Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-17-2003, 11:13 AM Reply   
has anyone ridden this skate?
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-17-2003, 12:14 PM Reply   
i have one and its good for just starting out but if you want to do more advanced stuff get something else and alot of people say it has alot of flex but im not seeing/feeling what they are talking about
Old    sickboy            06-17-2003, 2:16 PM Reply   
I'll second Greg. I have one, but wish I would have spent the extra cash on one of the concaves. However, I suck at skating, both street and wake, so I guess it's ok as a recreational skate.

mb
Old    tribal            06-17-2003, 8:11 PM Reply   
Have one also works good for me but I haven't tried any others.Must say it's nice and light.I do w2w jumps on it and I weigh 190lbs and I have never had a problem with flex.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-17-2003, 8:46 PM Reply   
Good for learning but that's about it. If money is no issue, get the concave or one of the Kampus skates. If it is... get a Mutiny. 120 bucks for a pretty nice skate.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-18-2003, 4:26 PM Reply   
Brian,
what is the deal with the Kampus skates? You think I should get the concave for sure?

thanks
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-18-2003, 4:48 PM Reply   
It's up to you. I feel like the board stays with me pretty good with the Kampus skate. I would say demo but that may be darn near impossible unless you know someone with the skates. Either way you go you will definitely like them better than the CWB.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-18-2003, 4:53 PM Reply   
I am looking now at the mutiny, cassette (LF/cassette), and maybe Kamnpus. i just need to know if there is a large difference between the concave and the regular. Also do any of the non-concave skates have kick tails?

thanks
Old    g_line            06-18-2003, 6:04 PM Reply   
i almost positive that one of the mutinys has kicktails and as of right now they dont have a concave deck

(Message edited by g_line on June 18, 2003)
Old    steveaz            06-19-2003, 1:19 AM Reply   
We have both a cassette concave and non-concave. Personally, I feel there is a huge difference and hate the non-concave for anything other than surface stuff. It's much easier to tell where your feet are on the concave. Definitely worth the extra coin.