Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (oldboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-13-2004, 10:26 AM Reply   
I need a little help here. I'm taking my family on a month long road trip starting at the Wakeboard Pro (Irvine Lake) this Sunday. After that we're hitting whatever lakes we can find on the way to some national parks. I've seen Lake Kaweah and Pine Flat on the map. Are they any good?
We'll eventually hit Yellowstone. Anybody know of something good around there?

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-13-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
Try Lake Hebgen (sp?) in West Yellowstone. I saw several tournament-style boats on it and it looks pretty glassy to me! Plus, I saw a Moose and her two babies on shore to the right of that pic.

Old     (wakejumper8)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-13-2004, 12:52 PM Reply   
Pine Flat in Fresno California is good, its long and you can usually find some decent areas.

Millerton Lake in Fresno is not that great in my opinion, too rough and too many drunk drivers.

Bass Lake off of Hwy 41 is not great for riding but is an absolutly beautiful lake. Its also a fun family lake for swimming and hanging out. Lots of cabins to rent lakefront or near the lake. The little town is cute and it feels very vacation-like, if that makes sense.

On the north side of Yosemite in the Valley is Don Pedro, New Melonies, McClure, and Tulloch. Never been on New Melonies but I hear its nice. Don Pedro is great. Tulloch is small and can get crowded but again can rent houses/cabins lakefront which is nice. McClure is ok depending on weather/wind.

And if you stay inland for north of Yosimite, you can hit the Delta. THE BEST!!! You can always find good water.

Good luck and have fun on your voyage.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-13-2004, 12:56 PM Reply   
Tell Yogi...Mango wants his picnic basket back!
Old     (oldboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-14-2004, 8:41 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info. That's great news! I'll be camping right next to Bass Lake for a couple days and I may meet some friends at Pine Flat. Hebgen sounds (and looks) awesome. I may spend a few days there. Mango, I'll check on that basket.
Old     (wakejumper8)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-14-2004, 10:07 AM Reply   
Ray, there are camping grounds on one side of the lake that are about 100 yards from the water. Enjoy Bass Lake, I have many fond memories there as that is where I got married! Think of me as you look out on the water! Enjoy!!!