Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (dba4life)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-27-2005, 9:01 PM Reply   
Hi,

I purchased a set of Boss B-50 speaker cans. 5.25 speaker and a seperate tweeter. I bought the MB Quart RSC 213 speakers to put in them. The same ones that were used by Boss before they switched to Spectrum speakers. For anyone that has dis-assembled the tweeter part of the speaker - how are they attached to the can? It looks like the only way I can attach them is by gluing them on the metal edge? What am I missing?

Thanks for any assistance.

Attached is the cans I have. As you can see there is no where to screw in the tweeter.

Old     (superair)      Join Date: May 2000       07-28-2005, 6:57 AM Reply   
They use clear silicone and just glue them in. Mine had a ton of it aroung the magnet. I think they used about 1/3 - 1/2 a tube on each one.

later
Old     (jeffreyala)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-28-2005, 12:28 PM Reply   
While you have them apart you could probably put some Dynomat in there. Has anyone tried Dynomat in speaker cans? I know it helps with car audio stuff.........

Jeff
Old     (dba4life)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-28-2005, 1:19 PM Reply   
Hi Jeff,

I already have the dynamat ready to go. I also plan to silicone the hole that the wires for the tweeter run through. Plus add some polyfill to the can.

Should I run a bead of silicone between the 5.25 speaker and the metal can as well? In the picture this would be where the 4 small screw holes are on the front edge of the can?

Shawn - Thanks for the quick answer. That helps me out big time.

Thanks