Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-14-2008, 3:01 PM Reply   
Here is what I am dealing with.
I have a PhatBudde Tower... so width may be an issue.

I have some old stereo stuff kicking around which I am thinking is better quality components than what is available in a finished speaker set up... but then I have to build an enclosure.

I have USD Audio WaveGuides... which are huge and heavy. And I have 4 10" JBL Subs. I could try and design a pro audio tower enclosure... but time and talent may be the issue.

Or I can get a set of Skylon Rubicon 450's... but don't know if they will fit across my tower.

Or I can get some WetSounds and find the appropriate combination to fit across... Maybe a pair of 485's, or the 3-Some set up.

Any suggestions are welcomed!
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-14-2008, 3:28 PM Reply   
Wet Sounds.

Done.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-14-2008, 4:53 PM Reply   
Better keep it lightweight under that tower or it'll be bouncing around on you.
Old    Ben Kerran            01-14-2008, 5:24 PM Reply   
I like tparider's idea. I couldn't he happier with my Wetsounds. Get a message to Tim, he will probably be able to tell you exactly what will fit correctly on any given tower.
Old    Ben Kerran            01-14-2008, 5:26 PM Reply   
If you are anything like me, I am sure you can find somewhere to utilize those 10's on the boat
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-14-2008, 5:42 PM Reply   
I am already running a single 15 and two tens inside the boat. All of this gear I took out of my car. I moved one of the amps and two 10s into my truck. Two 10s and one 15 to the boat. Now I still have three 10s, two 8s and two USD Waveguides (which are the loudest horns I have ever heard) kicking around.

The USD Waveguides magnets are bigger than the magnet on the 15.... they are crazy.... I may put them back in my car... and put two tens in there too...

Then throw some WetSounds or Rubicon 450's up on the tower...

Right now I am running Evid 6.2's. Will sell those.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-14-2008, 5:51 PM Reply   
I have a Samson Sports Tower (Same as the Phat Budde) and am running 4 Wetsounds Pro 60's. sounds good and fits well.
Upload
Upload
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-14-2008, 6:24 PM Reply   
Pro 60s are coaxials correct? So looking at that setup... I should be able to get away with the 3-Somes... Hmmm... that may work very well!
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-14-2008, 6:27 PM Reply   
well they are actually pro audio, and a 3-some would be VERY TIGHT. I would see if a shop can test fit them, and/or do some good measurements. Good Luck!
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-14-2008, 6:57 PM Reply   
HeHateMe,

You might be able to do a "60 3-Some". Using a single 485 with a pair of 60's. The PRO 60 use our Pro-Axial driver. It is a horn loaded compression coaxial. Like in the PRO 80. So in going with that, you are really just going from an 8 inch in the PRO 80 to a 6.5 inch in the PRO 60.

Shoot me an e mail with your measurements and I will get you some on the spks twhite@wetsounds.com

Thanks

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-14-2008, 7:08 PM Reply   
I'd go for the new bullet hollowpoints, better looking than the wetsounds IMO. People seem to think they sound better to.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-14-2008, 7:16 PM Reply   
I thought it was nice of Tim to offer to measure up the dimensions. The pictures make the bullet's look like a wetsound knockoff just chrome. I admit I have not been able to see them up close.

(Message edited by johnsvt on January 14, 2008)
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-15-2008, 1:27 AM Reply   
man you can never have to many subs.lol i was in some older dudes sanger one summer and no joke must have had 10 12" subs in that thing. most of the storage space was taken up and the back seet was extended out like a recliner to fit more subs, he had a ps2 and two mirrors on each side of the tower that he custom made so that you flipped them up and they had little flat screens under the mirriors and dont even get me started on the tower.lol had a flip down flat screen and more 6-9s in the entire thing than i can count... serriosly didnt even have to use the ballest. probably the most rdiculous thing i have ever riden behind, or been in. good old stockton part of the delta.
Old     (dmontandon)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-15-2008, 9:43 AM Reply   
Wetsounds
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-15-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
Hey, have any of you guys checked out the new NVS stuff at the boat show?

They have new, lightweight enclosures (fiberglass maybe?), and a pretty sweet disconnect system that lets you pull a pin, and slide the assembly off in a couple of seconds. They also built the new enclosure to hang the speakers much higher, so now, the top of the driver sits level with the top of the tower tube. I think they said the 10" system hangs down 8 inches or something.

Lot more clearence, a lot less weight, and a sick new enclosure for those that dislike the chrome cans.
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       01-15-2008, 11:43 AM Reply   
HSE trident one of the best sounding speakers on the market. www.hsetrident.com check them out. Lots of options out there.
Old     (prostartjh)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-16-2008, 3:51 PM Reply   
Jarrod -

I just picked up a pair of NVS Tyrants in Dec. '07. I did not notice anything different from what they show on their web site. Do you have more info on the changes? Did you see them at a local boat show?