Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (wakegirly101)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-11-2007, 1:07 PM Reply   
So me and my best friend are working at Wahweap Marina in Lake Powell this summer as boat instructors. Any ideas on what else- other than wakeboarding- we should do there? Where is the best water to ride that is within close reach of Wahweap? Anyone else worked here and do you have any tips especially on how to get a ride? I know we can use their boats but they aren't wakeboard boats... so yea any advice would help! Thanks!
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-11-2007, 3:55 PM Reply   
-you are female
-you wakeboard
-you are working in a resort town for the summer

we should be the ones asking you for advice...
sounds like you girls got it figured out...

you are going to have no problem finding pulls... but if worse comes to worse, you can always hang out at the wal-mart, safeway or cirle k up in page and find those "perfect gentleman" college types loading up with gas, food and brew preparing to embark on their rented houseboat for the weekend.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-11-2007, 10:11 PM Reply   
you will have some trouble. Not many boats taht are not rentals. Youre hours will be a problem with getting rides with customers. BUT YOU WILL PARTY! ALOT! I showed up in march of last year single. left in october with a pregnant bride to be. Have fun. Hook up with a crew of wake boardrs. There are every year. Get to know some internationals. You may stay with in there homes in the future. Have fun, and Know that I envy you every day.
Old     (kslakebum)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-12-2007, 8:19 AM Reply   
Nicole, I worked at Bullfrog last summer for about a week and hated it. I would have much rather worked at Wahweap. There is more to do with Page being right there. Bullfrog has NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING. I plan on going down to Wahweap next summer. Go rafting on the other side of the dam, I know there is also a lot of hiking to do down there also. Have fun, I am jealous.
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-12-2007, 2:13 PM Reply   
Just go down to the ramp and start talking to people you'd like to hang out with. I'm sure you will get plenty of pulls. Also my family loves the fast food place called RD's. Have Fun!!