Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-13-2007, 3:59 PM Reply   
With a lot of the wakeboard manufacturers based in Washington, why is it that there are so few factory sponsored events such as "CWB demo days", here in the Seattle area. I know that The Backyard Tour used to come through here but I believe that is long gone as well as Mission 2 Ride. I don't think NW Sessions has happened on Lake Sammamish in the past 2 years. As well as many other wakeboard related events. Is this a lack of the local shops stepping it up and getting behind events? Is it an oversite by the manufacturers (Even though it rains, people in Washington still buy wakeboards)? Or is this just another case of me not knowing what I had until it was gone?
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-13-2007, 4:54 PM Reply   
I've also seen a resent decline in wakeboard events over the last 2 years or so. It seems like the only events going down anymore are INT and Koppert Lake comps. I just think that nobody is stepping up to organize events anything anymore. I think a lot of the shops and manufacturers would get behind any serious event if some one decided to step up and put one on. The CWU wake club was going to put on a winch pulled rail jam and Hyperlite was going to throw down all the money to cover insurance cost and stuff, but for what ever reason the School shut the whole thing down. The club has its own winch and hopefully we'll be organizing an event soon.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-13-2007, 5:34 PM Reply   
Freezeride at big lake was fun too but I don't think that happened last year either. CWU has a wakeboard club? I would love to check out the rail jam if you guys can get it together. Please post the info on here if you can.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-13-2007, 5:43 PM Reply   
Quit Whinning!

Upload

I see Seattle on there twice!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-13-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
what's "whinning?"

there's a reason why the nw sessions don't take place at sammamish. plain and simple, conditions suck for tournaments.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-13-2007, 6:44 PM Reply   
NW Riders tour & Clinic with 4 stops in WA. Bret V. & Brent Starr. check out the dates on www.wakeboardnorthwest.com
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-13-2007, 9:07 PM Reply   
Anyone notice that this year there are only 3 wakeboard stops for INT????? Weren't there like 5 last year, Baseline and ????
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-13-2007, 10:53 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-14-2007, 12:28 AM Reply   
there are the liquid force maven clinics for girls hosted by some local shops on some of the local lakes & sound but they don't have their summer dates posted yet. wish they had something like this for both girls and guys though. maybe it's just a lack of somebody stepping up with ideas, money and helping to put it together. i know with bmx/mtb and skate comps/events, or for that matter just about anything else, it's like that. anyways,there were a few video premiers over the winter. don't give up...get creative and make something happen...oh and i'd help too :-).

(Message edited by girlwhoboards on June 14, 2007)
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-14-2007, 6:51 AM Reply   
I never knew CWU had a wakeboard team either. I would have gone to the real campus then if I knew that!

I agree that the comps seem to have faded and have also wondered why with all the companies here more doesn't happen. Maybe it's lack of good conditions, I dont know.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-14-2007, 7:43 AM Reply   
WA. & OR. INT I think 8 comps in WA. AWS comps, Spring classic, Free Riders Ball, & Fall Classic, Double Up comp on Lake washing machine in July. There are lots of comps within 2 or 3 hour drive.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-14-2007, 7:50 AM Reply   
I wouldn't think water conditions would be a limiting factor. I've seen video of places like, Kelowna, Blue Lake, and Reno, and none of them would be considered very conducive locations to hold comps as far as water conditions. The INT uses Green Lake every year, and I've always wondered why there isn't a pro stop at that location???
Old     (jamieb)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-14-2007, 5:46 PM Reply   
I never understood that. I used to row there, and Green Lake is GROSS.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-14-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
It may be gross, but the 2 times we have been there it's been butter water. I well take that any day.