Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (turkish1)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-12-2008, 10:37 AM Reply   
I would like some input on a new head unit for my boat. I want one that has the ability to plug my Ipod directly into it and has a remote pad to control the unit because it will be mounted in my glove box. I will be running wetsounds pro 80's on the tower and 4 wetsounds 650's and 1 12" sub inside the boat. I plan on using the wetsounds eq and my existing amps.
Old     (millerda31)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-12-2008, 12:01 PM Reply   
I have this one in my boat. Works very well with IPOD. Displays album artwork in a small screen on the unit. The head unit is mounted in my dash and the connection for the IPOD is wired into the glovebox.

Upload

Alpine is also releasing a wired remote but I don't think it's in the stores yet.

Upload

Any Alpine reps reading this? When is the MC-1 going to be available?
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-12-2008, 4:45 PM Reply   
If that Alpine remote displayed song info I might drop my Clarion and go with the Alpine. I have heard the Alpine gear is a bit sensitive to the marine abuse.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-12-2008, 5:29 PM Reply   
If that Alpine remote displayed song info I might drop my Clarion and go with the Alpine. I have heard the Alpine gear is a bit sensitive to the marine abuse.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-12-2008, 5:51 PM Reply   
i heard the mc 1 is coming in may. the marine i dax deck is white. its a sick looking deck.
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-13-2008, 12:42 PM Reply   
the output of the i-pod only decks seems to be a little flat compared to their regular line up. not sure why considering the d/a converter is supposed to be better. I took mine out right away due to that. All other functions work great , maybe the one i had was a fluke
Old     (millerda31)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-13-2008, 1:01 PM Reply   
Here is a look at the new Alpine marine lineup.

Upload
Old     (turkish1)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-13-2008, 5:19 PM Reply   
Is it available yet? I am interested.