Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-10-2008, 9:30 PM Reply   
Took the new boat out for its maiden voyage today around disco bay, had some minor issues and need some info so here goes....

So my vdrive oil light comes on and off intermittently when cruising the sanger. The oil in the walter vdrive is right between the hash marks, the tranny fluid is full also, as is the oil in the motor.

My guess is the level sender is bad?? anyone dealt with this before?

Also I noticed when my fuel tank is full when towing and on the brakes a crap load of gas comes out the breather tube up on the port side breather thru the side of the hull. I figure this can't be very good for the gelcoat and trailer paint, any suggestions other than not giving the extra squeezes on the pump?

Next we have the battery that grows so much corrosion in so little time that for a while she wouldn't start out on the water until I scraped the corrosion off the positive terminal, I think I'll toss that battery , got another one in the garage, but that did cause a slight oh crap feeling todays as we drifted in one of the bays dead in the water, worked fine after a scraping

all in all a fun afternoon on the delta, no riding just cruisin with wife and dog, good times I can't wait for summer!
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-10-2008, 9:33 PM Reply   
is the oil light coming on and off under say 1200 rpm?or at all times under throttle and so on?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-10-2008, 10:10 PM Reply   
Put some vaseline on the terminals and clamps. That will stop much of the corrosion. Put it on, then clamp it together so the air spaces around the contact get filled.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-10-2008, 10:58 PM Reply   
Congrats on the new boat, Chili. But you should read your manual a bit. The vdrive light coming on under 1200 rpms is normal. If it stays on after that, you have a problem.
Also the tank overflowing when it's full is a known problem in almost all boats. There is a fix but I have no clue why manufacturers don't install it. Basically you install a long hose to the overflow & make it go way low, then back up to the vent.
Or just don't top it off. Works for me.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-10-2008, 11:36 PM Reply   
How did the stereo sound?
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-11-2008, 9:55 AM Reply   
For the gas issue install a Racor LG50 and it'll relieve the problem.
Old    mendo247            02-11-2008, 10:17 AM Reply   
Definetly purchasing one of those LG50's tonight. Searched and found an article on another forum with a how to install.
Old    stillstandin            02-11-2008, 10:21 AM Reply   
X2 on the v-drive light. I called the dealer from the water on my maiden voyage. Completely normal...
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-11-2008, 10:27 AM Reply   
Mendo247,

I wonder which site that is?

(Message edited by malibudude on February 11, 2008)
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-11-2008, 10:40 AM Reply   
Looks like Overtons wants $99 for that LG50. Best price I found is on SkiDim for $69.
Old    mendo247            02-11-2008, 10:40 AM Reply   
hahahaha figured youd catch onto that
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-11-2008, 1:34 PM Reply   
Cool thanks for the info, i can't remember if the lights only on under 1200, I'll have to check it next time, usually i would just flip open the stereo cover then i couldn't see the light anymore, thats how I roll...

NewJhoser the stereo sounded good other than my 1 blown speaker, the electrical tape didn't hold on the tear!!!

Also when the sub was pounding it was making my dash guages vibrate alot, so much i was afraid that it was going to crack the guage bezel, anyone have this issue?? do I need to create more ways for the air to escape/move under the drivers dash, or just deal with vibrating guages, maybe turn down my amp???
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-11-2008, 1:47 PM Reply   
Is the fuel-dump issue common on Sangers?

I only ask becuase I had the same problem on my Pro-V, and got mixed stories on the best fix. I pulled the floor up and was all prepared to move the vent line when I discovered that there was a check-valve (similar to LG50) installed at the factory...but it was incorrectly oriented by the factory so that it couldn't do it's job.

I know that some boat models don't have the check valve in the vent as standard equipment, but some do. The wrong install is an easy mistake to make so it might be worth a look before you order a check valve.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-11-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
Congrats on the boat Chili Dog.

I'll third the v-drive light. On my V-210 it flickers until we really get underway.

I'll second the vasaline trick on the battery terminals. You may have to do this a couple of times a year.

Lastly, I'm able to top off my tank and never have the overflow problem.

Have fun with the boat!
Old    Ben Kerran            02-11-2008, 9:22 PM Reply   
"Also when the sub was pounding it was making my dash guages vibrate alot, so much i was afraid that it was going to crack the guage bezel, anyone have this issue?? do I need to create more ways for the air to escape/move under the drivers dash, or just deal with vibrating guages, maybe turn down my amp???"

Turn the amp down, NO WAY! That goes against everything I have ever been taught. Just Kidding Chillidog. Congrats on the new boat. Post some pics