Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 17, 2003

Old     (gwake)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-04-2003, 6:22 PM Reply   
Hello
Ive been hearing conflicting information on the wake produced by this boat. Some say its great, some say it has a stepped peak. I have had little time behind it, and am looking for other thoughts... I like the boat, and may pick one up this winter.....
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-04-2003, 6:57 PM Reply   
DISCLAMER: I haven't ridden either but have read this....

I think the early 03 models had bit of a funky wake shape which kinda bucked in the middle, it was spray pocket design or something similar. Pretty sure they tweaked it a bit for the late 03 and 04 boats and it sorted it. Could explain the two stories.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-04-2003, 9:03 PM Reply   
Drop some weight in the bow and it's nice.

Friend's '03 B52, I ride about 85ft back and around 26mph.

dsfad
Old     (gwake)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-04-2003, 9:28 PM Reply   
hell yes, looks like lksamm? Thanks for the note
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-04-2003, 9:33 PM Reply   
It's Washington, just off of Carilon marnia. But, ya Rainer in the back ground looks like Sammamish.
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-04-2003, 10:45 PM Reply   
Picture must not do it justice?
Old    maverick_gear            11-05-2003, 10:25 AM Reply   
ya i think the stepped wake is kinda weird, check out a centurion avalanche in my opinion its a way better boat for the money
Old    hyperryd            11-05-2003, 10:08 PM Reply   
Check an '04 B-52. They changed the rear of the hull and ditched the spray pockets. The lip is a lot cleaner.
Old     (gwake)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-06-2003, 7:26 AM Reply   
yeah, the 04 is a bit to much scratch. I hear if you load the 03 way down ( beyond what he factory ballast provides) the lip improves.

Does the 02 and the 03 have the same hull anyone?

Thanks again
Old    hyperryd            11-06-2003, 7:42 AM Reply   
The '02 and the '03 have the same hull. It was new in '02.
Old    thepizzaman            11-12-2003, 7:31 AM Reply   
I haven't ridin' the '02 or '03 just the '04 and I fell in love with the wake the first time I hit it. 1600 lb factory wt. with only 2 ppl on the boat and it was great. I test rode everything I could get my hands on and chose to go for the '04 b52 it's being built right now and I should see it del. just b4 christmas. I would strongly suggest riding a '04 ...
Old     (gwake)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-12-2003, 9:05 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input. I am looking at the 02 03 and 04 myself. Ive always liked mb and find it hard to believe, more photos havent showed up.... I would like to see more pictures!

Thanks again for the input!
Old    thepizzaman            11-12-2003, 10:53 AM Reply   
ok .. here's one for you then ... It's not my boat but one I found online 4 sale. I'm getting one just like this except it will have black flames.
lightflames
Old     (gwake)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-12-2003, 11:00 AM Reply   
thats is bad to the bone
Old    thepizzaman            11-12-2003, 1:28 PM Reply   
Don't worry as soon as I get my boat hooked up to the rig I'll be posting some more. ..
I have one question though OK i have a silver durango with black trim and we are getting a boat like the one pictured above but with black flames..the trailer is going to have aluminum rims that are close the the dodge rims. Now, should I go and get the truck painted with matching flame graphics, or would that be overkill? .. comments appreciated.
Old     (gwake)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-12-2003, 4:00 PM Reply   
Hey Andrew,
If your down with the flame program, maybe some ghost type flames that fade in and out when the sun hits it a certain way???? Straight up flame graphics, im not sure of, but who am I too say, my yukon tow rig is bright yellow, dana 60 straight axle up front and 3/4 ton rear axle conversion, a 8" lift and 36" swampers Im not sure if its staying yellow or getting painted, thats depends on the graphics i decide on from mb.
g
Old    thepizzaman            11-13-2003, 7:30 AM Reply   
greg, that sounds nice. you'll have to post some pics when you get your setup complete. where do you ride ?
I had to go low budget on the truck. to afford the boat ya know. my durango is just a stock sxt model w/ the small block v8. I don't have any $ for lifting it. The wife wanted a yukon or tahoe but we decided to upgrade the boat. we're making a big commitment here to the sport. Our first setup was a '86 f250 towing a '02 malibu. sold 'em both 2 months ago. now '03 durango. waiting on del. for the '04 MB !!
I'm going to take a photo of the setup and then paint the flames on in photoshop to see how they'll look first. :-/ we'll see. thanks for the post.
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-13-2003, 8:19 AM Reply   
Can someone educate me on MB wakes please. Currently I am not impressed with that last (wake)post. Please post some 02', 03' and 04' wake pics. Thanks
Old     (gwake)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-13-2003, 10:18 AM Reply   
cdm,
I looking for the same pics. hopefully they will start to appear.
Old     (gwake)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-13-2003, 10:23 AM Reply   
andrew,
i will post the set up. we ride lake sammamish wa.We been working hard to get into a position to buy the new boat. hopefully this month or next
we will have it..
Old    hyperryd            11-13-2003, 2:26 PM Reply   
I hate posting wake pics because there are too many variables, but here are a few of my '04. These were taken at 22mph, rope at 70', both of the rear factory ballast tanks full, and two people in the boat. The wake gets huge with a bunch of people, but I never got any pics. I am planning on adding 250lbs of lead in the bow for next season. Hope this helps a little.

(Message edited by hyperryd on November 13, 2003)