Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (sredlekram)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-04-2007, 4:45 PM Reply   
hey, im 19 years old 6' 160 pounds and in need of a new board. Im kinda low on money and only have like 300 bucks to spend on board and bindings. I was wondering what the best board package for my buck would be. I currently ride a real old hyperlite cruiser and was trying to learn the backroll behind my friends old searay. however, i just didnt seem to be able to get enough pop and therefore think its time for an upgrade. i know i prolly want a three stage rocker and the guy at our local wakeboard shop suggested the hyperlite state. but i read people rippen on it on this discussion board so i was just wonderin what u all think would be a good choice for a board. thanks.
Old     (cwaker4)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-04-2007, 5:18 PM Reply   
LF omega is a good option and u can really grow on that board maybe look for an 06 packaged with some alphas. good luck.
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-04-2007, 5:39 PM Reply   
I would buy a used board. You can find them on here or on ebay. The technology is not advancing as much as some think. For instance, in 2005, I bought a new Parks DNA board thinking it would be a huge improvement over my 2002 Byerly DNA board. You want to know what board I ride today? My Byerly.
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       06-04-2007, 5:46 PM Reply   
cwb 141 faze with the seven bindings is only $299.99 and that is ur size
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-04-2007, 7:09 PM Reply   
Jason- thats because parks boards are always pretty hard to ride (for most), and the 02 Byerly is possibly the best board ever made, I have never been able to own one but would love to get my hands on one.

sorry for the Hijack****

Back on topic, just check Buywake.com or wakeside.com or any of the sites that advertise at the top of this site for some good closeout deals on 06 or possibly even 05. Sometimes I am weary on buying used equipment on Ebay, although if you use a credit card you can cancell if there is a problem. I found a killer deal here for you on buywake its an omega w/ alpha bindings for 340

http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/LI_tC8Zg

But if I were you I would find my local shop and see if they can't hook you up with a good deal.