Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-14-2003, 12:57 PM Reply   
I hate to sound like a rookie on this one, but does Hyperlite on Jobe or visaversa (sic)???

I was browsing through the bindings guide and noticed that Jobe has a binding (lyman) with the BOA system. The more I looked at the Jobe line of bindings, the more I noticed that the footbeds and overlays also look alot like Hyperlites as well.

PS - I was hoping for someone to incorporate some denim and some rhinestones on their 04 bindings. Maybe next year.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-14-2003, 1:23 PM Reply   
Looks like HL is making the bindings for Jobe. I wonder if they are cheaper.
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-14-2003, 2:28 PM Reply   
H.O. is the main company. Hyperlite is a subset of H.O.. And H.O. owns Jobe. However, there is a larger company that owns a fair amount of H.O. I think at least 20%. This company is the one that acquired Liquid Force and Obrien a couple of months ago. And that is the 'Veracity' of the situation.
Old     (pyrosmurf)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-14-2003, 6:05 PM Reply   
Kent Sporting Goods
|
H.O. Sports
|
Hyperlite & Jobe
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-14-2003, 6:55 PM Reply   
Wow, I'm really impressed with what Jobe's putting out this year. I'd like to try a few of their products. Nice to see Lyman getting his own boot as well as two board sizes.
Old     (mcfly)      Join Date: Jan 2002       11-15-2003, 8:43 AM Reply   
Yeah, we just signed on as a Jobe Dealer for 2004 and we are very excited. The new stuff looks great!

McFly
Waterski Boats Dallas
Old    shiftywakeskate            11-15-2003, 10:36 PM Reply   
everyones using the BOA system now, ive seen it on quite a few pairs of snowboard boots too
Old    lachlantait            11-16-2003, 2:17 AM Reply   
Gee wouldnt you love to be the manager of kent sporting goods how much would you be getting damn!
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-16-2003, 2:53 AM Reply   
is it me or have jobe just completely copied hyperlites last few years of boards and bindings?? but just used almost different colours (maybe apart fromt the 2002 3060's)

Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       11-16-2003, 1:35 PM Reply   
The boa's were on snowboard boots first (I want to say vans, but I can't remember).
Old    catalyst            11-16-2003, 3:57 PM Reply   
yeah the vans fargo boot and the dc started doing it
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-17-2003, 10:51 AM Reply   
They both suck. Tri City rejected all of the DC Boa boots after 4 pairs broke in front of customers. K2 makes a pair too.
Old    maverick_gear            11-19-2003, 12:06 AM Reply   
BOB ARCHER=
Kent Sports=
H.O
Hyperlite
Jobe
Obrien
Liquid Force

NOTE: All your Favorite companys are owned by one singal man(BOB ARCHER=MONOPOLY MAN) if something happens to him or his money were all screwed and the industry goes **** up.
ya jobe is putting some sick stuff out but its all goin to be made overseas, not here, right now there building alot of it here i guess but they are supposedly takin it all to china.
Old    maverick_gear            11-20-2003, 1:35 PM Reply   
don't get me wrong anyone i love there team and there stuff is sick!!
Old    lachlantait            11-21-2003, 2:08 AM Reply   
yeah i got a 2003 jobe insight and it is the sickest board i have, i just doesnt get much respect though, brett eisenhuaer is awersome
Old    maverick_gear            11-21-2003, 10:47 AM Reply   
ya ike is cool he throws it down and gets virtually no respect, keith also has some serious skills....