Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-10-2006, 8:55 AM Reply   
Here are some pics from the Anaheim boat show of the new tower design. The racks swivel with the turn of a knob. The tower is missing the tower lights, other than that I believe it is complete. Enjoy!!!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-10-2006, 8:57 AM Reply   
more pics,

Upload
One of the wake
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       04-10-2006, 8:59 AM Reply   
Looks pretty good I like the tower. That graphic is HUGE!
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-10-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
Dang. Woulda been nice to get down there to check it up. The new tower is 200% better. Looks like if the board rack swivel deals unfasten, the tower may fold down pretty flat, too (look at the pivot on the forward tubing).

Interior looks sweet. I know the dark colors are stylie and all, but just can't imagine how hot that sucka would be in July. How easy is it to clean melted skin from the vinyl?

Dash looks sweet, swim step & transom audio look sweet.

Nice!
Old     (gehennaengine)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-10-2006, 9:10 AM Reply   
Looks good, Cody! Can't wait to ride behind one this summer. That tower is 100% better looking than the Titan.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-10-2006, 9:18 AM Reply   
It's looking good! I hope there able to make it and give the big 3 a run for their money.

Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-10-2006, 9:33 AM Reply   
I agree the tower gives this boat new life. The design of the tower is great too. It collapses using one person in about 30 seconds. Just pull the pin on the sides and they switchblade in... very easy concept
Old    josh12            04-10-2006, 9:40 AM Reply   
thats the boat i saw going through central point Oregon

Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-10-2006, 9:41 AM Reply   
I see an Epic in my future
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-10-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
Very nice. And, the 21' epic will likely be on the top of my new boat list!
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-10-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
Do you like your buns toasted?

Yeah the interior will be a hot one, but it looks awesome at shows. It will make someone very happy in a not so warm state :-)

The tower is just awesome, it works great and looks great as well. And having it up on that spining lift was pretty darn cool.

And the 21' is coming(probaly in late July now as the new molds for the 23vt and 23v have taken a lot longer that expected, just like every other thing it seems....)

It is going to be a fun summer, hope to see you on the lake...:-)
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-10-2006, 12:33 PM Reply   
Chris,

23vt?

What is this that you speak of?
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       04-10-2006, 1:02 PM Reply   
I saw a shady pic in the new wakeboarding mag a few days ago. I knew someone here on WW would have some better pics up quickly. I have to say that tower looks awesome on that boat, and completely changes the look.

-Steve
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       04-10-2006, 1:14 PM Reply   
What is this 23vt you speak of?
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-10-2006, 1:25 PM Reply   
Isn't it interesting how the TOWER makes such a statement about a boat. I think it really hurt BU to not have a flagship tower until now. Only now, their flagship tower is a bit divisive. I prefer a good hardy traditional functional tower. Chris, that new tower gets a thumbs up from me!
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-10-2006, 1:25 PM Reply   
That makes all the difference in the world. Nice Job EPIC!
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-10-2006, 1:37 PM Reply   
I'm sorry, but in my opinion the tower does not look good. I specifically don't like the straight line of the main bar which runs the entire length. The billet-cut supports are pretty cool. But, personally I prefer a swoop over an enhanced monkey-bar. I'd also like to know how much abuse the swivel racks will live through.
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-10-2006, 2:02 PM Reply   
Hmmm, the 23vt - Team Edition :-) It will have even more goodies... I wont let the cat out until we have finalized it but it will be bit different\cooler\more functional for those that use their boat more than 4 times a week. Still lots to do just finalizing the regular 23v and we don't want to get ahead of ourselves but as soon as I have info I will certainly pass it on.

And thank for the props on the tower. The guys a Sampson did us right :-) The tower works great which is our main concern but to have it look awesome too is a BIG plus.

And how about that swim grid :-) Those pads came out really nice and have great traction but are still cushy and tear resistant.
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-10-2006, 2:06 PM Reply   
Opps, missed your post Bruce... This tower won't be for everyone, no will this boat. There were a lot of people that really liked the simple look of the Titan, but I think this is a BIG step up in the looks and functionality department. The swivel racks do not use bearings so the should last a really long time. They slide on a collar and lock into place with a pin. I can't imagine a more simple or functional design(and believe me when I say "I've thought about it")
Old     (tjdunn)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-10-2006, 2:26 PM Reply   
Very nice Boat! I to really like the tower. I like the way it follows the window and the main bar goes straight up. Good job! Tom lives close to me so if a Epic is in his future than a ride is in mine!!
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-10-2006, 2:44 PM Reply   
i like everything but i cannot see past the square front. i would rather have the ugly (in my opinion) MC picklefork front end than a sqaure one. other than that the boat looks very clean and that graphic looks great.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-10-2006, 5:26 PM Reply   
Hey Chris I know you are targeting riders and I see a potential glitch involving your board racks and tower... What about running two sets of racks? You may want to address (or maybe you already have?) this issue. I know with the many surf and wakeskates now, 4 racks is almost manditory for a frequent set of riders. You could probably get away with adding a conversion type rack clamp for standard racks to clamp down above the swivel racks.

Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-10-2006, 5:27 PM Reply   
P.S., the boat looks bangin otherwise. Keep us informed when you bring that bad boy to the norcal delta. I WANT A PULL!

Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-10-2006, 10:40 PM Reply   
Hmm,

Some like the blunt nose some hate it. In any case it helps separate us from the pack a bit...When you see a flat nose you know it is an Epic :-)

And as for the racks, one great thing about this beast is that you can fit four board WITH BINDINGS in each of the two rear storage compartments. Yes, that is 8 extra boards you can store back there, not to mention the two you can cram under the passenger rear facing seat :-) Sooo, with all the ballast hidden and soo much storage we have thought the extra racks to be a non-issue...
Old     (texas_zach)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-10-2006, 10:57 PM Reply   
It seems to me that the new tower looks very similar to the new Tige towers. I happen to like the Tige towers, so I think it looks good. However, many people on here don't like the look of the Tige tower.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-11-2006, 7:01 AM Reply   
Chris,

Could I convince you to "shrink" the new model to a 20 footer? It seems to me that there is a market for an upmarket v-drive for the private and small inland lakes. I know on our lake the choices are only the new x2 and tige 20v. Malibu and MC have direct drive models under 20 with towers, and I am not sure why Nautique abandoned it. Anyway, that's my plea...boat looks good!
Old     (tjdunn)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-11-2006, 7:25 AM Reply   
Zach, My thoughts exactly. I actually held a picture up to look at them both at the same time! But I think My Tige' tower looks great! There are a lot of really nice ones out there as well. The Epic looks great! Why do so many threads get compared to the Tige'?? hmmmmm
I don't read any of us Tige' guys picking on anyone!
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-11-2006, 9:11 AM Reply   
IMO, until now, Tige has had ever changing ugly funky towers. Thats a slap at the past and a compliment towards the future.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-11-2006, 11:42 AM Reply   
Eric , doesn't supra also make a 20 foot v-drive?
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-11-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
Adam...nope. It's over twenty feet, but only by a little. 3 inches I think, but it does make a difference to the POA. There are a few of the Supra DD from last year, but I think they discontinued that model for the 06's.

Eric
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-11-2006, 12:39 PM Reply   
Session will have a 20 foot V -drive available in about 6 weeks. Traditional wrap around seating, PCM engine, Tower, ballast, and Perfect Pass all standard. MSRP $34,999
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       04-11-2006, 12:53 PM Reply   
That sounds like a pretty good starting point price for a wakeboard boat. I have heard the big session put out a great wake as well. Does anyone have any pictures of the Session 20
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-11-2006, 12:59 PM Reply   
I knew I had seen that tower before:

http://www.boattraderonline.com/addetail.html?83105379

Still looks nice though...just not so unique.
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-11-2006, 5:07 PM Reply   
I hate to keep hijacking my own thread, but...
Jon, the 20 isn't released yet they are working out the final bugs before it is put into full production. It is available to order and looking about 6 weeks out(I think). Therefore I don't think there are really any pics. As soon as I get some though I'll post them up.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-12-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
The show was my first experience with Session and I have to say I was impressed. All the innovative ideas were pretty cool and the new tower did look sweet. The only beef I had was the fact that the boats don't seem to come out smooth from the molds, there was a crazy amount of ripples on the top deck. I definately think they are heading the right direction and I can't wait to see the product in a couple of years when they perhaps get the processes nailed!
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-12-2006, 12:14 PM Reply   
tige should have put that tower on all their boats instead of the ugly one they went with.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-12-2006, 1:19 PM Reply   
Wasn't session the company with the really obnoxious sales guy that used to troll here? It is interesting to hear Heavy say it had a good wake and some innovative ideas. Used to be mainly just a lot of bashing when session was brought up.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-12-2006, 2:24 PM Reply   
Tony,

I see you just registered last month. Being somewhat of an 'old timer' here, I would be sure to let you know that there are plenty of non-believers when it comes to Tiges. I personally have been very pleased with my boat. If you boast enough, bashers will come out readily. Hijack over.

I think that new EPIC is outstanding. The Samson tower is very nice. I hope someone in my neck of the woods gets one!
Old     (tjdunn)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-12-2006, 2:59 PM Reply   
Thank you talltigeguy. I paid the Epic a nice compliment!! I love all Boats. No bashing on my part! They can bash me all they want and I will just smile I know what I got!!
Old    bocephus            04-12-2006, 3:45 PM Reply   
I don't think Session is going get refined any time in the near future as far as the molding process goes, Session is a part of Regal Boats. Which has been around for a while, I think the thier process has pretty much been nailed down already.
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-12-2006, 8:16 PM Reply   
Session used to be part of Regal Boats but they branched off this year and are doing their own thing. The hulls are no longer being made at the Regal factory, I believe they are done at the same place correct crafts are done. If there are any problems with the session molds (All that I have seen have been nearly flawless) I'm sure they will nail it down quickly if it hasn't already been fixed.