Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-13-2011, 11:30 AM Reply   
Who has the best method? Both equipment and cleaner. I've heard the spot bot is good. Coming off a bachelor party and the carpet needs some tlc. Sugesstions?
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-13-2011, 12:26 PM Reply   
i was told to pressure wash mine, I'm gonna give it a try this week and let you know how it turns out.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-13-2011, 12:27 PM Reply   
(its a snap out carpet)
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       06-13-2011, 12:30 PM Reply   
The Bissel little green pro heat works good for me
http://www.amazon.com/Bissell-Little.../dp/B000069K6U
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-13-2011, 1:59 PM Reply   
Do you just use the bissel cleaning solution? Or is there something better you use? I don't have snap out....
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-13-2011, 2:09 PM Reply   
I use my pressure washer several times a year and it does a great job. Unless you have a stubborn stain I wouldn't bother with using detergent as it's a pain to rinse out. The high pressure water generally does a great job and makes the carpet look new again. Just be careful if you're barefoot while pressure washing anything. I discovered the hard way that high pressure water will rip through the skin on the top of your foot like a hot knife through butter.
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-13-2011, 2:15 PM Reply   
I have the same problem after some good weekends, the boat starts to stink really bad. I never really wanted to get my pressure washer in my boat like a lot of people recommend, so the next best method I found is to use a water hose, vacuum(I use an old carpet cleaner) to suck water and a scrub brush.

I wet all the carpet down with the hose and use the scrub brush and some kind of cleaner to scrub the carpet. I then suck up all the water and repeated this cycle until I get tired. I've done it for hours and have yet to get the water I suck out of the carpet to be totally clean. I even use some fabric softener in a couple of the last cycles to try and get the carpet smelling good.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-13-2011, 2:51 PM Reply   
Bissell little green clean maching works awesome. I use oxyclean and as hot of water as I can get for my solution.
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       06-13-2011, 4:16 PM Reply   
I use the bissel cleaning solution it came with. Makes the boat smell better too