Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (sscott0203)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-27-2008, 8:39 AM Reply   
My set-up is in a 05 mobius lsv. The problems i have are:
1. Everything works when key is off and key is turned forward. Music sounds great. When i start the boat everything is powered on, no sound though unless i turn the eq and headunit all the way up you can hear it a little bit, but it sounds bad.

2. Move wakeplate up or down horrible popping noise through all speakers.

Setup is
Kenwood cd player Factory in 07 lsv
Clarion 7 band eq
kicker zx350.4
6 polk db651

Power,remote, and ground for eq coming straight of the headunit.I dont know where to ever start with this problem
Old     (my_malibu)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-27-2008, 8:58 AM Reply   
1 where do you have the remote for the deck hooked up?? with the key off should have no power all off
are you running two batteries???

2. popping noise is a ground issue
run a new ground to the same battery that the amp is on also check your rca lines routing, etc.
would suggest you attach a ground wire to the outer case of the rca's going to the eq
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-27-2008, 9:52 AM Reply   
FYI on my outbackV the Key has nothing to do with the stereo. My key only has off and run no ACC. The stereo is hooked up to its own rocker switch. You don't need the key to play the stereo
Old     (sscott0203)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-27-2008, 10:09 AM Reply   
Power for the deck in using the factorys setup so i didnt mess with that. So to confuse everyone about the key, but yes there is a rocker switch. So Everything works when i have the rocker switch on and motor off. As soon as i start the motor headunit,eq,and amp are powered up but no sound unless you turn eq and headunit to max volume and you can hear it just a little bit.

Only running 1 battery. I have the amp grounded to the battery.
Old     (sscott0203)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-27-2008, 10:53 AM Reply   
also yesterday was the first time i took it out this year and one time all the sudden the music did start playing all the sudden for 4 min and then stopped. I think its something with the rca if the HU,EQ,and amp are all powered on and my ipod wont play anything as well. I dont know why it would work with the motor off though
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-27-2008, 11:01 AM Reply   
Sounds like bad connections to me. Check all your grounds, then battery connections, etc.. until you reach the deck.