Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (masonmeuth)      Join Date: May 2009       05-08-2009, 3:15 PM Reply   
Ok I have been riding for a while i used to ride a Belmont for several years, then I got a byerly 137 I loved the fast edgy skatey feeling, but it landed really hard. I blew my knee out and switched to A 2007 Murray 138 remembering how soft the continuous landed. But I am really dissapointed in it. It is sooooo slow and requires ALOT of effort to ride! So I am switching to LF and I dont know which board I wanna go with. I live in Louisville KY and there arent any places to demo boards here so i gotta kinda wing it...
What I want in a board
1.Soft landing.- I have torn my acl twice, once wakeboarding, once in the army but my knees arent the best.
2.Consistent Big pop- I loved how much the byerly popped but it was inconsistent
3.Fast skaty edgy board- The belmont was so slow and I want something that doesnt drag in the water like it did. Although i dont think any board does! I like a loose board but edgy or skaty i guess like my old byerly 03.
I know it sounds like I am too picky haha. I just dont wanna waste my hard earned money on a board i dont like... thansk sooo much in advance
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-08-2009, 3:23 PM Reply   
Are you specifically looking at the 09 models, or the 08 models to. Cause some boards, for example, the shane, changed a bit in 09 I believe.
Old     (masonmeuth)      Join Date: May 2009       05-08-2009, 3:41 PM Reply   
prolly 08 models im looking to save a little money haha!
Old     (masonmeuth)      Join Date: May 2009       05-08-2009, 3:44 PM Reply   
hey i saw u have 2001 awesome boat! Those throw a really nice steep wake! my buddy used to have one.
Old     (wakevb)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-08-2009, 3:58 PM Reply   
I love my Shane man, along with many of my crew. I dont think you could go wrong with it.
Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-08-2009, 4:06 PM Reply   
I have rode on the shane and lyman a bunch. The shane has better pop, better landings, but is not as fast as the lyman. can't go wrong with either IMO
Old     (masonmeuth)      Join Date: May 2009       05-08-2009, 4:58 PM Reply   
is the shane decently fsat tho?
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-08-2009, 7:00 PM Reply   
07 Murray is a slow dog, I'm glad mine broke. It was replaced with the 08 Murray and is night and day different. Check out the 08 Murray you won't be disappointed.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-08-2009, 7:03 PM Reply   
Oh yeahUpload
Old     (masonmeuth)      Join Date: May 2009       05-08-2009, 8:33 PM Reply   
Thats an insane pic what trick are u doin? It looks like u fell outta the sky holding a handle haha
Old    thebiggmann            05-08-2009, 9:52 PM Reply   
I went from the 07 Murray to an 08 Lyman and I'm very happy with my decision. I got my second run in on it today, first one was at the end of last season and with a bad knee, so today was a little bit better test. I was riding behind my boat, which is a DD, with just the wedge dropped, no fat sacs, and I was getting booted like I've never been booted before. It was awesome. I don't think you'll be disappointed at all with the Lyman. I might try and pick up an 06 shane from my LBS this year since I dont think the shape has changed in like 3 years. The have the price at like 300 bucks and I'm gonna see if they'll go down on it since it will NEVER sell in this town at that price. But seriously man, Lyman is night and day from the 07. Happy buying!
Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-08-2009, 9:55 PM Reply   
I would not consider the Shane a fast board, but definitely not a slow board like your belmont. Somewhere in the middle. It has a real strong edge. As far as the new shane shape I haven't tried it, but I'm sure it is sick as well
Old     (mikef9844)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-08-2009, 10:47 PM Reply   
i dont think you would want the ps3, i felt like it sat too deep in that water and was too slow, not the skate feel you want.

the shane sounds more like the board you are looking for, consistant big pop, fast loose skate feel, and soft landings due to the center spine.

never rode the lyman but ive heard its a little faster than the shane and rockets you out into the flats, just like how keith rides!

also think about the watson, thats what i ride. its pretty loose but not as loose as the shane, very consistant pop, softest landings of all the boards. ive gotten better on the watson in 2 months than i have in 2 years of inconsistant riding.

just my opinions though
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-09-2009, 7:25 AM Reply   
I just switched to a shane and it's pretty speedy, loose, massive pop because of the width. I'm used to riding smaller boards (134 Watson) and the 136 didn't feel bigger because it's agressive and easy to maneuver. I love it. Landings very soft
Old     (masonmeuth)      Join Date: May 2009       05-12-2009, 8:22 PM Reply   
ok i have narrowed it down, my dad has a LF watson I rode it last weekend, I love it but I am wondering how the shane compares to it? I know I would be happy with the watson but im scared to buy it without at least knowing how the shane compares.
Old     (mikef9844)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-12-2009, 9:54 PM Reply   
trust me you cannot go wrong with the watson and you say you loved it so go for it! another thing i love about the watson is how wide it is, even at the tip and tail.

but the shane is a lot faster on the water and turning/carving, and going into the wake. The little cupped fins on the shane really make it fast and you can feel the speed from the fins. to me the pop on both felt about the same which was amazing, as well as the soft landings.