Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old    jesiday            08-01-2005, 12:34 PM Reply   
Okay, so here's the problem.

I think it was a pink towel that bled on the driver's seat, and now I can't get the color out of my vinyl.

I have some of Mastercraft's vinyl cleaner, but I'm fairly certain it's only pressurized windex. It took some of the color out, but there is a definitely a noticeable pink area.

Does anyone have any advice on what to use?

Please help,
-jesi
Old     (d_rock)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-01-2005, 12:39 PM Reply   
let the sun bleach it out. I had that happen with a pair of new boardshorts. After 6 or 7 trips, it was gone. Good luck!
Old    jesiday            08-01-2005, 12:45 PM Reply   
I've heard that will work, the only thing that's getting in the way is the fact that the only time our boat sees sun is when it's out. There is almost always someone in the seat... Did your's bleach out anyway?
Thx
jesi
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-01-2005, 12:50 PM Reply   
I used the Mr.Clean Magic Eraser to get some marke of my white vinyl that nothing else would get out. I tried several different cleaners. Not sure about your pink seat but for $2 it is worth a try.
Board More/Work Less!
J$
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-01-2005, 12:51 PM Reply   
Ihad THE WORST stain from pomagranete tree in the bow and nothing got it out.It cleaned up by itsel . bleach is NOT an option.
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-01-2005, 12:52 PM Reply   
I used the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to get out some stains that didn't come out with other cleaners. I tried several different ones with no luck. I'm not sure about a pink seat but for $2 it is worth a try.
Board More/Work Less!
J$
Old     (sydwayz)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-01-2005, 12:53 PM Reply   
Try Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser. Has gotten out stuff all others have not. And sometimes just a wet towel over the spot next time you go out will rub off the area while you sit on it through-out the day. Seems weird, but it works.
Old     (whitlock87)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-01-2005, 1:03 PM Reply   
I use Tuff Stuff. It comes in a yellow bottle and you can get it at Saterbrothers or pepboys.
After cleaning I like to use 303 to seal the vinyl.
( Had same problem with watermelon, came out no problem)

Old    jesiday            08-01-2005, 1:04 PM Reply   
I feel so stupid now... the wet towel thing actually makes sense. I would defintely have to make sure it wasn't pink or red though. lol

Thanks about the magic eraser. I am going to go pick one up this afternoon. Wish me luck!!! The hubby gets home tomorrow, so it NEEDS to be white again.

-jesi
Old    socalgrl79            08-01-2005, 1:19 PM Reply   
Jesi,

Congrats on Tim coming home, I bet you're excited! Good luck with the boat!

-Amy
Old    jesiday            08-01-2005, 4:10 PM Reply   
Thanks Amy,

I am STOKED. Feels like we haven't seen each other in forever. I definitely need to get that stain out, considering he doesn't know...
Old    socalgrl79            08-01-2005, 4:16 PM Reply   
Jesi,

I bet you're stoked! Good luck with the stain.. I can't help you there.

-Amy
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       08-01-2005, 4:25 PM Reply   
Does the magic eraser take sratches out of fenders?

-Steve

(just kiddin Jesi, don't hate me)

ps, if you/tim would like any help with the fender, please call me up. also, my best suggestion with the stain is to pull out the seat and let the sun do it's work.

pps, welcome back tim!
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-01-2005, 4:34 PM Reply   
Starbrite Vinyl Cleaner and polish has been the absolute best cleaner I have found for the white vinyl in my MC. I have heard that maybe its not so good on colors, but I have white everywhere.

I would give that stuff a shot and work it around with a toothbrush or a medium softness nailbrush. This alone probably will not get all the color out but it should get most off and allow the rest to bleach out by the sun.

You could remove the seat from the boat and set it outside for a while, either the seat and/or the pedestal both come out fairly easily.

If after a few days in the sun still doesn't get it out I have one last reccomendation, its a bit risky and I would definately take the seat out to do it. Clorox bleach diluted about 50/50 with water did wonders for my V-Drive after a black boat cover bled the entire thing purple. You have to be VERY careful to watch it the whole time and I left it on for only 3-5 minutes at a time before thouroughly rinsing it with soap and water. Others will tell you not to go this way for sure, but for me it was either this or a new v-drive cover and was worth a shot. I did that over 3 years ago and have had no ill effects.
Old    jesiday            08-01-2005, 6:35 PM Reply   
Thanks Chaun... I'm going to have to look in to that vinyl cleaner. I'm WAY to timid about the bleach idea.

Steve,

I'm glad to see you still have a sense of humor. I don't hate you, but believe me, the next time I see you there will be an A** whippin'! j/k

Give me a call about Sunday. Blake said he talked to you. Plus, I need your cell anyway. Oh, and yes, if you wouldn't mind playing fender-aid, I would appreciate it.

-jesi
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-01-2005, 7:29 PM Reply   
As I've said before, Malco Plastic and Leahter Cleaner, beats all these other grocery store gimmics and is (MOST IMPORTANTLY) safe for your thread and upholstery materials. Find it at upholstery supply stores or on-line @
www.malcopro.com