Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            01-08-2007, 3:49 PM Reply   
http://64.49.204.5/category_s/3.htm

It looks like the 4'6" is rather skim style'ish. That LOA is a pretty common size for most of the skim style boards available.

With Walker in the mix, that will be Inland's 4-skim, Calibrated, Phase 5, Walzer and now a Walker Project.

As I've said before it looks to be a good summer for skim style riders.
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-08-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
how thick?
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-10-2007, 2:45 PM Reply   
Pricing? Graphics? Pics? Help us out Surfdad.
Old    surfdad            01-10-2007, 3:34 PM Reply   
I don't know much more than I have posted above. One of Mike's particular strengths is custom graphics, so I'm sure he'll offer that as he does with all of his boards and incredibly enough it's only like $10 more for any design you can think of.

I was talking with Mike and he's planning to offer stock sizes competitive to the prices of Hyperlite and Liquid Force. Obviously if you want custom graphics, fins, shaping you'd pay extra for that.

His web site indicates that he has applied for a patent on the material and construction.

I have been HOUNDING Mike for a board for testing and as soon as I get one I'll post some pics and hopefully a review.
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-23-2007, 5:39 PM Reply   
Spoke with Mike Recently about the new Composite X series that will come out in the spring. The boards are epoxy over EPS, they will be offered in several colors with production based air brushed designs. There will be two boards in the series a 4'6" twin fin with 2" fins and a 5' twin fin with 2-1/2" fins, the fin boxes will allow 1/2" of adjustment from front to back. The price point should make everyone's wallets happy.
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-23-2007, 8:35 PM Reply   
jeff,
you could still go with a 5/8" foam vs, the regular 3/4" and achieve better results; as in weight and stiffness. We've been working w/ 5/8" thickness and I found that the flex/stiffness is much more superior IMO.
U don;t want 2 much flex, cause it takes away from the rider's performance. Kind of like riding a mountain bike w/ shocks, each peddle absorbs through the shocks, and that is what most wake surfers are not looking for; each pump to make the move. Less flex.
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-23-2007, 9:13 PM Reply   
Of cource you will have 2 use s-glass to acheieve this platfrom. W/ a 5/8" d. foam.

if U choose 2 use e-glass go w/ the 3/4" regular d. faom.

5/8" d-foam w/ a carbon fiber will be the best. But Ur wallet will hurt.