Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    terrybailey10            05-28-2014, 6:51 PM Reply   
Finally a economic american made cable!!!
http://www.thewakeboardcable.com
Old     (Rich_Bruening)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-28-2014, 7:12 PM Reply   
that cable looks a little short and the tower height looks a bit low. The air tricks are pretty short and quick. Other than that, thing looks legit!
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-29-2014, 10:43 AM Reply   
It looks like the height would be dependent on the height of the poles it attaches to, therefore you could make it as high as you wanted.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       05-29-2014, 10:51 AM Reply   
Cool to see. I wonder when there will be 2 tower system parks all over the place. While a 6 tower system is a huge investment, these are much less.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-29-2014, 12:29 PM Reply   
We have 4 system 2.0 in 25 min drive from my house. It is fun as an extra, but if I can choose... I'll go for a boat drive 30 min from here.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-29-2014, 3:31 PM Reply   
Wow, that's cheap!!
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-29-2014, 4:50 PM Reply   
I don't see anyone doing a turn around on it, does it enable you to land and turn around at the ends or is this like a giant winch?
Old     (fusion134)      Join Date: Jan 2014       05-30-2014, 8:52 PM Reply   
The company has been in operation for about 3 weeks and we just made our first sale; there will be a cable in Missouri in about 3 weeks. There are a couple small differences between the final production unit and my demo unit, mostly cosmetic, but also the addition of a torque wrench tensioning system.

The cable is about 23 ft off the water right now water level is up about 4 ft so it is normally 25-27, I do wish it was slightly higher. And you can absolutely turn around on the ends. I designed the cable to be as user friendly and easy as possible while cutting down as much complexity as possible.

Rich, your hurting my feelings on my air tricks bro ; I do usually ride with the line shorter to make the landings softer on the knees, but it does work just as well with a full line. Everyone is welcome to come out and give it a try, in Greenville, NC or if you are closer to Kansas City you can wait a few weeks and give it a try out there.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-31-2014, 8:30 AM Reply   
We need one out at WakeWorld headquarters for evaluation, testing and review purposes. Please send ASAP!
Old     (slidin_out)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-31-2014, 4:10 PM Reply   
Simple, awesome, economical! See no reason why your product won't sell well.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-31-2014, 9:01 PM Reply   
David Mayo I'm game to check it out, where abouts in the KC area? (please tell me northland....)
Drive to KCW from Platte City is a long one.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-02-2014, 7:20 AM Reply   
I am seriously considering ordering this, this is perfect. This is EXACTLY what the wakeboard industry needs.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       06-02-2014, 9:43 AM Reply   
I know that when we sell our house and are looking for another property I'll be looking for something with space for a wake-lake!
Old     (fusion134)      Join Date: Jan 2014       06-02-2014, 6:49 PM Reply   
It will actually be near Odessa, Mo. Keep up with my Facebook page for sites where they will be installed. www.facebook.com/thewakeboardcable There should also be pics soon of the final production unit. It is being fabricated right now and will go to the powdercoaters later in the week.

I expect us to announce another sale or two in the next week or so; so there will be other sites to test. There are also several other videos on the website. Just to be upfront with everyone. 8,000 is the price on the first 3 units. After that final pricing will be 9500. Everything is included except for the utility poles and power supply to your site.