Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    maverick_gear            02-06-2004, 9:41 AM Reply   
some of you have heard the vandall in with parks for the winter. some others are pissed and think thats selling out WSR. im stoked it means he's goin to be coming back into the scene and stronger than ever him and parks combined are going to push the sports intensity to another level. i can't wait to see what happens in 04'
anyone have any thoughts on this...
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-06-2004, 10:05 AM Reply   
Does this mean we'll be seeing him in April at the first stop?
That's killer. I would love to see that guy ride comps.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-06-2004, 10:08 AM Reply   
I guess he won't be throwing up his west side gang signs anymore. Or maybe he will.
Old    maverick_gear            02-06-2004, 10:18 AM Reply   
who knows about the westside symbol im under the impression its just a winter thing for him tho so technically he is still westside, i was talkin to Phillip combs and adam gentry about it this mornin and they are all scared of the insanity that will ensue when randall and parks start to get competitive with each other, they are bros and the 2 best riders in the world i cant wait to see what gets tossed out this year
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       02-06-2004, 11:05 AM Reply   
I read Randall doesn't do well in the comp scene based on the fact he rides an 87' line at 26-27 mph (or something like that..) That probably isn't real condusive to the runs they have in the contests.

Like Terje Haakonsen once said, "if you do a bunch of small tricks and milk the pipe for the judges, it doesn't feel good. But if you just do a handful of tricks at top speed with maximum amplitude, it feels much better, but doesn't get scored as well" That's why he dropped from the contest scene..

Personally, I think Randall moving in with Parks is going to make both of them better riders (if that's possible..)
Old    cam_warner            02-06-2004, 11:20 AM Reply   
Personally, it doesn't really matter to me if Vandall goes to live w/ Parks during the winter...The fact remains: Both Parks and Vandall are 2 of the best riders out there, and only good things can result from the 2 of them riding together on a regular basis.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-06-2004, 2:28 PM Reply   
I agree with Rammer and Cam. I only see good things from it. And why does anyone care, its no ones business where Randy stays for the winter. Why just cause he throws up the "W" So just because he's proud from where he's from, that means he can't travel anywhere else?
Old    maverick_gear            02-06-2004, 3:09 PM Reply   
check out the thread on wakeboarder.com alot of dudes were breakin his balls for goin to FL
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-06-2004, 3:16 PM Reply   
I saw that. I'm not surprised. I wouldn't expect anything less from those kids.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-06-2004, 3:21 PM Reply   
I can see why they would, but I think its wasted energy. Because the reality is if anyone here had the chance to spend the winter riding with Parks, at least 90% would jump on that opportunity.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-06-2004, 11:26 PM Reply   
Personally, I hope he doesn't pick up any of Parks' riding style. Not that one is better than the other, but I like originality, and having one's own personality and character in his/her riding.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-06-2004, 11:27 PM Reply   
By J-Rod (jarrod) on Friday, February 06, 2004 - 3:16 pm:

I saw that. I'm not surprised. I wouldn't expect anything less from those kids.

There are kids like that in here, too. They're just older and hold higher paying jobs.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-07-2004, 12:11 AM Reply   
Randall basically walked away from the tour last year so it will be interesting to see if he's back on the tour this year. How I'd love to just go out on the boat with those 2 with a video camera for a week or two!
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-07-2004, 12:37 AM Reply   
Randall, moving to Florida!! Is this when the earthquakes start, and the tidal waves come, before the world ends?

those two are going to become crazy good riders, hopefully it'll lead to some pretty cool new stuff. (Wonder if Parks will start riding as 27mph?)
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       02-07-2004, 3:48 AM Reply   
So Joe, you get kicked off WakeWorld, and then in your first week and half back make a post not related to the topic, but solely to point out that people on WakeWorld are childish?

Welcome back. Missed you big time.
Old    upupnaway            02-07-2004, 9:02 AM Reply   
Maybe parks will teach Randall to ride shorter and slower.
Then he could make it in the contest scene.
Old    al_kohol            02-07-2004, 9:33 AM Reply   
Ya maybe we can get him to hop on a ski aswell pull off some sick turns...
Old    alucard            02-07-2004, 11:28 AM Reply   
I cant stand harris, he acts like such a thug and acts like hes so tough I just want to beat his face in! Cant stand all those "westcoast signs"

As far as his riding goes, and I dont know, but how do you guys know he rides so good? He sucks in comps, so unless your following him around when hes on his boat where do you see him ride?

So, all of you that say hes one of the "best" how do you come to this conclusion? I know parks and murry win a lot of comps and I get to see them on TV but not this randy guy, maybe hes too good for the comps lol.

Oh wait, you seen him on video right? Anyone can look good after they edit out all the trash. Who cares if the guy goes 27 MPH, whats the point really? The wake starts to really disapear at that speed so whats the point?

I just cant stand the "tough guy" image he presents when hes a little squirt, its almost comical.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-07-2004, 11:38 AM Reply   
FYI, comps don't define a person's riding.

matt, off topic? So? I responded to someone's post that was in THIS thread.

Seriously dude, you need to chill. Are you still mad at me because I didn't like the wakes of the SSV's I rode behind? Or are you still made because I didn't talk to the Supra dealers at the Seattle Boat Show? Either way, you need to chill.

Keep this in mind. Nowhere in the rules does it say you "have" to read my posts. And nowhere in the rules does it say that you "have" to post a response to a guy you don't like.

Ignore my posts, I'll ignore yours. It's that simple.
Old    al_kohol            02-07-2004, 11:45 AM Reply   
hey alucard...apparantly you havn't seen natural born thrillaz or blacklist. get your head out of your a%%!!! Editing is there soley to make the vid flow....not cut out the trash. By you saying that, your saying that every rider that has ever had a vid part is only good cause of the editing??I don't understand at what good it is to bash the riding of others let alone the top pros in the industry. It's fun that got us involved and fun that is making this industry grow. It's people like you that are going to take the fun out of it. So give your head a shake and get out on the water with a little respect.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-07-2004, 12:15 PM Reply   
I always had some respect for what Randall does on the water, but it was taken to a whole new level when I got in the boat that was pulling him on Lake Mead once upon a time. I was completely floored. How this guy's body holds up to the abuse of landing that far out from that high up I'll never know. If you ever get a chance to watch him ride in person, grab it. You will not regret it.

Here are some pics from that day on lake Mead. Again, they don't do his riding justice, but you can definitely see some air under this kid.

http://www.wakeworld.com/Galleries/Gallery.asp?GalleryID=2
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-07-2004, 1:39 PM Reply   
Dave, anything new w/ Tommy Lee as far as wakeboarding goes? Is he still riding, etc.?
Old    simba            02-07-2004, 2:13 PM Reply   
hmm

(Message edited by simba on February 07, 2004)
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-07-2004, 5:43 PM Reply   
Ron, I've probably watched most of them ride from the boat. If I was given the opportunity to go out on a boat and watch any pro I wanted, Randall would be right up at the top of that list.

Joe, he hasn't ridden in almost a year. I'm going to try to drag him out to our golf tournament this year and maybe even on the water.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-07-2004, 11:39 PM Reply   
Holy crap! Does he ever rip it up HUGE. What vids does he ride in? I gotta pick some up.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-08-2004, 12:29 AM Reply   
Mark, get the Natural Born Thrillaz DVD
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-08-2004, 10:44 AM Reply   
ya Natural Born Thrillaz has tons of randy riding, how did you ever get that chance dave?
Old     (liquidforce512)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-08-2004, 10:56 AM Reply   
Hey check out the outkastz dvd from big block productions. Randall has a huge section including a bonus section where he is riding and doing tricks with his back foot out of his binding.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-08-2004, 11:18 AM Reply   
Not really anything I did. It pretty much fell into my lap. They needed another boat and I'm the first guy they called. :-) Sort of a lottery win without playing the lottery!
Old    cam_warner            02-08-2004, 12:11 PM Reply   
Another good section w/ Randall riding is in My Side by BFY productions......goin HUGE
Old    maverick_gear            02-08-2004, 12:19 PM Reply   
ya kilgus put a sick section of randall together for my side, he filmed part of it at bow lake in 01 with vandall mikker ruck sanders weinacker and some others we all couldn't believe that randy would get back up after falling so hard, a couple times he almost landed on the beach. that was the first time i'd seen him ride and needless to say i was impressed
Old     (liquidforce512)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-09-2004, 10:42 PM Reply   
How may people have seen the outkastz dvd. what did you guys think about it
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-09-2004, 10:51 PM Reply   
I havn't sat down and watched it, but it was on while I was in the shop. Melissa's part is pretty sick. Randall has some amazing riding, and Cody hall with the stair rail into a foot of water was a little nutty.
Old    maverick_gear            02-09-2004, 11:17 PM Reply   
the part where randall falls off the really tall rail and screws himself over has to be one of the gnarliest slider crashes ever.
Old    tattoobling            02-10-2004, 10:27 AM Reply   
With all his endorsement deals Parks should be able to afford all those new tattoos. And maybe "the vandal" will let him borrow some of those chunks of metal to jam all through his face. But I am bothered, if Randy moves east he's gonna lose all his thug cred with me. It ain't about riding with some of the best in the world and pushing yourself to new levels. Uh uh, it's all about droopy drawers, throwin' signs, spittin' game and actin' tough. I know we're all gonna miss that.
Old    upupnaway            02-10-2004, 11:33 AM Reply   
Killer post Kaiser.

Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-10-2004, 12:58 PM Reply   
who cares???? they both kill it and both have their own individual style--- why shouldn't randy and pb ride together???? who says that just cause you are a WSR that you can't ride in the east???? why all this east side- west side crap??? we have a style on the east and they have their style out west--- if everyone was the same then it would be boring-
Pointless is a crew just like WSR is a crew...... what is the difference???? they aren't rival gangs....it's not like pb is a blood and randy is a crip......
and furthermore, why do they need the blessing of the WW crowd to ride together??? are they supposed to come on here and ask permission to ride together?????
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-10-2004, 3:57 PM Reply   
i just hope he doesnt turn parks into a thug
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-10-2004, 4:13 PM Reply   
Alex my thoughts exactly.
Old    martini            02-10-2004, 4:27 PM Reply   
whatever it takes to keep Vandall in the sport! if it requires his migration east,than so be it! he will always be from the west! always wsr! always full of style...
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-10-2004, 4:36 PM Reply   
How many of the people on here calling Randy a thug have actually met him and talked to him?
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-10-2004, 4:46 PM Reply   
I've met Randy......he was actually very quiet and super friendly. he answered any questions that people asked and hung out with all the people- he even gave me an Outkastz video! and some GB stickers- you guys act like he's running around like some freak just f*&%ing stuff up.... just cause he speaks his mind and also has some fun messing with people- you guys should ease up a little- what did he do to you????? even if you don't like his "attitude" you should look at the contribution that he has made to wakeboarding- it is very significant-
Old    maverick_gear            02-10-2004, 6:07 PM Reply   
parks is already a thug he writes rhymes just like randall and listens to rap as well he even quotes some of it in wakeboard mag. and randall has done a ton for our sport. him and parks have been bros forever and there is no beef, randall is a super cool kid and all you "haters" should "rekonize" that he has more style, skill, cool points, and influence than you ever will, just because he has a style you don't like is no reason to be all discriminant. that attitude the same one our forefathers went to war and faught and killed fellow americans over, and THAT IS NOT COOL!
Old    ol_dirty            02-10-2004, 10:42 PM Reply   
he alucard, i would love to see you try to beat The Vandall's face in, he would whoop you ass, i don't know how big you're or how you can fight, but i've seen Randall whoop huge guys asses more than once, that kid is f**kin tougher than you'll ever be punk. Randall been my friend for along time now and in my opinion he is the best rider out there, the only person who is close or equal to him is Parks, all the real riders know this too, just ask them, everyone of the top riders think Randall is one of there favorite riders to watch, if you'd ever seen him you'd know too. All that's going to come out of this move to florida is those guys are just going to get further and further ahead of everyone else. As for the WSR comments, Randall will always be westside and the leader of the westside riders, all you guys who think different can go screw yourselves or talk somemore when you can ride as good as The Vandall, i'm out. p.s. some of you guys need to get more of a life than sitting on your damn computers so much, stop talkin and starty riding.
Old    vandal            02-11-2004, 10:12 AM Reply   
wow! this thread is getting way too funny! I bet Harris and Parks are pissing themselves in laughter over this stuff!
Old    draino            02-12-2004, 8:47 AM Reply   
this has to be the lamest thread ever.