Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-12-2009, 9:47 AM Reply   
I have a Supra 24SSV with the big bags. They fill perfectly fine; however, sometimes flipping on "Empty" won't work on the starboard/port aft bags. It's usually just one of them, and if I get in the water and put even slight suction on the empty-hole for whatever bag is locked up it will start to empty. What would cause it to not start emptying automatically and require suction to get going? The front bag never has a problem. Any ideas?
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-12-2009, 10:01 AM Reply   
I have a similar problem with my center ballast. To be sure and not wreck the pump impeller, I just open my center locker & step on the bag when turning on the empty switch.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-12-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
The pump just needs a bit of priming...either put it on plane, or step on the beg and then hit the empty switch.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-12-2009, 4:25 PM Reply   
Another problem I had with the 750's is the line was kinking. I changed out the stock drain line with 3/4" no-kink line and I have had zero problems with draining. Before this I would have to step on my bags to force the water out sometimes because of the kinks.

The stock black line Supra uses kinks easily, the 3/4" no-kink is basically impossible to kink. When I removed my old drain line I was surprised how indented the line was from being kinked over and over.

You can pick up this line from www.wakemakers.com for about $1.60/ft.
Old     (jasonwm)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-12-2009, 10:09 PM Reply   
Give us a ring and we can't get outline everything you need to fix this problem.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-13-2009, 8:04 AM Reply   
Andy,

If your boat is '08/older your pump is an aerator style and does not have an impeller. You wont damage the pump running it dry like an impeller style pump. Not that you should run it dry for the heck of it, but you can leave it on while the boat is on plain to empty out the sacks.
Old     (jasonwm)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-13-2009, 9:13 AM Reply   
Aerator pumps do have an impeller, but it's just of a different design than the type used on reversible pumps, so it's not susceptible to damage from lack of lubrication.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-13-2009, 5:16 PM Reply   
Thanks guys, going to check for kinks and see if stepping on the bag helps tomorrow.