Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-16-2008, 3:32 PM Reply   
the 06 shanes that i bought over the net just aren't fitting my foot well. after some test riding i now know that my foot is too narrow, and i really feel them moving around, side to side, when i ride. if i tighten them up even more than my foot starts cramping.L.F. states that the 08s are of a lower profile and better fit. can anyone comment on this? the 06s are comfy, but will 08s fit better for a slim/narrow foot?

i'm not able to try before i buy, but i could have them ordered in for me.

(Message edited by Jman on June 16, 2008)
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-16-2008, 3:35 PM Reply   
dude.. check out the 07 shanes. they aren't as expensive as the 08's and they are SICK!!! i have no doubt the 08's are just as much if not more, but for the price, the 07's are so far ahead of the 06's. happy to elaborate more if ya want
Old     (rlwagens)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-16-2008, 4:44 PM Reply   
I bought the 06's with my board when they came out and they broke along the pro plate my third time out, later replaced them with the 07's and they're more comfortable and sturdy, loved em ever since.

I'd say save the cash and find a deal on the 07 ones, they'd be just fine.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-16-2008, 4:48 PM Reply   
I'd say look for some non-CT boots if your foot is narrow... I've always had a problem with closed-toed boots being too wide and not quite fitting properly.

If you like the style of LF boots, I'd check out the Watsons.
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-16-2008, 6:51 PM Reply   
I had the 08 Shane CT's and have a narrow foot as well....They fit me great! better than last years 07 watsons. I could tighten them all the way down and still move around. The shanes seemed to be a narrower fit and i still had room to cinch them down more once they were tight. I definitely think the 08's are built better and they are lighter as well. Both are great boots tho, you can't go wrong.