Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old     (south30)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-18-2002, 7:35 PM Reply   
I found these on ebay any body seen or used these..... http://www.nvertsports.com/nvert.html
click on racks
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-19-2002, 6:21 AM Reply   
How much are those just out of curiosity?
Old    galboarders            11-19-2002, 2:18 PM Reply   
I've tried the new racks too. Drove the truck with the boards on the rack, no problems. Revolutionary!!!
Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-19-2002, 2:32 PM Reply   
Irene, FYI you could get pulled over for having the boards on the racks while driving on the road. In Washington, I heard of people getting pulled over for being wider than 8 1/2 feet. Our state and I know others have laws that you need a wide load permit to tow anything over 8.5. Thought you might want to know.
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-19-2002, 2:50 PM Reply   
lots of 1 time posters commenting on these
Old     (south30)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-19-2002, 2:58 PM Reply   
hey salty,
there's only 1 first time posters.......whats your point
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-19-2002, 4:03 PM Reply   
I can tell you as a matter of fact that the Nvert racks are da bomb!! They hold your boards so tight that there is zero board rattle. Also, every strap I have ever had on old racks has broken at some point and with these that is not an issue. You can’t go wrong with these racks. Plus, they cost significantly less than Boss, etc. I highly recommend them. Just my $0.2 and I am not a first time poster.
Old    allterr1            11-19-2002, 4:08 PM Reply   
How much? And do they make em for Moomba?..(flat crossmembers)
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       11-19-2002, 7:55 PM Reply   
they look like windsheild wipers just my 2 cents
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-20-2002, 7:13 AM Reply   
I don't think I would trust something that only clamped without a means of holding the board in the rack if it were to slide out.
It does look like the clamp is sorta thin.

Also, only $0.2.

Chris
get the grip you deserve
www.wakejunky.com/gatorgrip

Also, available
http://home.surewest.net/cfoye/96SportNautique/96SportNautique.htm
Old    nvert            11-20-2002, 9:41 AM Reply   

>
>
> Hello,

I'm not sure if manufactures are allowed to
> participate on this message
> board, but I just wanted to answer some of the questions
> being asked. Currently, our
> rack our selling for 289.00 msrp, less 20% off for
> Christmas (231.20). The
> wiper blade configuration distribute the load over a
> larger area, as well as
> adds some adjustability for different board
> thickness. As for trusting a
> rack with no bungee, each clamp has a force of 25lbs
> per clamp area, and you
> wouldn't believe how easy it is to load and secure
> your boards. One clamp
> alone can hold the board securely. In addition to
> the clamp pressure, we
> have a custom extruded non-skid rubber that holds
> the board from movement.
> As for if it fits your tower, we will custom build a
> clamp for any
> particular application at no extra charge if we do
> not have it already
> available. Please feel free to contact us, if more
> information is needed. We
> will monitor this discussion site to answer any
> question. Your input is
> greatly appreciated. Thank you.
>
> Jim Wiley
Nvert Sports
> 800-288-5124
>
> Extreme Sports ?? Visit: www.nvertsports.com
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jim Wiley [mailto:wiles63@yahoo.com]
> >
> __________________________________________________
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-20-2002, 11:08 AM Reply   
Geeze, the clamp thing is a great idea but the liability is huge. If a board slides out people can get killed. This is an area where I think it is better to be safe than sorry.
Old    nvert            11-20-2002, 11:31 AM Reply   
I guess you would have to actually see boards in a set on a tower to be able to evaluate the possibilities of accidental sliding/slippage. We have noticed that they are a snug fit on the freeway!
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-20-2002, 11:41 AM Reply   
Jim, thats cool and the racks look great.

However, the freeway is nothing compared smacking a roller hard or at the wrong angle.
Old    nvert            11-20-2002, 12:25 PM Reply   
Dane,

You've never seen me drive!

You know it was the same way with towers in the beginning...everyone was afraid of the liability as well as the monstrous looks. Boat manufacturers cringed at the thought of these big ugly towers fastened onto their beautiful ergonomocally designed hulls. Will it catch on??? Then EVERYBODY and their brother jumped on the bandwagon. Functionality and purpose won out over looks.

With Nvert Racks you can have it all...functionality, purpose, and looks.

Like it or not, eventually technology and ease of use will force everyone to go to a strapless system...Mastercraft is...Nvert...who's next???

Jim
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-20-2002, 12:56 PM Reply   
Yes, and Titan ADDED a safety feature to their tower recently. If things can fail, and kill when they fail, then it is nice to have that extra measure of protection.

Function is not just convenience, it is also safety. Form is way over rated but it is great when it comes without a loss in function (e.g. rear swoop towers (not forward swoop towers)).

BTW, why not have your racks have one center plate with two centered plunger plates. This would eliminate the forked look and the need for two sets of plunging brackets on each side.
Old    bigd            11-20-2002, 2:48 PM Reply   
I agree with dane. When I saw these racks the first thing I thought was that the need to have 1 clamp handle on top & bottom. I like the look but I think you'd get tired of clamping both ends all the time.
Old     (rideut)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-21-2002, 10:46 AM Reply   
Jim, how do you stop them from popping open? Please don't say 25 lb's of force. I have seen 2 towers break and they are made of aircraft aluminum. I also have had 2 board rack break and fly off the boat one of them is at the bottom of Lake Powell luckily no one was hurt.
Have you ever though of a lock maybe even something you could put a small pad lock through for over nights at the lake. "Keep honest people honest"
Don't get me wrong I like where you are going with this. I also think the same as Dane why have 2 clamps per side with 2 set of forks when you could only have one thick one with 2 clamps.
If I were in the market for racks I would definitely consider these.

My 1.00$'s worth
Old    jeep05            11-21-2002, 11:54 AM Reply   
dane,

Why dont you go debate with congress. Jesus nobody asked you to buy the damn racks. And yes titan added a safety feature, but you also pay double for that 1% extra protection. How freakin likely is a board gonna fly out and catch a passenger in the head. your more likely to fall over with a heart attack. Peace.
Old    ridinhigh            11-21-2002, 12:07 PM Reply   
Jaime,

I don't think you've passed the minimum number of posts required to go at it with dane. ;)

Myself, I would be a little concerned about boards popping out but hey there's a lot of things out there that work just fine that people probably didn't think would work. We all know if they don't work we will hear about it on this board so other people won't have to make the same mistake.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       11-21-2002, 5:41 PM Reply   
i really wouldn't trust those on 4-5 delta cruiser swells but i don't got ta worry about that since i got a pole
Old    nvert            11-21-2002, 9:18 PM Reply   
cant we all just be friends...

Hey you are all invited at one time or another to check em out....trust me they are killer..

late
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-21-2002, 10:05 PM Reply   
Jaime, umm, cool your jets bud.

Jim, did you consider a single center plunger plate instead of dual plunging feet?

Also, is there any concern with the durability of all of those small parts and the possibility of them getting caught up on binding laces and such?
Old     (lsvlance)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-22-2002, 6:49 AM Reply   
I just checked out the racks and I have a question.

Does the clamping device work somewhat like a pair of vice-grips? If so, is there an adjustment like vise grips have to adjust the clamping pressure to accomodate different board shapes and sizes. I see that different sizes of clamps are available, but am still a little confused regarding how they would adjust to different thicknesses or shapes.

I guess what I'm saying is I'd like to see a pic of the racks with a couple of boards in them.
Old    nvert            11-22-2002, 8:28 AM Reply   
That’s exactly how they work. The adjustability is in the spring. Monday we will add a pick section showing boards mounted in the rack. Thanks for the input.

Jim
Old    swass            11-22-2002, 8:46 AM Reply   
I like 'em. They're cheaper than my rather pedestrian Titan racks, too.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-22-2002, 11:15 AM Reply   
To tell you the truth. I like them too. Doesn't mean I can't pick at them.

Time will tell.
Old    atxwake            11-22-2002, 2:07 PM Reply   
this thread is on wakeboarder.com too, read it, its good, im not starting anything, just dont like people pushing a product by saying check these out-

http://www.wakeboarder.com/phorum/read.php?f=3&i=30025&t=29996

But that's my $.02
Old    nvert            11-22-2002, 2:34 PM Reply   
Come on Ryan, I couldn’t think of a better way to get an opinion on a product them to bring it to forum specifically visited by the people who use the product. We can design a product, but the fine-tuning comes from the input from riders like you.

Jim
Old    atxwake            11-22-2002, 2:40 PM Reply   
Jim,
I appreciate your sincerity. I totally agree with you that the public fine tunes a product, the product it self looks really good. I never once bashed on the rack, but would you buy something from a company that says (as quoted from wakeboarder.com),

"Well first off I have, I own a set, second off you have not, so i suggest you shush up until you know the facts"

I think not-
Old    sprucie            11-23-2002, 5:06 PM Reply   
Looks great. Jim is it 25lbs. per clamp, giving you 50lbs of clamping force each board?
Old     (south30)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-23-2002, 6:18 PM Reply   
hi all,
i started this post But i am not pushing these aat all, i was wandering if anybody had a set. thats all... I'm alway looking for some one to come out with somehting bigger and better, so these caught my eye..
do a search on my posts I've been around this board for some time now.....

peace

(Message edited by south30 on November 23, 2002)
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       11-24-2002, 5:59 AM Reply   
GWR -- I could have sworn that your original profile listed you as a new poster. And your profile does look kind of different than everyone else (grey?). Someone pointed it out and earlier, 'cause they noticed too. Did you make up your profile or what? What gives?
Old     (south30)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-24-2002, 9:50 AM Reply   
well matt,
are you saying that i am a lier, and just made up my profile in the last week, do a search on my user name.
I Quote-"Did you make up your profile or what? " the nice and simple answer is NO....
dave
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-24-2002, 7:48 PM Reply   
Matt, GWR's profile looks strange because the pic has been resized incorrectly. The actual pic is only part of the whole image, which is 1600x1200 so you get a lot of white space around it. His profile was created back in April.

Now Irene on the other hand, first and only post made the day she registered and she just happened to find this thread....what an amazing coincidence! Or to use her word, Revolutionary!

Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-24-2002, 7:57 PM Reply   
Hey GWR, what did they sell for on eBay and what were they listed under. I searched all auctions for the last 2 weeks and found lots of wakeboard racks but not these.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-24-2002, 8:24 PM Reply   
There is defintely something fishy with these two threads (WW and WB).

Lots of first posts out of the blue.
And, that wudwerk seems more like wudajerk.

I bet Jim, Wudwerk and Irene are friends.

Old    nvert            11-25-2002, 9:46 AM Reply   
Hello Bruce, sorry for the late response. That would be 25lb per clamp.
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-25-2002, 10:41 AM Reply   
Count me in on the conspiracy theory,

It’s too much of a coincidence that there were first time posters saying how great this new “revolutionary” rack is. Now it would be nearly impossible to prove Jim knew these users known as “wudwerk” and “Irene”. But I’m suspicious. I do enjoy manufacturers coming on to this thread for feedback. It gives us riders a chance to express ourselves. So I do applaud Jim for coming on.
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-25-2002, 2:30 PM Reply   
Conspiracy theories on a wakeboard message board, come on?! I have a set of these racks and they work better than any other racks I have ever used. I don't know who started these threads or their intention but when you got something this good, you have to spread the word. Until recently, I've only had one maunfacturers racks on my boat (the manufactures name starts with a letter very low in the Alphabet). All four bungee cords have broken at one point or another. It's the little metal clamps that make the cord loop at the end or attach to the rack itself that constantly break. I paid $330 a side for what has turned out to be an endless headache. On the flip side, to date, the Nvert racks have been flawless. If I ever have a probelem with them, I'll report back. In all honesty, they are pretty cool racks. Happy Turkey Day everyone. And, I might go to the Berryessa thing this weekend, wife permitting. If I do, you can see the racks there for your self.
Old     (south30)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-25-2002, 2:31 PM Reply   
Bill, i search through ebay all the time and i do it the same way every time. in the little search box i type "wakeboard" and about 6 pages comes up. and i go through them page by page. I'm getting to be sorry that i even started this thread. i thought i found somthing new and thought i would share it you all.

for the record i do not own these racks or know the maker personaly.
peace dave
Old    markb            11-26-2002, 6:03 AM Reply   
I saw the racks on ebay before this thread started too. Good thing I didn't post my findings...............Jeez!
Old    splais            11-26-2002, 7:01 AM Reply   
No kidding. A guy posts some info on a new product and all he gets is crap from people. I bet some of you still think Elvis is alive living in idaho with Mark Furmen or something like that. After reading this post, I'd never post anything about a new product. Who cares if he is or isn't afiliated with the company. It looks like a pretty good product. If you try it and don't like it, send it back. These kind of posts always appear around this time of year.
Old    bigd            11-26-2002, 9:02 AM Reply   
If you people are so against these racks then don't buy them. I get a laugh out of the folks who act like they somehow own this board and get all worked up when they are somehow offended. It's not like you are paying for the right to be here - anybody can sign up and post (even pinheads). I for one like to see info about new products here even if it's from (GASP!) the manufacturer. So what if somebody pretends to be joe average and posts a heads up. Even if he is the CEO of the company, is it really hurting you? Nobody is putting a gun to your head to look at or buy this product. Companies need exposure and the Internet is a great way to get it. If you are so against that then go watch TV - you're not being mislead there at all...
Old    atxwake            11-26-2002, 9:14 AM Reply   
This is straight from the posting guidelines page

"Businesses are encouraged to participate but should not use this forum for advertising purposes."

And I know that every user that signs up, must accept the posting guidelines.

No I dont own this board, and I did not pay money to use this board...
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-26-2002, 9:41 AM Reply   
i made the comment early that there were lots of 1 time posters. it was an observation, read or ignore it, i don't care.

but...."So what if somebody pretends to be joe average and posts a heads up. Even if he is the CEO of the company, is it really hurting you?"....that's called deceptive sales practices and i usually chose to not do business with deceptive people. you can do what you want, obviously. what else will they be deceptive about....the warranty? the quality?

caveat emptor, let the buyer beware.

i'm not saying nvert is using deceptive sales practices. but there are better ways to announce a product...perhaps nvert could write-up a product release announcement and submit it? that might get things a bit more above the board than they seem to appear now.

Jim at nvert has already admitted something..."Come on Ryan, I couldn’t think of a better way to get an opinion on a product them to bring it to forum ..."
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-26-2002, 9:54 AM Reply   
How come Irene hasn't made any more posts?
And while your add it fill out a profile.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-26-2002, 10:02 AM Reply   
It is a fine line. We don't allow advertising on this forum. Therefore, occasionally a company will either pose as John Doe and post something or they will give their customers incentives to pump them up here. There are companies that are so blatant with it that I immediately delete any "out of the blue" references to them.

Usually, what I look for are posters that just signed up and made their "anonymous promotion" their first post. That's a big red flag. Another big red flag is when they quote sales material, as a post did previously on this thread, which I've since deleted. Finally, a poster without a profile, doesn't help credibility. I'm not accusing Jim or anybody of being guilty of this. I really don't see a problem with the thread that started this post. It's not an exact science, but we do what we can to provide an ad-free environment.

There is nothing better for this forum than manufacturers coming on here and talking about their products (and hopefully other stuff as well) when users have questions about them. I think we have several good examples of responsible company reps that do so. However, we have to draw the line at manufacturers starting threads just for the sake of promotion.

Obviously, if we allowed this kind of thing, the message board would be quickly infiltrated with "junk mail" and would lose its usefulness.
Old    bigd            11-26-2002, 10:04 AM Reply   
Well Salty,

I'll bet my last dollar against yours that you do business with companies every day that engage in deceptive trade practices. Again I laugh at the selective umbrage you guys trot out here...
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-26-2002, 2:32 PM Reply   
umbrage, ok, i'll look that up later

i bet you're right, but that doesn't mean i want to.

Old     (rkg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-27-2002, 7:19 AM Reply   
You guys are quick to call people out here. Skeptism is good (seems Maz'z comments were directed at questioning the product, not the people), but you guys are calling people deceptive and liars that you do not even know and base your judgements of a handful of paragraphs. Seems a bit extreme. You lump Jim in with Irene and wudwerk? Maybe those two are fishy, but I do not see where Jim or his company has acted dishonorably. Seems Aaron Nielsons and Miggity Matts storys match up from the different boards (Neilson referes to riding in an MAstercraft with the reacks and MAtt just happens to have one). Not sure if they rode together, but it seems that way. Why not give the benefit of doubt to these guys and see what they can do?

And no, I am not a first time poster, nor do I know these guys. If they can get one in the shops here though, I would probably give them a look to see if I like them before putting them down.

Innocent till proven guilty, ring a bell?
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       12-01-2002, 11:40 AM Reply   
Keith,

Thanks for the comments. You are correct in that I had Aaron on my boat that day. He's a friend of mine. Just for the record, I have no (that's ZERO) affiliation with Nvert Sports other than I picked up a set of their racks. I thought they were cool and I went for it. Mostly, because the straps on my old racks keep breaking. Just to set the record straight, I included footage of the racks in my latest video. See link.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=5525

Hope all is well.

Matt
Old    norcal_99            12-01-2002, 3:55 PM Reply   
My friend Mark just got a set of these and had them sitting on his kitchen table. Last night on my way back from the Berryessa Thanksgiving trip, I was over his house, I clamped a wakeboard in just one of them and shook it upside down to see how good the board would stay in and it didn't slide at all. I was impressed, but it would be nice to have one bar that clamps both clamps at the same time. Maybe that can be next years model.

FYI All, I too know Matt and Aaron I just haven't been on Matt's boat since he had the new racks.

Jim from Nvert if you send me a set for my X-Star I'll model them in San Jose and the delta for you. I'm riding just about every weekend.

Rene

Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       12-01-2002, 9:44 PM Reply   
Went out with Matt on his X and had all our boards in the new racks, have to say they worked out very well.The boards did not move around or slap together at all. They also look very trick on the tower.Also, a big thank you to Matt for a great day, heres looking at you Poppa Smurf :-). Tower box is in the works.
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       12-01-2002, 10:16 PM Reply   
Charles, LOL!!!! I was hoping the Papa Smurf name wouldn't stick. Have a great day. Very much looking forward to the box. What I saw in the back of your truck was nothing less than P-H-A-T!!!
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-03-2002, 11:50 AM Reply   
Do these racks chatter if there is not a board in the rack?
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       12-03-2002, 12:54 PM Reply   
I can honestly say that I have not noticed any "chatter" or rattling of any kind while there is no board in the rack. Although, we usually have the music up rather loud. Good question, I'll check for it the next time I hit the water. Which should be Saturday. One thing I can say definitievely is that when there are two boards in the Nvert rack, there is zero board on board rattle which is very much the case with my other (non-Nvert) racks.
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       12-03-2002, 9:22 PM Reply   
I was in Matt's crew last Saturday and he had the racks in. I have seen and been in many other boats with other rack brands. I have the Pro-flight last year's racks. They have the bungee with the clip to hold the boards. Everything postitive that has been said about these racks is 100% true. There is no rattle, no shake, no movement, no banging of the boards at all. These racks hold your boards in still. I was very impressed. Another thing I really liked is how quickly they release open and to close. The thing I notice on my board racks I have now is that it is sometimes difficult to pull the boards out, which causes some pressure to pull, thus jacking your back up. The quick release feature made it so easy to get in and out. They look good on the boat too, I think they are really clean looking. I like the stainless steel. Well that is my input of the Nvert racks. I look forward to getting a set soon.
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       12-09-2002, 9:34 AM Reply   
Just FYI, I didn't notice any chatter at all when there is no board in the rack.