Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (wake_it_up)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-02-2009, 1:28 PM Reply   
I'm finding that i'm becoming more and more frustrated with my handle, every set it is becoming more and more painful to use. It was an older Straightline eva Launch so I am in need of an upgrade anyways. But before you say, the more you ride the better it will be, I am very into biking and I have my fair share of callouses.
Now for the problem, the handle I have is a very small diameter and the foam packs out, and I end up holding it with just the ends up my fingers. Sort of like a sideways J if that makes any sense. Even attempting to grab it as tightly as I can, this still happens over time. So I think I am into the market for a larger diameter handle.
I have no local shop where I can get a feel for them, so im stuck with online and I need a few opinions of what would be my best bet.
I have heard a lot about the Proline LG handle. I think I saw it in a shop once and it seemed very, very hard. I might be mistaken though, I didn't look to closely at what model it was.
I am also looking at the Ronix North or Totem. I have heard that these are very soft, but are almost ridiculously wide in diameter.

Are there any other handles that I should look at? What do you think would be the best option for me?
Old     (jasonpav)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-02-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
I've never actually used this handle...and i don't know if you are looking for a line too, but i thought this was a pretty good deal
http://www.boardersbestbuy.com/
Old     (wake_it_up)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-02-2009, 1:39 PM Reply   
I saw that too, thanks though. Too bad they only ship within the US, they would have had a lot of business from me.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-02-2009, 1:58 PM Reply   
The Proline LG is a dope handle! I have plenty. E-mail me if you still need one.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-02-2009, 2:39 PM Reply   
Any news on the new Lyman handle? That thing sounds sick!
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-02-2009, 3:55 PM Reply   
i think the new lyman is going to be the handle that i purchase next. i like the idea of the grip being a little tacky
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-02-2009, 3:58 PM Reply   
This is just my opinion now. Depending on your hand size a bigger handle could cause fatigue in your hands. I have noticed that when using other handles. Im sure you would get used to it tho. My .02
Old     (idrumyay)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-02-2009, 4:17 PM Reply   
Accurate Era handle (Erick Ruck's model). It's a thicker handle, but I have noticed no fatigue whatsoever. I don't personally own it, but my friends does..and I use it probably twice a week. It is also pretty soft and squishy but by no means slick. Here is one I found just on a quick search:
http://www.boardstop.com/product_info.php?products_id=2265

(matter of fact, it's the handle I'm using in my profile pic)
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-02-2009, 5:52 PM Reply   
I have ridden the Ronix Totem and have owned a couple LG's. The Totem is extremely comfortable but a little too large of a diameter for me. The LG is an awesome handle, with the only downside being it sinks like a rock. On my second one in 2 seasons and it will sink the second I put it in the water...
Old    benj_t            07-02-2009, 6:16 PM Reply   
Definetly check out the Straight Line Benny G handle. You will fall in love with it. Im looking forward to trying the new SL Lyman handle also
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-02-2009, 8:52 PM Reply   
Ronix Totem. cushiest handle i have ever experienced. i think the era handle might be even thicker... maybe i think that because it is not quite as soft...IMO
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-03-2009, 7:23 AM Reply   
ive fealt the lyman handle, i HATED IT it was so awkward to hold, but thats just my preference, i prefer round handles, and i recomend the ronix totem handle as well. its AWESOME but only if you like a large handle, if you like then small, you will most likely not like it
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-03-2009, 7:29 AM Reply   
+1 Accurate Era .... I love that handle.
Old     (coachbrock)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-03-2009, 7:55 AM Reply   
Accurate Voodo...so comfortable and durable