Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (aidan)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-01-2005, 12:25 PM Reply   
Towards end of day Sunday hot water was coming up through the floor where driver sits. Water was so hot flip-flops had to be worn. Boat temp was OK so we drove back. Now I need to know where water was coming from?
Old     (chuckd)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-01-2005, 12:27 PM Reply   
check the heater core
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-01-2005, 12:38 PM Reply   
definitely the heater core
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-01-2005, 12:58 PM Reply   
your heater core ...right behind the foot rest. check to make sure the clamps are tight or for a busted hose
Old     (aidan)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-01-2005, 1:43 PM Reply   
Does the water circulate through the heater core? If hose is busted and you just cut it and put plug in it? I've never had anything like this happen. We leave boat at river if I wanted to fix it next trip what should I bring?
Old     (chuckd)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-01-2005, 1:48 PM Reply   
you can connect the hoses together but don't plug it
Old     (aidan)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-01-2005, 3:11 PM Reply   
Got it.........any idea what I might want to bring to fix leak? Size of hose, fittings, etc........Thanks for the help.

JT
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-01-2005, 4:44 PM Reply   
My heater core was blown out this weekend also! This is my second and last heater in 5 years (2000 VLX). I am not replacing it again since I don't use it much and it wears out every two years or so. To bypass the heater, we put a 5/8" hose coupler in place of the heater. Now the hot water just circulates to/from the engine bypassing the heater. All you need is a brass coupler (home depot) and stainless hose clamps.
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       08-01-2005, 5:18 PM Reply   
You can actually by-pass the heater core without a coupler. A short piece of hose from the intake manifold (out to heater core) connected to the engine water pump (return from heater core) will do the same thing as GD did with a coupler.

Greg
Old    ag4ever            08-01-2005, 5:40 PM Reply   
You can plug it. I would need to be pluged at both sides though.

I have a valve that I use to keep the hot water away from my heater core during the summer. It is hot enough in the texas heat without the added heat radiating off a hot heater core.