Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                08-03-2003, 10:56 AM Reply   
Hi i have been wakeboarding 2 weeks

I can jump comftably} w2w, also switch, healside and toeside 180's w2w also switch as well. Im looking for ideas of what to progress 2. I decided that every trick i learn i will also learn switch at the same time, do you think this is a good idea?

Thanks everyone

Andy
Old                08-03-2003, 1:22 PM Reply   
Great and wonderful idea. go for the grabs! Start grabbing and tweaking all of your w2w's and 180's. Backside 180's are a great trick too.
Old                08-03-2003, 1:49 PM Reply   
try lip sliding its fun. after that try 360s and inverts
Old     (drewsmug)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-05-2003, 5:49 PM Reply   
if you can do all that after two weeks, i saw go after a hs backroll
Old                08-13-2003, 3:29 PM Reply   
I wish I was that naturally talented! Lip slides are fun - KEEP THE HANDLE AT YOUR WAIST. Another thing that I really like is backward lipslides. Approach the wake healside and switch directions quickly at the top of the wake as if to go back into the flats. Hopefully you break your back fins loose and slide backwards. Look over your shoulder at the people in the boat but remember to keep the handle low at your waist (more like on your butt). Obviously, you do this one handed.
Old                03-08-2004, 11:58 AM Reply   
i went out wakeboarding for second time this weekend, and my first trick that i pulled off was the backside boardslide out in the flats... i was riding out with my lead hand on my heelside, and just decided that I should try it.... turned the board and just slid... felt really good... all the guys in the boat were stunned that i actually tried it... (i ride at a ski school here in houston with a bunch of guys from denmark).. when i finally fell on that run they informed me that im supposed to do the frontside first... so i got back up and did the frontside lipslide a couple times... i never tried any of them when i was on my toeside... maybe that will be next....