Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-04-2007, 12:57 PM Reply   
Anyone had expierience with one of these? im coming from a 21' i/o....will this be a good step up?
Old     (outbackls)      Join Date: May 2004       03-04-2007, 1:31 PM Reply   
Kellan,
What do you plan to do with the boat? I own a 2005 Mobius LSV (same boat as the current Outback V) and it's a great boat for my family. None of us are pro level wakeboarders so the wake is perfect for us. We also take an occasional ski set behind it with no problems at all. The boat turns like it's on rails, plains really quickly, and holds speed great. Probably won't be quite as nice in rough water as your I/O but that's the only negative I can think of. I think it's a step up.
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-04-2007, 1:39 PM Reply   
i plan to wakeboard religiously....it has i think 600 lbs in ballast to begin....If i add another 1000 in sacs do you think it will meat it up?
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-04-2007, 1:53 PM Reply   
Kellan
I got an 06 outback v, added the gravity 3 bag ballast, great boat, havent had any issues, just a great all around boat..
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-04-2007, 1:55 PM Reply   
As long as your putting a lot of the extra weight in the bow you will have an awesome wake. I find this hull really likes more weight up front than most other hulls. If you over load it in the rear the wake wake will be big and steep but you will cut right thru it. With more weight up front the wake will not look as big but it will be a lot more solid and it will really boot you. I found this out while riding behind a 2005 LSV which I believe as stated above is the same hull.
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-04-2007, 2:28 PM Reply   
I run mine with the factory 3 bag gravity games ballast and two fat sacs under the front seats. (350-400lbs). Very meaty and you can adjust the lip with the wakeplate with this set up.
Old     (tmobe)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-10-2007, 11:56 AM Reply   
I had the 05 LSV (now the Outback V) and loved it. Put 150 hrs on it in less than a year. Here is a pic. I had very experianced riders on it and they loved it. It is true that you have to weight it to get the great wake. Never one problem with it. Just sold it and bought the XLV GG. Upload