Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-25-2005, 9:43 PM Reply   
For some strange reason I never read the cover story's on the Home page. The photo of the Black boat caught my eye, If you havent read the cover story now's your chance.

I would like to know more about Chris Anthony, And how this boat and company came to be. To some people this might not be a big deal or just another boat but to me this is way cool. The way the story tells it he built most of this boat out of his garage. If this is true this is one hell of a DYI project. Any other info on Chris and how he got this company started. would be great. I know we have all dreamed about building your own boat, its cool to see some one did it

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-25-2005, 9:58 PM Reply   
I agree Sound Illusions. Just the fact that he made such a great personal effort makes me wonder whether this boat truly is better. Someone with a passion for the sport like this guy really wants to make a change. I love his new boat and am really serious about buying one myself when I get out of college. I am hoping by then he will have established his company as one of the top wakeboard boat manufactures...but only the future can tell.
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-25-2005, 10:03 PM Reply   
For sure Grant - If you've got a vision, get it done and make it real! I'm stoked on many of Chris' ideas I see on that boat - hearing more about it would be cool. The amount of work and dedication that went into that thing is IMPRESSIVE!!!
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-25-2005, 11:53 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/241377.html?1122356564

grant this thread has been goin on for a while
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-27-2005, 1:08 AM Reply   
I like the way this thread has started much better :-) I appreciate the stoke for the Company and the Boat. Some of the back story is: I grew up around water and was an avid kayaker with Olympic aspirations when I was younger. I have actually put a lot of time into kayak design but never tooled a whole boat. I was always very interested in the hydrodynamics of the whole thing. How friction and different currents affected the boat and how river elements produced different water situations. My father, Alan Anthony actually helped design the first inflatable kayaks way back in the early 80s. I guess that is where I got my engineering spirit. That, coupled with my Stepfather Andy Brown’s love of computers, put me in a unique position to get really curious about hull design and actually apply the tools necessary to figure out hull nuances and how they could be manipulated to build “The World’s First Wake Boat”. After seeing what different boats could produce, I knew hulls could be constructed a little differently to further enhance wake performance. It was only a matter a time before I convinced myself that that it could be done and more importantly should be done. The rest is in the cover story, years of sanding later we finally have a prototype and are starting our first production run tomorrow. I can’t wait to see some new rider land their first wake to wake and the greatest pro riders pulling 1080s regularly off of our new 23v :-)
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-27-2005, 1:32 AM Reply   
Chris, kudos to you for what you have done. You have implemented what I only dream about!

If you ever want me to pick it apart for you in private (something I love to do with BU/MC/CC in public!), I would be willing to help you for free.

BTW, so far everything I have seen looks great. I think you could easily eclipse CC/MC/BU since these companies are SO slow to innovate.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-27-2005, 9:54 AM Reply   
GD ~ I have to disagree with MC and BU being slow to innovate,I guess they could speed it up a bit tho.LOL

CC now.....Yeah awsome product but slow to innovate.
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-27-2005, 1:33 PM Reply   
I remember when Chris was on here a few years ago selling his malibu skier that he had totally restored. He told us then about building his own wakeboard boat. Its cool to see he made his dream a reality and not just BS like alot of people talk around here.
Old    4sher            07-27-2005, 2:21 PM Reply   
Chris,

Have you guys wake surfed behind that bad boy yet. If so, post some pics of the wake
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-28-2005, 5:56 PM Reply   
Jim,

I thought Chris' name sounded familiar, and thanks to you, I now know why. I remember seeing pictures of that boat. He had a pretty awesome website showing what he had done to it.
Old    byerly137pro            07-28-2005, 8:16 PM Reply   
I have total respect for this guy, he devoted so much time to better a sport we all love. So is Toyota going to be the manufacturers, cause I remember someone have a Toyota boat called the Epic but I'm not sure if the two are related.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-28-2005, 10:56 PM Reply   
Wakesurfing from today

Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-28-2005, 11:38 PM Reply   
Awesome pics kyle, we might have to use those on the website. Now we just need more than 3 people in the boat for a little extra kick to that surf wake. I figured you would post the 360 you pulled, but I guess you are trying to be modest huh. Izzy way awesome too. Her first time wakesurfing, not having even wakeskate experience and she ripped it up heel and toeside. To bad the wind chop is HELL on the OKANAGAN...
Old    4sher            07-29-2005, 9:09 AM Reply   
Chris,

Lemme know if you guys make it up to Seattle with your boat. I'm sure the Inland Surfer crew would like to check out the wake.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-29-2005, 11:12 AM Reply   
Hey Mark, I was talking about Inland Surfer while we were surfing yesterday... you dont see many of those boards up here... and I wanted one for my school... but I have the Oogle which is not the easiest to learn on... Come on up here and bring me a board... it is a long weekend here... you will be here in 6 1/2 hours!
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-29-2005, 11:20 AM Reply   
which hand rotation is the prop on the Epic?
Old    4sher            07-29-2005, 3:59 PM Reply   
Kyle, we'll probably skip the drive for now (that's 6.5 hrs we can spend on the water). We are, however,always happy to support schools. Shoot an email to info@inlandsurfer.com.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-29-2005, 4:37 PM Reply   
Kyle ~ Why did you take the pics of the wake from the side of the boat and the camera almost in the water??

You are not trying to make it look bigger for the wakeworlders are you??

Chris ~ I wouldn't use those pics,I suck at noticing little things but that's obvious.

Not trying to bash,I like your boat just not the pics.IMO
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-29-2005, 10:02 PM Reply   
Big Ed... not trying to make it look big... we liked the shot because the 23V logo is in it... cool angle...

As for wake size... I think I might go into competition with Chris and his Epic boat...

I just bought all of the supplies required to start tooling my own boat...

I am going to make it as simple as possible... no ballast... and as light as possible... and design it around the Mercedes 3 cylinder diesel... have the interior designed by Swatch...

I am going to make the SMART 18V.

I think it will be sweet when I am done... going to try and keep the wake small... but perfect shape... and clean...

I am starting to think that wake size doesn't matter if you are good...

So the boat will be geared towards that want to save money on gas and are already good at wakeboarding...

Because after all.. who needs a big wake?

Have a great weekend of riding!
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       07-30-2005, 6:30 AM Reply   
Kyle, If you want to a small cheaper "Wakeboard Boat" why dont you take an old ski nautique 2001 hull make it a v-drive and redesign the top deck to be an open bow and update everything in it. I am guessing it would be cheaper than building a boat from scratch and I think that it would do exaclty what you want and be pretty cool.

Actually I kinda wonder why Correct Craft doesnt do this. If they could sell a quality v-drive wakeboard boat with a proven wake for under 30k they would have a price point boat like all of the other manufacturers have now and they have already done all of the R & D on the hull.

Sorry for the hijacking rant that made no sence. Kyle just got me thinkin.

(Message edited by jon4pres on July 30, 2005)
Old     (retrofridge)      Join Date: May 2005       07-30-2005, 12:06 PM Reply   
In the pics above where is the rubrail?