Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-25-2005, 10:25 AM Reply   
I have been getting a sporatic warning beep from my digital display then flashing "Oil P". At first I just thought faulty guage, cause the gage was reading about 20 psi. After paying closer attention, its happening when I pull up a rider when I hitting about 2,000 rpm. Manual says min. pressure is 18 psi at 2,000rpm.

What are potential causes of low oil pressure?.
Old     (jeffreyala)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-25-2005, 10:48 AM Reply   
Maybe there is a bad sending unit? If it isn't that and the fluid levels are not too low or too high then it could be the oil pump or pickup tube. I would see how to troubleshoot the sending unit first.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-25-2005, 5:07 PM Reply   
Potential Causes of Low Oil Pressure
Low on oil
Oil Pump
Worn rod, main, cam bearings
clogged oil passages in the engine from oil sludge

Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-26-2005, 9:17 AM Reply   
I have a 04 wakesetter and had the same thing. It's your v-drive oil not your engine oil.

If you're looking at your v-drive in the right (port your looking to the rear of the boat) hand side in the back (Engine side) of the v-drive is a square head screw. That screw was loose on mine so it was leaking. I only had about a 1/4 of a quart left in the drive unit. I've also heard of them leaking at the oil pressure switch. That is also on the right (port) side when you are looking towards the rear of the boat.

If you have a Walter Gear Box it takes 1 quart of SAE 30 Motor Oil. I use Delo SAE 30.

Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-26-2005, 9:19 AM Reply   
Thanks for the replys. Lucky for me I have 1 more week on my warranty. Gonna have dealer look at it monday. I am hoping its just the sending unit. I leave for a week vaca on sat. giving only 5 days for dealer to fix. I know how that can go.

I know its not low/high on oil and have always changed the oil every 25 hrs. Just another of a long, no huge, list of problems.

Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-26-2005, 9:23 AM Reply   
I wish it was low V drive oil. Its right on the mark. I did have a leak 2 yrs ago at the pressure switch.

When you got the warning low Oil P, did it flash a number at you?
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-26-2005, 9:27 AM Reply   
No numbers it would flash on start up then go away. It would flash only about 20 percent of the time then go away.

What number is it flashing at you?
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-26-2005, 9:46 AM Reply   
The alarm going off as I pull up a rider and pass 2000rpm and it flashes a number anywhere from 12-18. I am guessing thats the pressure its reading but I aint sure.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-26-2005, 9:50 AM Reply   
My money is on the v-drive switch. At least it's still under warranty.