Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-21-2006, 7:31 PM Reply   
Just got the 'Truth' today in the mail. I enjoyed the video, and appreciated a wakeboard vid that I could play without the in-laws commenting on this generations degenerative music (except Lyman's part...that tune didn't go over well)

I really loved the super slo-mo shots. I didn't like having 'group or partner' sections so much (i.e. Watson and Bonifay together, etc.)

I know its cheap thrills, but I always look forward to the wreck section of a video. The Truth was a letdown because I couldn't find it (maybe I'm a dumb#$@).

No knock on this film, but if you are looking for a last second flick for someone for Christmas, I would say score Delta Sessions 2 for them, it made a bigger impression on me.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-21-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
I saw it tonight, enjoyed it immensely.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-21-2006, 9:37 PM Reply   
My copy is coming tomorrow. Pumped to watch it. I wasn't a huge fan of DS2, so I hope I like it better than that...
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-21-2006, 10:47 PM Reply   
the truth steps up filming so much! i wanna be impressed by the editing and shots more than the riding and the truth does that for me!!
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-21-2006, 11:44 PM Reply   
Did someone say crash section....? ;-)
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-23-2006, 9:26 AM Reply   
Watched it last night. Ridiculous.
Old     (beastmaster)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-23-2006, 3:21 PM Reply   
I just got it. It is a really good. Hats off to Justin Stephens
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-24-2006, 1:20 PM Reply   
please dont say anything im still waiting, but i can only bet it will be one of the best or it will be the best wake film ever. im stoked!
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-24-2006, 9:31 PM Reply   
Great flick. Brother somehow got a copy for me, and I enjoyed it a lot. One of the only wake films that didn't put me to sleep in the middle!

I was a tad sad about no crash section...unless I am missing something, but the other bonus stuff was great.

Tino's section was rockin.
Old    orgborn            12-26-2006, 10:35 AM Reply   
I pre ordered from wakeside,I really like the movie
>Dont understand why watson and shane had such a weak section
>Ben greenwoods part is insane as well as lymans
>Its all around a great video besides leaving two of their main guys to a such a small part.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-26-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
Watson and Shane were hurt a good portion of the year, so they didn't have a whole lot of footage of them.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-26-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   
Greenwood just became one of my favorite riders to watch! His section was great and he is so much fun to watch ride. WOW!!!!

I thought the Juju bonus part was pretty funny.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-26-2006, 6:54 PM Reply   
I liked the part about the dock sliding

"Guess I'll have to ollie higher..."
Old     (tylerc)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-26-2006, 8:43 PM Reply   
Benny, Amber, and Lyman's segments were untouchable. Soven's part was a close second to those three for me.

Easily the best wake flick I've seen so far.

JS is sick, hats off to him.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-29-2006, 3:51 PM Reply   
Some of it was pretty good. I am kind of disappointed though after all of the hype.
Old    wakeboardpunk17            12-29-2006, 6:43 PM Reply   
I thought the editing was sick, I LOVE THE SLO-MO and the soundtrack is pretty tight as well. Overall I thought it was a great movie, still wish it had more on watson and shane but thats understandable.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-29-2006, 8:32 PM Reply   
I just watched it. I loved Ben's section, and absolutely loved the slomo loop in the bonus section. Hands down the coolest slomo action I've seen in a wake video.
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-29-2006, 8:38 PM Reply   
I just got it today, I really liked the opening along with Lyman's part.
Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-29-2006, 8:50 PM Reply   
Gotta love Aaron Reed jumping into a wakeboard. Looks like he was having a great time!!!
Old     (merge360)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-29-2006, 9:21 PM Reply   
Just got it today... Really impressed with the riding from the LF team.... Justin has some great idea's with the editing process... The slo-mo was SICK! Anyone else disappointed when credits started rolling around the 41 minute mark? Thought it could have been just a tad bit longer but overall, great video to have in the library...
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-29-2006, 10:19 PM Reply   
it did seem short...but I just watched all the credits and bonus features to make up for that feeling
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-30-2006, 2:39 PM Reply   
Just watched it, very well done. Justin best work IMO, his use of slow motion was the best I've seen. My favorites, Ben Greenwood's section, Amber Wing, Kevin Henshaw on the rails, Shane/Watson, Philp Sovens section (sick) & best shot for me was Phil Combs tail shiffty in slo-mo. Congrats to LF and Justin, you guys nailed it.
Old     (outbackls)      Join Date: May 2004       12-31-2006, 6:10 PM Reply   
I got my copy just after X-Mas and was a bit let down. Too much hype IMO. Relentless was 10X better. I did like the slo mo work and the editing was good but the sound track was just... bad. Do any of you ride to that music? Ben's section is the best and I'd really like to understand what happened in the Ju Ju section? Anyone have any details on that?
Old     (iman21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-02-2007, 8:14 AM Reply   
I may get crap for this but The Truth was a let down for me. Ben and Amber's sections were good. Lyman's section didn't really showcase his abilities. The high speed filming was awsome but there could have been more clips. It seemed rushed after 2 years of filming and not that Justin didn't do a great job but the "This is what we go through" section was a turn off.
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-02-2007, 7:02 PM Reply   
I really liked the movie - you can't go past the slow-mos, but the soundtrack really let the whole thing down for me. I want music that gets me hyped to ride!!!!! for that reason i probably won't watch it over and over the way i would with counterfeit this - i was expecting to have a new favourite movie, but CT is still winning for now.
Phillip Soven's section was the one exception for me - great music - awesome riding!!!!
Old     (wakerpunk)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-05-2007, 8:40 PM Reply   
what kind of injuries did watson and shane have during the season?
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-07-2007, 10:25 AM Reply   
Watson had a knee injury i think, don't know about Shane though.
Old     (lfshane132)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-13-2007, 11:07 AM Reply   
yeah the truth better get video of the year justin stephens bought a ten thousand dollar camera that was designed by the military to see how a bullet shoots and if u dont believe go ask ben greenwood who is the one who told me DS2 was good to but didnt come close to the truth
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-13-2007, 5:49 PM Reply   
I watched the other day.. great vid! the only letdown was that there was no stef tor in the video and melissa and lauren's section was way too short... they could have had a section for each.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-24-2007, 7:44 AM Reply   
Turns out Tino Santori is the sickest rider LF has! His section is unreal!
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-24-2007, 9:54 AM Reply   
Tino is insane and Henshaw kills rails! he is very simon chamberlain on sliders.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-24-2007, 10:33 AM Reply   
I agree with the favorites. Huge respect for BG. Tino kills it. Love the slow mo on Sovens Nuclear Whirly. The perspective on the handle position and grab was sick!
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-26-2007, 10:07 AM Reply   
Just saw it, my son is in the background during the California debut Shane interview.
Dig the Slo-Mo!
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-26-2007, 11:15 AM Reply   
I havent read all the posts but i have to agree with most but i also have to say that watsons and shanes section was sik, i liked the fact that it was combined. Also kevin h. killed it
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-28-2007, 5:20 PM Reply   
Juju.

Although I prefer watching Grubb for his finesse, Aaron Reed is the man.
Old     (yeldarb)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-29-2007, 6:22 AM Reply   
Anyone know of someplace that rents wakeboarding movies? I'd love to see some of these, but 25-30 bucks for a DVD is pretty much out of the question. Gotta save for boat gas this summer :-)
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-29-2007, 12:43 PM Reply   
Just watched this first and then bent felix. Felix didn't even come close for me. I know a couple of people didn't like the music, for me the music was great......Not the soundtrack I would pump when I'm ridding, but it did an awesome job of letting the riders showcase....The music in felix is annoying enough in parts to make me skip them.

Bonus section...JuJu was funny, and odd....Whats the whole story on that? Did they find out why a brand new Malibu sank?

Cinematography was so far beyond anything I've seen in an action sports video. Awesome. The butter effect held my favorite position for a while but it just got edged out.