Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       05-16-2011, 7:05 PM Reply   
Probably not the right spot in the forums, but what is the large tube with handles on each side used to hammer down pilings into the ground called? Not the motorized ones, but its just a metal tube with handles on the sides so people can hammer posts into the ground??? Anyone ever used one?
Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-16-2011, 7:21 PM Reply   
pile driver?
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-16-2011, 7:44 PM Reply   

Post driver
Old     (jrich)      Join Date: Oct 2009       05-16-2011, 7:49 PM Reply   
I have one but it's made for driving t post in the ground. Not sure how big they can get tho.
Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       05-17-2011, 3:46 AM Reply   
Thats it, a post driver, thanks, I was asking at home depot if they have one and they couldnt find the ground if they jumped out of a plane! Hopefully I can find one at lowes or something
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-17-2011, 5:35 AM Reply   
Pressure washer works like a dream -- you just put the blast end down where you want the hole and it blows all the sand/mud away with almost zero physical effort - I highly recommend doing it this way
Old     (dillon538)      Join Date: Dec 2010       05-17-2011, 10:46 AM Reply   
water pump works wonders,its the best solution. like the pressure washer idea tho
Old     (LukeR103)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-17-2011, 11:00 PM Reply   
It depends on the lake bottom as to whether the water pump or post driver works best. For us the post driver works fine if you have a couple of people, and around here it's also called a "mother-in-law". They aren't hard to make if you have a welding background. Just make sure it fits 4x4's. Hope this helps
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-18-2011, 1:09 PM Reply   
if you can't use water to make a hole and have to drive it in, but dont have a post driver, just use a sledge hammer. use a chainsaw to saw off the busted part after you have your sides on.