Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (dsw27)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-26-2005, 1:10 PM Reply   
I am getting ready to put the boat away for the witner soon and i want to buff up the fiberglass, clean up the interior and refinish the teak on the swim platform. Any idease on what works well to do this?
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-26-2005, 1:26 PM Reply   
hire a professional.
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-26-2005, 1:44 PM Reply   
wax with the Meguiars Cleaner Wax then rewax with a carnuba wax.
As far as the teak, do a search ... depends on the condition of your teak. If it's not bad, I think an oil will do.
Old     (drifter1136)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-27-2005, 5:03 PM Reply   
I detail boats in IOWA and was wondering how is the condition of the exterior and the swim platform. Where at in MN are you located.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-28-2005, 12:34 PM Reply   
Doug:

Why do this now? I would throw a coat of wax on the boat, some oil on the teak and put it away. Next spring, when I wanted the boat to look its best, I would do the buffing and interior cleaning.

My experience is that the interior gets yucky from sitting covered all winter, especially if it is outside. If you are going to pay money to spruce it up you might as well be able to use it right afterwards when it will look its best.