Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-22-2006, 7:48 PM Reply   
94 MC205. Last 4 times we have used the boat it does not want to start right away. Today thru elimination I think the problem may be either the neutral switch or the kill switch, messed with both and the boat then started after having tested the starter, ect.... Anyone ever run into something like this? Would you try to replace both and just be done with it or should I look elsewhere? Also, where is the neutral switch located?
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-23-2006, 5:19 AM Reply   
neutral switch is located on the side of the trans
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-23-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
I had the same issue and it was fixed with a cable adjustment. Nothing wrong with the actual switch, but the cable was not getting it in the correct position when starting. The handle "jiggle" also worked.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-23-2006, 1:23 PM Reply   
when the jiggle doesn't work anymore, have someone move the throttle handle while you look at the trans to identify the shifter cable. while in neutral, move it forward or back and try to start to find where it needs to be. then you can undo the linkage and adjust it toward the direction it needs to be. super easy, once you understand it
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-23-2006, 7:14 PM Reply   
thanks guys, we ran the boat today and it is definetly the neutral switch. I was told the neutral switch is behind the throttle? We replaced the tranny last week so the adjustment could be the trick as well. Nacho, how do u adjust the linkage?Take loose from tranny mount and then a backing nut or what? Hey Joshua, how is the LP Sofa workin'?
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-26-2006, 7:12 PM Reply   
Anyone else with any input appreciated
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-26-2006, 7:24 PM Reply   
the sofa is working great.. w/ it in the rear and 600 up frt, that thing really throws a swell. neutral safety switch is on the trans only. there is no real switch behind the shifter, just mechanism. on the new trans install, it is imperative the adj is correct --if not you will burn it up in literally hours... nacho has the right idea -- bit t really takes 2 peeps.
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-26-2006, 8:11 PM Reply   
wough, u said burn it up, thats not good. how so? we have already out 20hrs on it since the replacement with no issues. what should i look for? bad sounds? all sounds good and functions are all ok except the start thing, so what could cause it to burn up?
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-26-2006, 8:23 PM Reply   
If it's not going completely into gear, it won't live long.
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-26-2006, 8:27 PM Reply   
it's going into gear fine. it's just that sometimes i have to jiggle the throttle to get it just right to start. i think nacho has the right idea as well, but joshua has me alittle worried.
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-27-2006, 5:42 PM Reply   
josh, trace? come on, need follow up on those statements. don't want any problems with 5 straight days of boarding coming up.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-27-2006, 6:45 PM Reply   
sorry for the wait.. trace more/less summed it up. it needs to be in full detent.. if you have 20 hrs on it you are ok --if it was not all the way in gear -- it would not have lasted that long...
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-27-2006, 8:32 PM Reply   
good, u had me worried. sounds like i need to adjust the linkage tomorrow down at the lake to get it "perfect". glad to hear the sofa is workin' good for ya. told ya the wake was huge, it's a heck of a set up and people can sit on it. prop gettin' ya out of the hole ok with all the weight? i went to an acme 543 and it helped but those darn acme props get bent up easy, i am going to try an OJ prop again and see how it works out, these acme props just do not hold up well compared to my stock OJ so i hope the new ones hold up as well. only bad thing is gas useage, makes it suck it up fast.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-28-2006, 12:26 PM Reply   
just move the thing forward or back while having someone try to crank it. then move the cable so that it comes to rest in the right spot while the throttle (at the helm) is in neutral. make sense?
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-28-2006, 3:16 PM Reply   
Nacho, thanks, leaving for the lake in a little while, will try to adjust there.