is distributed just right. The problem is like you say - when too much weight is in back, it reads high - too much in front it reads low. Like rod said - yeah you can't take it down to the wire, but when I fill up at the gas station on level ground, I can get the tank with in a gallon or two of full easily. If you just don't push it past about 5 or 7 gallons left in the tank, it should be accurate enough, I think.
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-06-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   
Another thought I had... if you used a device like this on the flow lines to your fat sacs, you could tell exactly how much weight you've added and in which sac. I wonder if you can get flow meters from, say, Granger for not much money??? That'd be cool - especially when you have a massive ballast system set up for when you just have a couple people out, and then you get 10 or 12 people on the boat - loading the sacs full then makes the boat too sluggish and you've got to guess how much is too much to put in the sacs. With flow gauges, you could estimate the people weight and adjust the sacs accordingly, and accurately. This way, if you knew the proper way to weight your boat (front to back balance, total ideal weight) you could adjust the water levels accuratly to match the people...

OR you just fill it all up, burn a of gas, take forever getting out of the hole, sit three or four people crowded in the front and enjoy the MASSIVE wall of a wake...