Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    smitty98            08-21-2003, 8:22 AM Reply   
Well on previous post's ive talked about the Ski Chair me and a mate were gonna get round to making, well its been made, check out its first test in the water (pool)!

Well, we though it would?

In the pic it sank, but we new it would, so now we've fixed the problem and she floats like a dream. realy easy to get onto and sit in the water ready to start in deep water.

We had a go at pulling the rope manualy to get a feel of how the chair will go, and i got it on vid, but its at geocities and they keep shutting my account down because of the download, so is there somewhere where i can put the vid? Ive seen alot of people put vids on here from wakepics.com, how much do you get to upload?

So the ski's are 2.5 mtrs long, pretty dam wide and we made the chair ourselves.

Now i just can't wait to get out on the water to try the dam thing out. It will be making an apearence in the brisbane river soonish i hope.

Old    smitty98            08-21-2003, 8:38 AM Reply   
I posted a pic of the chair sinking, forgot to post one of our fix!

Forgot this one

And i do know that if you sit on that it will sink (we tried), but its only there so it wont sink, when u sit in it, it has enough lift in it to sit under your but easily without holding onto it.

Need a new way to hold it underneath, the tape wont be there when we start testing. Any ideas how to secure it underneath? If it falls out and we fall off it will sink to the bottom!
Old    leggester            08-21-2003, 9:34 AM Reply   
Bolts? Silicon glue? Double sided tape?

Many, many ways.
Old    smitty98            08-21-2003, 9:06 PM Reply   
Bolts, well that stuff breaks easy so bolts would tear it, glue, can't make any alterations then, and tape might not be strong enough. It is when wrapped around the seat, but were trying to avoid that.

I was thinking of running a wire down the guts of it and attachint to 2 or 4 ends, but that wold leave little sharp bits for legs to catch on.
Old    rdierolf            08-21-2003, 9:20 PM Reply   
exscuse me if this sounds stupid cuz i dont know what im talking about, but maybe u could use a dozen ropes, or a an oval piece of metal (like in chains)

I know these are bad ideas, but when u figure something out let me know right away so i can patent it and make a fortune off your idea
Old    smitty98            08-22-2003, 12:17 AM Reply   
Nah u can't sell these things, to dangerious, so many ways u can get hurt its not funny. Kinda like trying to sell a car with no brakes, wouldn't go down well.

and its not new, just new to me, ive seen alot of posts on here about similar projects, just i get to ride this project.

I never though of using rope instead of wire, wouldn't cut into the leg tghat way.

Weve got bigger plans than just your normal riding, wait till we test it on the water and i'll post pics.