Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-16-2003, 8:25 PM Reply   
I was looking at the Jeep.com site and found rooftop snowboard racks for Grand Cherokees. They make a style that holds three pairs of skis/two snowboards or a larger rack that holds six pairs of skis/four snowboards. Has anyone seen these in person and will they hold wakeboards? My shop doesn't have any in stock so I'd like to know if they are going to work before I order them. They would help so much with our weekend trips -- more room for us and the Boxers!
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-17-2003, 6:45 AM Reply   
I have seen some of the snowboard/ski racks hold wakeboards too. Bindings up & remove the fins. But to me the best thing to do is buy a box. check out www.thule.com
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-17-2003, 4:40 PM Reply   
There are some general issues I've encountered with using rooftop snowboard racks for wakeboards: The wakeboards cannot be stacked one on top of the other like the snowboards (due to the wakeboard rocker, as opposed to snowboard camber), and the wakeboards also are wider, so you can't put two side by side. My Thule rack on my Cherokee holds 4 snowboards (2 pair stacked side by side, two up, two down), but the same rack will only hold one wakeboard. But, sometimes we do use it for a wakeboard when space is an issue.
Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-18-2003, 6:19 AM Reply   
My Yakima will hold 1 Wakeboard + a ski, that is it. But I bought it to transport jump ski's and it works great for that. I just throw my boards in the back of my blazer or in the boat.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-18-2003, 7:51 AM Reply   
i had a removeable barrecrafters rack that could hold 2 wakeboards on my mustang, or a wakeboard, two jump skis, and a slalom ski!!!

just put them on there bindings up. i left the fins on. no problem.