Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-21-2005, 1:43 PM Reply   
Apparently my keypad has shorted out or something, nothing works. My mechanic says the keypad is on national backorder. Anyone else ever have this problem or know about the backorder?
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-22-2005, 7:54 AM Reply   
I've had 5 boats with key pads and never had a problem with one. Don't know anything about a backorder.
Old     (mike_t)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-22-2005, 8:18 AM Reply   
I had an interminent(sp) problem with my keypad on my '01 SAN. Sometimes it would take me 20-30 times of punching in the code before it would take. West Coast CC traced it back to the breaker box. They replaced it ($800) and I haven't had a problem since.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-22-2005, 10:51 PM Reply   
ouch! Hope that's covered by warranty, buddy.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-23-2005, 10:27 AM Reply   
Scott! what up? no warranty on this one. I did call Southeast Correct Craft myself and got a keypad so I should be back in business next week. You doing any riding these days?
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-23-2005, 9:11 PM Reply   
Yeah, I just started again, actually. I bought a new boat (Centurion T5 Thunder) and I'm just getting back into it. We'll have to hook up sometime soon. Good to hear that you're back in business!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-24-2005, 12:29 PM Reply   
Mike,

Post on www.planetnautique.com, you might get even more replies.
Old    wissota            07-27-2005, 9:15 AM Reply   
Had gauge & keypad problems. Found the terminal rivet broke on the main power/bilge on/off switch. It would touch & make contact, then "jiggle" & do funkie stuff to gauges & keypad. Take a look. Mine is 03 SANTE
Old    fun9c1            07-30-2005, 8:55 PM Reply   
I have a friend with an '00 and all he has to do is press the start button since brand new. He never had it fixed 'cause who the hell wants to press 5 buttons to start it? Give me the "old fashioned" twist of a key any day! I think those keypads are a case of somebody at CC not getting the "K.I.S.S." memo...
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-31-2005, 3:44 AM Reply   
Have owned 2 boats with the keypad and it's one of the best features you can have. Our boat is always in the harbour, and it's great that you never have to look for your keys. It's easy to use, you only have to press the right code the first time to get the system in operational mode. After that it's only "start" or "stop". No problems with the keypads this far.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-31-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
I thought mine was kewl until it stopped working one day. I bypassed it by putting a ground on the black wire going to the control box, all it does is supply ground to the ignition if the keypad gets the right code. Now, I just have to push Run, then Start, no code. It's been quite a while since I did it, I'll take a pic if it stops raining.