Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 01, 2004

Old    cwb123            03-21-2004, 10:04 AM Reply   
i am thinking about getting a pp wkbd edition for my new boat but am having a dilema. do most boats maintane speed well enough that it is not necessary to have a perfect pass, or should i drop the extra grand and buy one

thnx
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-21-2004, 10:13 AM Reply   
maintaining speed doesn't become a MAJOR issue until you start adding weight. Eventually you're going to want to add weight so do yourself and drop a grand now, rather than later. PP makes life easier.
Old    tommyadrian5            03-21-2004, 11:03 AM Reply   
i got mine for $850 off ebay brand new, but be careful they are the 5" guage size

Thane, be careful, ZACK might be lurking...
Old    samcdog            03-21-2004, 1:41 PM Reply   
The ole PP question again.

YES IT IS WORTH EVERY CENT.

Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-21-2004, 10:33 PM Reply   
You might learn how to control the speed, but what happens when it is time for you to get a pull? Perfect Pass is the best option for a wakeboard boat.

The Perfect Pass will allow anyone to give you as good of a pull as you give them. Perfect Pass has saved many relationships. No more yelling faster, slower, while your honey goes from 13 to 30...
Old     (magnusm)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-21-2004, 11:43 PM Reply   
Worth the grand easy. No more yelling at someone for not keeping the speed right when you are getting a pull (definite marriage saver here). Plus keeps the speed constant no matter what the current, wind etc. is doing. Without PP I was maybe getting 50% of my time riding actually at the speed I like, now it's a no brainer. I'd never buy another boat without it now that I've had it.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-22-2004, 6:49 AM Reply   
Magnus is correct. Maybe when you are with some experienced drivers you may not need it, but my wife (bless her heart) has a hard enough time driving a straight line, let alone worrying about the speed. She's learned to use it and is one of my most preferred drivers now.
Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-22-2004, 9:28 AM Reply   
Aggreance all around..PP is the answer to smooth consistant pulls no matter who is driving..
Great tool to enusre a quality consistant pull every time! You are buying the boat you may as well ensure you can use it to the full advantage...
now the only stress you have is makeing sure who ever is driving won't "swamp" a wave over the open bow when they turn around to pick you up after a fall..
Old    diamondjax23            03-23-2004, 11:13 AM Reply   
where did you look on ebay to find perfect pass?
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-23-2004, 4:03 PM Reply   
If you dont get it you will regret it big time. It is a pain in the $$s to keep adjusting the speed all the time. I bought my boat without it (too cheap) and wished I had dropped the extra grand once I drove a boat with it. Eventually I bought it and installed it myself. Ill never buy another boat wihout it.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       03-23-2004, 7:29 PM Reply   
Get it, you will wonder how you got along before without it. Again it comes down to when it's your turn to ride and the driver pulls every 3rd to 4th person. Obviously they won't have the practice you have. Plus it's safer, you set the speed and concentrate where your going instead of staring at the gauges.
Old    ag4ever            03-24-2004, 6:59 AM Reply   
If you have it you can spend your time playing with the radio instead of the throttle. I love mine, and eventhough you can do the same ting without it by paying attention to the speed, it is just more fun not worring about the speed, and watching the boarder more.