Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old    rustybone            05-31-2005, 9:17 AM Reply   
Just want to hear from all you Canadain riders out there.
Have you started riding?
You going to Rock The Wake?
Are you going to compete in any X-cup events?
What are Your thoughts on wakestock In T.O?

Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-31-2005, 10:26 AM Reply   
Rusty,

Sorry for not getting back to you, but my work schedule has prevented me from getting up north as much as I would have liked. Mike and I checked into the cost of the insurance for our little idea we spoke about and the cost was too much to live with for the time being. Having said that, we would be willing to throw some School Bus stickers on the ride if you still want to go through with that. You can always write or me at callaghan@globalive.com">ocallaghan@globalive.com if you want to talk about it further. OK, now to answer your questions.....

We have been riding for about a month now and have taken our riding to the next step. I have got some spins down, 180's, 3's and some other cool stuff. Mike has finally landed his first tantrum and has some other shifty's and spins also. We are not attending Rock the Wake although Shane is making a stop by Phat Wakes in Wasaga this weekend so I hope to get out with him and the guys at Phat Wakes and watch him throw down some sick stuff. Of course I am not competing in any of the X-Cup events, I suck remember?? And as far as Wakestock coming to TO, man that is awesome, I live 10 minutes away. You guys setting up shop there this year? If so, we could hook up for some good "nightlife" in the T Dot. Hit me back sometime, maybe we can make a trip to Penetang to see you guys ride or just hook up for some suds. Take care dude!

Dan
Old    byerly137pro            05-31-2005, 1:23 PM Reply   
My answer is yes to all your questions except for the last one. It just so happens that I already made plans to go up to my cottage the week that Wakestock was scheduled for assuming it would be up north somewhere, instead its 20 minutes from my house. What a bummer! Oh well at least I get to see The Muskoka Militia Crew Challenge again. Awesome event with a few big name pros too.