Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (jamie392)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-10-2009, 8:59 PM Reply   
I ordered some new hyperlite parks bindings, but 06 model in large. My feet are size 10.5. These bindings seem very very tight, I just tried to put them on without them being attached to the board dry and there was no chance I could get them on. I then put some water in the tub and soap and got one on, but it was very hard to get off.

Anyways, I think that they might be the wrong size. So my question, where does it say the size on the binding. I'm a little worried because the on the bottom it says "STANDARD M" I am hoping that is just some manufacture stamping and not a medium size...... These are the first good bindings I have got and I really dont want to head out and get injured because they are wrong.

Thanks a lot
Jamie
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-11-2009, 6:55 AM Reply   
if your toe doesnt stick out past the front foam foot bed.....they should be fine, If your toe goes right to the edge you prob. would benefit from the next size up.we found they fit best if you are 1/2 inch from the edge or so. Parks bindings have always been a very tight fit...binding lube recommended. The pairs we have are also very difficult to get on and off....but are very comfy when on with great support.Also breaking them in will help a bit, but always expect them to be hard to get off.......they def. are not for putting on dry.

(Message edited by absoluteboarder on April 11, 2009)
Old     (vrider202)      Join Date: May 2008       04-11-2009, 7:13 AM Reply   
They will loosen up, as you break them in. Like Michael says, you will probably always need to use lubricant, though. I wear a size 11.5 shoe and have Parks XL's. Nice choice....They will be sweet to your feet.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-11-2009, 10:17 AM Reply   
Don't lose hope - putting on bindings without having them attached to a board is virtually impossible. I ride large bindings and have size 11 feet - your feet will get used to them over time.

You positive they are larges, though?
Old     (river_bum)      Join Date: Dec 2008       04-11-2009, 10:49 AM Reply   
My first pair of parks bindings were very stiff as well. It will take a few rides to break them in.
Old     (jamie392)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-11-2009, 1:47 PM Reply   
Well thats what i'm wondering. I am not sure at all that they are larges! The box says Large on it, but on the bottom of the bindings it is stamped "STANDARD M" which may mean medium, or it may mean nothing, i'm wondering if indeed that stamping is the size or if there is somewhere else on the actual boot that says the size?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-11-2009, 2:36 PM Reply   
In 06 the Hyperlite Parks binding came in these sizes, sounds to me that you got Standard Mediums 7.5 to 9.5, not Large 9 thru 11.

XS (2-4), S (4-5.5), Mini MD (5-7), MD (7.5-9.5), MD-LG (9-10), LG (9-11), XL (11-13), XXL (13-15.5)
Old     (jamie392)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-11-2009, 3:30 PM Reply   
Ya thats what I figured... Guess I have to try and ship them back and get some new ones. I'm surely going to injure myself riding in a 7.-9,5 boot with 10.5 size feet..... Thanks for all your help!
Old     (nancy)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-17-2009, 5:48 PM Reply   
I have some large hyperlite 3ds and they say m standard on the bottom. They should have the size on the rubber by your big toe. I would call hyperlite.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-17-2009, 7:45 PM Reply   
Hyperlite M/L has the medium base plates.
I would recommend a large, Maybe XL. The first thing that will go south is the back inside will start to rip apart.
Old     (michaelb)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-17-2009, 7:57 PM Reply   
also if you get new ones just put them on and stick your feet in REALLY hot water with them on,cause then they will mold to your feet,thats what i did to my old Lf stance bindings,it worked like a champ.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-18-2009, 8:33 AM Reply   
Funny how these sort of threads have disappeared since the new bindings and closed toe have emerged.