Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            11-13-2007, 8:40 PM Reply   
Or maybe what the various components are? :-)

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-13-2007, 8:54 PM Reply   
Whip cream, frosting, and sponge cake?
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-13-2007, 8:57 PM Reply   
So you are the one who is holding remnants of UFOs from Roswell...

Or is it a semi-vector force fin setup out of chainmail? (wouldn't that add some serious weight) :-)

OK - I'm a dork...

How about 1lb EPS base, with 2lb EPS core thingy, then some carbon fiber... wrapped with d-cell rails?
Old    surfdad            11-14-2007, 5:15 AM Reply   
Ed, you aren't even trying - look more closely there is WWWWWOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDD in there :-)

Matt, very close indeed.

I wanted to tie the rails and fins together, but not change the fin box locations...so I tied them in with a width-wise stringer of sorts.

There is a cavity down the middle that I cut and placed a "springer" of basswood.

Over the weekend James and I went dirtbiking. The front forks on my bike have adjustments for rebound, preload and compression, I think. Anyway, I started to think about "preload"...so this experiment started with a "plank" eps for the core that I vacuumed to the rocker bed and as such, preloaded the "springer". We'll see if that works. I'm a little worried about the epoxy cure. It was cold last night and the electric blanket didn't keep it above the minimum 55 degrees...I'm afraid that the epoxy won't cure and I'll just have a mess.

Anyway...the rocker bed is 2#, the blank is 1.5#, balsa and basswood for the structures (THAT is why it didn't cure! It's the wood curse! :-) ) D-cell rails and some carbon tape.
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-17-2007, 2:23 PM Reply   
interesting Jeff