Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old    stillstandin            08-08-2005, 5:57 PM Reply   
I'm doing a this thread as a favor for a buddy. He is considering both of these boats, sounds like it is down to these two. And yes, he will demo both. Anybody have any advice, pro's, con's or other wise on either. Wake charactaristics (sp), and storage, things like that. Thanks
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-08-2005, 6:02 PM Reply   
I wouldn't have a problem with the MB, if it weren't for the tribal graffics. Imagine how you'd feel in a few years when that fad has come and gone.
Pretty even IMO, both throw down pretty well. Pretty solid boats. It comes down to the test drive and dealer service.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-08-2005, 6:29 PM Reply   
Supra handels better if thats even a consideration.
Old    walt            08-08-2005, 7:21 PM Reply   
The 06 Mb. will have new graphics. http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=15485

I believe You can also order it in solid colors.

the 21.5 B-52 is a nice boat but the 23 Team is SICK !
Old     (wakinbakin)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-08-2005, 9:52 PM Reply   
I have the 22ssv and its a great boat and like gary said, it handles great. The wake behind the 22ssv is big and has a nice lip and can be adjusted very easy using the hydraulic wake plate. If you have any more questions about the supra feel free to contact me.
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-09-2005, 8:41 AM Reply   
Both boats are excellent choices, and you can put any paint/graphic scheme you want on definitely the MB, but probably both of them. I would say that final decision should come down to the dealer, not the boat...i ride in them both very often and both are great boats.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-09-2005, 9:04 AM Reply   
I had a very similar comparison. Both are awesome boats. SSV will handle much better. The MB will have much better storage. If you decide to go to the MB or comparing to the MB you should be looking at the Supra 21v. A little more similar to the B52. I totally agree with Tony Burks and say it should come down to the dealer...
Old    zboomer            08-09-2005, 9:07 AM Reply   
I owned an '04 SSV, and loved it. Great build quality, nice boat. As Diggs suggested, check out the 21V also.
Old    stillstandin            08-09-2005, 10:13 AM Reply   
The 21V was definalty a sick boat..If somebody said, you have to get rid of your sanger, and get a different brand..the 21V would be my boat...But my friend is in love with the Gravity Games edition SSV..not that you can blame him, there is not another option you can put on that thing..comes pimped out.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-09-2005, 9:55 PM Reply   
Here is my two cents. Being a 05 SSV owner, I might be a little biased, but then again who isn't a bit biased about the boat that they bought. I have driven, ridden, and done just about everything that can be done in or around each of these boats. So here goes.

If you usually ride with 5 or more people on a regular basis and need room for all of their crap, then the MB will have more room. The SSV has more interior room however for lounging. The ballast tanks in the MB take forever and a day to fill, and take even longer to drain. Not only that but they are not even close to enough ballast to make a difference in the wake. The SSV could use a bit more than stock, but you have the wakeplate to change the shape of the wake to your liking.
The SSV is extremely smooth, and gets out of the hole very easily with the 340 horse motor, even loaded to the hilt. If you have driven an MB with the two-speed tranny, it sounds like the ass is going to fall out of it when it shifts. Kinda scary.
You will probably hit your head on the tower of the MB when you stand up, that is unless your 5 feet tall. The Roswell tower on the SSV is rock solid. My good friend, that has an 05 VLX, is always commenting on the fact that my tower makes no noise and doesn't have an ounce of play in it. Plus the swivel racks kick ass.

I could go on and on, the best thing to do is to drive and ride in each boat that you are looking into. DO NOT buy a boat without testing it first. Totally look at the 21V as well, as I was very close to getting it instead. I personally think that the SSV and the VLX are the best boats on the market......period. My opinion. Good luck.
Old    walt            08-10-2005, 4:50 AM Reply   
Brandon,
I'm 6-4 and can walk under the B-52 tower with out hitting my head.
Mb. started using a different tower in 05 and is probably the highest tower out there.
I believe they have refined the two speed tranny also. You can hear and feel it shift but it's no big deal and the boat I was on (Cobe's) they didn't even use it until I asked them too (didn't need it) so I could see what it was like.
Your right about the slow ballast tanks though and the 21.5 has more bow rise than I care for.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=15485
Old    hyperryd            08-10-2005, 7:32 AM Reply   
If people would learn how to drive the two speed, it is something that you would never want to be without. It is not an automatic transmission that you slam into second at full throttle. It will take the abuse, but make a hell of a hard clunk doing it. If you treat it more like a clutchless stick it is smooth as can be. Meaning, floor it out of the hole in low, as the boat is getting on plane and you have to pull up on the throttle, shift into high while easing back on the throttle. Most people on my boat don't even realize I am shifting on every run, but they love the out of the hole power.
Brandon, you rode in a new B-52 this last weekend and I don't think you ever hit your head. I wish it had had a two speed and I would have shown you how it is supposed to be driven.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-10-2005, 9:19 AM Reply   
John, good point on the tower. The only time that I did hit it was when I was diving for the binding slime.
Old    hyperryd            08-10-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
Brandon, That was a nice diving sacrifice of your body for a 5 dollar bottle of slime.
Old     (shoe4hire)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-12-2005, 10:53 AM Reply   
I don't think you can beat the MB for storage. I have had great luck with mine. I had the same opions as you and I decided on the MB.
Old    lake_ape            08-14-2005, 9:36 PM Reply   
I would go to the factories and ask for a cross section of each hull. Make your decision based on that.

See this thread!

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/244403.html?1124079891