Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (petertjr)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-26-2005, 5:47 PM Reply   
i've got a 1998 4winns bowrider with a 4.3 I/O. We hit a rock and it bent the prop shaft. Does anyone know how to remove the prop shaft?
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-27-2005, 12:32 PM Reply   
I am confused.

Prop shaft on an I/O?

I/Os have an "outdrive" unit that hangs down in the water. The "prop shaft" is only like 8 inches long. I have seen some totally mangled props that have never bent this shaft. Are you sure its bent?

If the shaft is bent then then outdrive unit needs to be torn apart. If the shaft is bent then I wouldn't be surprised if the seal has been messed up as well, and it is possible that the outdrive housing is messed up.

I think that your only option is to take it to a reputable shop and let them work on it. It won't be cheap.....1
Old     (petertjr)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-27-2005, 12:45 PM Reply   
i called a marine, and apparently it can be taken out without taking the whole thing apart, so we're going to do it at an auto dealership i work at
Old     (petertjr)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-27-2005, 12:46 PM Reply   
nothing else was damaged besides the skeg and prop