Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-30-2005, 3:11 PM Reply   
My family has an old bayliner that is in for service during the season more than its on the water, and therefore spend most of my time wakeboarding and wakeskating behind a pwc. Its not that bad because our friends have a nice boat and i get a pull once in a while, but not as much as I wish I could. Its really easy for me, my sis, and a third to go out early in the morning on our new 05 sea-doo rxt, which is crazy fast and equipped with a wake pylon. The watercraft is picture perfect for wakeskating as you don't need a huge wake to launch off of; its fun to do technical tricks and boardslides on the wake. But wakeboarding behind it is a different story. The wake is pretty damn small, limiting my spins to 180's and surface crap. Anyway, getting to my question: Has anyone tried or have any opinions or advice on adding weight to a pwc to generate a slightly taller wake?? The main storage compartment is in the front of the pwc; would putting weight in the front have any affect on the wake??? I know the outcome wont be a huge improvement but am looking for the slightest improvement i can get.
-Any replies would be greatly appreciated-
Old    dahui            07-30-2005, 5:02 PM Reply   
I know its not what you want to hear but that sea doo is about 12 grand. You could sell that and buy a pretty decent wakeboard boat - An older mastercraft or natique. I really wouldnt put any time or effort into it because a sea doo really doesnt have a large enough hull to displace water, no matter how much weight. The easiest solution for weight would be to add another rider or two and see if theres a difference.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-30-2005, 5:32 PM Reply   
No way would i even think about selling that thing! We don't solely use it for boarding, also tubing, the ease and convenience, and it's a blast to bomb around the lake with at 70 mph. I think ill just try to talk the dad into having some work done on the 1990 bayliner over the winter months: fix that damn hole in the floorboard, new starter, a tower, possible some sacs. For now i guess ill just have to go find some really fat dude to spot for me behind the doo.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-30-2005, 5:57 PM Reply   
keep using that PWC. Your top priority is not wakeboarding, obviously. I recomend just wakeskating since you won't ever land anything big on a jetski wakeboarding.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-30-2005, 8:15 PM Reply   
No its called there's other people in my life; family, siblings- whose top priorities aren't wakeboarding and aren't willing to spend 20k + dollars on one of my hobbies. Just trying to make the best of what i have to use... i obviously should just give up wakeboarding altogether
Old    dahui            07-30-2005, 8:52 PM Reply   
Just try and refrain from chasing the wakeboard boats around the lake. I would sell the bayliner and the jet ski and buy a cheaper jetski and a nicer boat
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-30-2005, 9:06 PM Reply   
exactly the problem, dad will NOT sell the bayliner no matter what so im stuck with that... never am one to chase the few boarders on my lake.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-30-2005, 9:10 PM Reply   
Thanks for understanding DaHui
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-31-2005, 12:12 AM Reply   
Pretty much the deal is you PWC wont throw what you want even if you weight it where its almost sinking. Your Bayliner could be a decent boat to board behind, if your dad since your 14 would put a couple grand into it. I see you ride a Parks, which is an awesome board, if you have a wake, otherwise its major overkill, I understand you ride behind a buddies boat too, but just lookin out for you you might even try the Hyperlite Roam, its a super fun ride, even without a wake, surface tricks will never be the same. Not raggin on you since i know its more your dads(ive been there too) but its always been mind boggling, when people have a PWC that costs more than their boat, and if your boats in the shop as much as it sounds like dad would be saving money for himself if he sold it and looked for something different.
~Tyler~