Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through May 13, 2004

Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-11-2004, 8:21 PM Reply   
OK-
How is everyone mounting their amps in the boat. I have a 99' Air Nautique and I will no longer have any room behind the kick panel in front of the driver (12W7 goin there) and I will not have a significant amount of room under the passenger seat (12W7 goin there too) So I am left with mounting them in the open bow under the cushions or on the walls of the boat. I have seen Grant's system and I can see that he has his mounted on the walls, But I am not sure what kind of epoxy to use and I am not sure how to make the mounting brackets to hang the amps on the Studs in the amp boards. So...I am looking for other ideas, are there any out there?
Old    sculpter            05-11-2004, 10:34 PM Reply   
For an Air Nautique Grants idea of mounting them on the wall is the best idea, not much room in a Nautique as you know. Dont mount them in the bow though. The more you try to not take on water the more you will.
Old    sculpter            05-11-2004, 11:14 PM Reply   
Old    whitechocolate            05-12-2004, 8:12 AM Reply   
Hey Richard. Your going to mount the W-7 behind the kick pannel (like myn) cool. Question have you taken the kickboard off and seen whats behind there? Are you doing it yourself? and if not whats it costing you to have that done? if you dont mind me asking? I have had a few people ask what it would cost to have that done on there boat.

Depending on what amps your running determans wher you can mount your amps. Any amp that will run a W-7 is gonna be big so your gonna need some room. Becides the trunk (bad Idea) I dont know where else you can mount your amps
becides the walls of your boat.
Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-12-2004, 8:53 AM Reply   
Grant-
Yeah, it will be similar to yours. I have the kickboard removed right now, and I already knew what was behind there since I had installed my 10W6 there two years ago. I removed the heater (I have had nothing but problems with it since day one) Under the passenger seat my box will be different than your tube though, I am doing a rectangular box (it will be pretty snug) I don't know what it would cost to have done by someone else though...I haven't let anybody touch my stereos in 6 years.

As far as an amp to drive the 12W7s I am using 2 PG Tantrum 1200.1 amps. They are actually pretty compact. I do like the bracket idea you have for moutning amps but I only have tabs to bolt to on the PG amps...there is not a real hole...so I am worried about it coming off.

For the Glue to mount the amp Boards is that Liquid Nails you are using???

Old     (drewsy)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-12-2004, 2:02 PM Reply   
I also have a 99 Nautique. Mounted two amps under the passenger seat. When you lift the seat up the panel/ wall to the right had a couple of bolt threads that mounted the appolstery. i took a couple of nuts and made alittle stand off and then made a couple of brackets out of aluminum flat stock. bolted the amps to the bar stock and then to the existing bolts. Kind of a pain in the butt, but it's clean and out of the way.
Old     (drewsy)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-12-2004, 2:18 PM Reply   
Upholstery