Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (rascal23)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-19-2005, 10:50 AM Reply   
Looking for Christian riders in the Bay Area to ride with.
Old    murrayair            05-19-2005, 11:12 AM Reply   
Try posting in the "Find a third/Be a third" forum.
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-19-2005, 11:21 AM Reply   
So this means no hews on your boat?

Gotta love bigotry in wakeboarding.

(Message edited by whit on May 19, 2005)
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       05-19-2005, 11:25 AM Reply   
Oh no he didn't. Did he? I think he did.
Old    team909            05-19-2005, 11:36 AM Reply   
yeah what kind of christian are you? prolly the typical kind!!
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-19-2005, 11:40 AM Reply   
cut the dude some slack. he prolly just wants to ride with some people that have the same interest and beliefs as him. being straight-laced isnt a bad thing.

but ya, also try posting in the "Find a third/Be a third" forum. good luck.
Old    team909            05-19-2005, 11:44 AM Reply   
im not bashing him but it seems kinda odd? -toolfan-
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-19-2005, 11:49 AM Reply   
not really.
Old    deltahoosier            05-19-2005, 11:56 AM Reply   
What is so odd about it? What is a typical kind of Christian? What is bigoted about it? Sounds more like bigotry of you towards him than him toward you. He asked a simple question and you just unload the hate. What if he came on and asked if their were any brothers that ride that he could hang with? Would that make him a racist?
Old    air_sv211            05-19-2005, 12:25 PM Reply   
Whats a hew?
Old     (rkg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-19-2005, 12:27 PM Reply   
If he said he was looking for Islamic riders to hang with, is he still bigoted?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-19-2005, 12:30 PM Reply   
I think he meant a JEW.Like a jewish person
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-19-2005, 12:32 PM Reply   
excellent post, rod.
Old    air_sv211            05-19-2005, 12:46 PM Reply   
Big Ed I know what he ment, I was just pulling his chain.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-19-2005, 12:57 PM Reply   
hey greg, if you ever make it to idaho, you are always welcome on our boat...
and that also goes for anyone else on here.

(Message edited by h20jnky on May 19, 2005)
Old     (piranha)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-19-2005, 1:29 PM Reply   
Can we listen to Ozzy on the boat?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-19-2005, 1:33 PM Reply   
Ozzy? not Slayer?

j/k
Old     (msasser)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-19-2005, 2:40 PM Reply   
i love threads
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-19-2005, 3:28 PM Reply   
Greg, if I lived closer I would ride with ya Brother.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-19-2005, 3:28 PM Reply   

quote:

What if he came on and asked if their were any brothers that ride that he could hang with? Would that make him a racist?

reverse that and see how well it goes over ("looking for white anglo riders in the bay area to ride with"). that would certianly smack of racism (it would also be redundant for the most part).

i would disagree that it's not an odd request. why is someone who's wakeboarding so concerned with whether or not the folks he or she is riding with are christian? i'd be more concerned with whether they're respectful and safe and have stoke for the sport.

i think it's odd that anyone of any religious persuasion would want to make everything they do only inclusive of others of their faith.
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-19-2005, 3:54 PM Reply   
What the F?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-19-2005, 4:01 PM Reply   
Maybe religion is an important part of his life and he is looking to meet people with that kind of stoke.
Old    mia            05-19-2005, 4:06 PM Reply   
kinda have to agree with jrod..
Old    wakeskirider            05-19-2005, 4:24 PM Reply   
Maybe he is going to start a Sunday morning dawn crew that includes prayer.
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-19-2005, 4:26 PM Reply   
What would JC do?
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       05-19-2005, 5:05 PM Reply   
man, there for a second i had to check which website i was on, for some reason i got the impression i mistakingly logged onto the "OTHER" site. cut the guy some slack. he just wants to hang with people that share his same beliefs. dont bash someone because of their faith. it shows your lack of character. btw i am not a christian, i just dont like to see this kind of intolerant
Old     (tripleup)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-19-2005, 5:38 PM Reply   
He probobly just doesnt want to ride with a bunch of idiots who would rather beach the boat, smoke weed and drink beer all day.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-19-2005, 5:44 PM Reply   
I hate posts like this. It's stereo typing in a way, and yet there's as many Christian people that partake in the evils of the world as the rest of us. Why don't you just try riding with people? You meet them and decide if they're good people or not and then you can choose to ride with them or not in the future.

If you keep living in a box you'll never experience what this world and the people in it have to offer.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-19-2005, 5:45 PM Reply   
chuck - isn't he being intolerant of non-christian riders by his query? at least those questioning his post certainly aren't any more intolerant.

alex - so non-christians are beer-guzzling, weed-tokin' idiots? :-)

Old    clubjoeskier            05-19-2005, 5:50 PM Reply   
Maybe everyone just got annoyed because they perceived non-Christian folks are "unacceptable" to Greg, who's beliefs include ministering to the flock....

If he feels the need to run with a specific religious group exclusively, it's his business. Unfortunately he's gonna miss out on meeting many great people.

Even JC hung out with the Devil a couple of times. He just wouldn't give up his faith.....
Old     (tripleup)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-19-2005, 5:53 PM Reply   
I would say that most of the Ricky G. wanna be dumba@#es probably dont go to church on Sunday. My point is that this guy probably is looking for some people that like to have a good time sober.
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-19-2005, 6:23 PM Reply   
Hey Greg

I am a christian and im in fremont! IF you are ever at pedro or melones or calero hit me a pm! we could chill!

Later-
Zach
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       05-19-2005, 7:00 PM Reply   
stack - what's wrong with his post??? so he wants to hang with fellow christians, is that wrong of him? i dont like riding with people under 21 because i usually have a few beers on the boat but mainly i dont have much in common with people that much younger than me. is there something wrong with that? what if i posted looking for democrats/republicans to ride with? or albino satanic pigmy firefighters? or what about girls that have "just girls" day on the lake? is that wrong? why should anyone care? after all its greg's boat. i think there is a very serious problem in our country with people worried about being politically correct. people are just to sensitive now days. no matter what you say, you will offend someone. btw, look for my post in the future for communist carnies to ride with.

Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-19-2005, 7:38 PM Reply   
actually i didn't think there was anything wrong with his post. i just don't think it's a particularly healthy outlook. most of my comments were aimed at posts like yours - ones that accuse people that question him, of being intolerant.

what you seem to be saying is if someone says they want to only ride with a certain category of people - that's not intolerant; but if someone says "hey, why do you only want to ride with that group?" that is?

im 37. i ride with plenty of people under my age, including those under 21. in fact if you go to canyon lake, some of the best riders there are well under 21! what an experience you'd be missing if you didn't want to ride with them. sure, it's your choice, but it's also just as valid for someone like me to say, "hey, i don't think that's a great choice."

i just think it's interesting that one would need to take one's involvement in faith so far as to look for only christian riders to wakeboard with. it's like only listening to christian music. sure, you can do it - but why would you want to limit yourself that way? ;)

Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-19-2005, 8:00 PM Reply   
If you look at Greg's profile, he doesn't list a boat. If I was trying to hook up with someone for a pull, I would also try to find someone that I had something in common with. It much more fun when you're comfortable with the people that you are riding with. IMO
Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       05-19-2005, 8:11 PM Reply   
I knew anything with the word Christian would create controversy, interesting, why is that?

Anyways, to answer your last question stack, he would want to be involved with other Christian riders because you become like who you hang out with (it's true even thought most people won't admit it) and it's much easier to stay consistent in your Christian beliefs when you are hanging around other Christians. I'm not saying you can't hang around others, you should be friends to everyone, just don't invlolve yourself with them to the point that you compromise your beliefs. And it's much easier to surround yourself with others like you so that you don't have to worry about it in the first place.

Also, the word tolerance is thrown around so much these days. If everyone were tolerant to everything, nobody would have any beliefs because there would be no right or wrong.
And what's all this talk about the "typical Christian"? I suppose that indicates that most Christians are hypocrites, which i will agree, many are, but they aren't supposed to be and they aren't praised for it. There is no one who is perfect. So don't judge a whole religion from seeing people who claim to be Christian but don't "walk the talk". They do give Christianity a bad rep, but this applies for any religion. There will be people who won't be the perfect follower of their religion and you shouldn't let that be your view of the religion as a whole.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-19-2005, 9:13 PM Reply   
Marcus I don't agree with your statement. If you are strong in your beliefs you won't compromise them for anything. If people respect you for those beliefs they won't try and have you change them. When people try and have you change what you believe in are they truly your friends?

I don't drink, I party with people that do drink all the time and I don't change that.

People are upset because this is wakeboarding, not church and the sport itself is a family/brotherhood. Many of us use the community as a way to express our beliefs and lifestyles in a similar manner.

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-19-2005, 9:15 PM Reply   
i dont do drugs or ho's
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-19-2005, 9:17 PM Reply   
Geez..you people need to get out and ride and not over analyze his question.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-19-2005, 9:21 PM Reply   
Yea, really, where are all those stupid pictures that people post with phrases that say 'this is the worst thread ever' and has a picture of john kerry picking his nose.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-19-2005, 10:06 PM Reply   
Most Christians round here are looking for non Christians to ride with so they can convert them & prevent them from Hell & Damnation.

Would like to do drugs & ho's but are too old/married.
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       05-19-2005, 10:46 PM Reply   
The beauty of wakeboading is that is doesn't matter what faith you are, occupation, or income.. Everybody is on the boat because they love riding. We've got very diverse, yet tight crew (mostly wakeworlders). We've got some Mormoms, Jews, Devot Christians, Non belevers and inbetween. One guy is a cop, another auto tech, coach, salesguy,invstment dude, ski bum (me) etc.. I'm by far the biggest derelict of the crew though! haha.

Besides the great times we have on the water we also have some interesting conversatiosn.
Old    ren            05-19-2005, 11:10 PM Reply   
I only invite people who like Mastercrafts.

j.k. I'll ride with anyone.

Greg, Don't listen to what anyone else thinks. You can ask any question you'd like, and exclude whomever you want.

What Would Rene Do?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-19-2005, 11:21 PM Reply   
AS a person who also doesn't have a boat I can attest to some of the douchebags you meet trying to get a ride. I've had guys that said they were all about riding, wake up at 10:30, do a rail of blow & then get so F-ed up they couldn't see straight. Not exactly my best day on the lake. I've also hung out with some people that crammed the God ticket down my throat, no big deal just drive straight. I'd say this is a way to avoid the extreme crazies but it's also a great way to limit yourself in the people that you meet. I know a lot of great people that aren't christian, just make sure you kick it with them for an evening before going on their boat. What they do on a Friday night is a great indicator of their lake trips.
Old     (skinautique2001)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-20-2005, 7:08 AM Reply   
Wow. Greg never said that he was looking for Christian riders to ride with EXCLUSIVELY, yet most of the comments on this thread assume that. In order to strengthen a person's faith, regardless of what he/she believes, fellowship with others sharing those beliefs is essential for accountability. What better way to find a support group than through a sport that you enjoy?

I'm going out on a limb here, but judging from some of the hatred towards a guy looking for others sharing something in common, it seems that a lot of people on here are fed up with posers... people pretending to be something they are not. Luke 6:43 says, "No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit." Just as much as we hate the guys that talk about wakeboarding like they are a pro while on the dock yet can't even get up in 2 trys once you take them out, it should bother us when people claim that they serve a God of love yet live selfishly. It would suck if the sport of wakeboarding was seen as a bunch of posers wasting boat drivers' time just because a few guys sit on the dock with $500 boards and talk like they can ride, but Christianity has suffered on this thread because of the same logic.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-20-2005, 7:15 AM Reply   
THIS IS REDICULOUS
Old    jlm            05-20-2005, 7:17 AM Reply   
Why not just answer his question...it's pretty simple. Being a Christian and trying to live life the right way is challenging each and every day. Why not surround yourself with other people that have your same beliefs and goals. What's so bad about that. If he wants to ride with other Christian riders than that's fine.

If someone is not a Christian...that is their choice. Those of us that are shouldn't judge them...or anyone for that matter. Just be a witness through our actions.
Old    wakeworld_2005            05-20-2005, 8:12 AM Reply   
2 Corinthians 6:14-15

(Message edited by wakeworld_2005 on May 20, 2005)
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-20-2005, 8:29 AM Reply   
How come you never see " Looking for riders who like woodworking " or gardening or custom trucks?
Old     (owaved)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-20-2005, 8:34 AM Reply   
Greg,
If you ever make it out to the central valley, drop me a line, we can discuss Christianity and ride. I am a Catholic.
Dave
Old    wakeworld_2005            05-20-2005, 8:43 AM Reply   
The request in and of itself is not bad, but as most things are in life, what really matters is your heart behind your tongue or actions.

We don't know Greg's motivation so it's really hard to judge is heart. As believers, we are called to be yoked to other believers. Does that mean that we are not supposed to be friends with unbelievers? Absolutely not! We are actually called TO BE friends and to love on those that have not heard or trusted in the story of Jesus Christ. That being said, "Christians" or followers of Jesus Christ, should not be "equally yoked" with unbelievers in that it might hinder their faith. This is sometimes a hard concept to grasp and seems exclusive, but one must understand the heart behind it.

One example could be if Person A struggled with alcoholism. That person then later become a follow of Christ and wanted to abstain from excessive use of alcohol. If that person constantly was yoked with those that drank heavily, then it would be easy for that person to stumble back into old habits. By yoking himself with those with his same beliefs (not drinking in excess), it would be easier for that person to not fall back into his "sin" of alcoholism. I hope this makes sense as this is just one example of many different situations.

As far as Christians always wanting to convert people...I think this is grossly misunderstood. Some of the reason for this misunderstanding is the lack of grace and knowledge of those trying to share their faith with unbelievers. Their heart might be in the right place, but their delivery is sometimes misguided. What needs to be seen though is their motivation behind sharing their faith. True followers of Christ feel blessed that God has pursued them and loved them even in their times of rebellion or unbelief. When you become a believer, you feel as though you have been given the answers to the universe. Having lived a life of "sex, drugs, and rock n' roll" I can now say that life is so much more fulfilling after have become a Christian. That being said, as Christians, we love all people and want to share our story of love, joy, and happiness that we have found in Christ. For example, if you found something that your family didn't know about but it would bring thing joy and eternal life then you wouldn't be loving them if you didn't tell them! If you found some buried treasure they didn't know of, then you would want to share it with them!

Ok, I hope that all of this makes sense and clears up some the misunderstandings people have about Christians and/or their motivation behind some of their actions.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-20-2005, 9:36 AM Reply   
wakeworld.com just turned into Christianboarder.com
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-20-2005, 10:04 AM Reply   
Im a Baptist. Our shop has been slowly forming a wakeboard club in the central area. We have all sorts of people come ride with us. However every body knows what we personnally stand for. We even have a prayer on the dock before we go and ride. We dont force people to be a part of ouyr prayer though. I feel like the club is just a way of getting people excited about riding and if we brush off some Christian values while were doing, all the better!

Greg if you guys are ever in Oklahoma, your more than welcome to ride with us!
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-20-2005, 10:58 AM Reply   
Religion and politics. Guaranteed to get you over 50 posts in one day. Next time I have a question I want answered, I'm going to preface my topic with one of those two.

"What is the best rope/handle combination for a Bush supporter?"

"Best popping board for Buddhist boarder?"

Take it easy on the kid, though. He asked a simple question. To each their own.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-20-2005, 12:04 PM Reply   
I think this is hilarious... by the way... did I tell you about the post I was thinking of making.

"MY NEW BOAT"

Hahahaha... keep posting... You get a simple straightforward question and you get a select few who have issues.

Maybe someone should start a post for...

"LOOKING FOR THE WIVE'S/GF'S OF GUYS WHO ARE TOO BUSY POSTING ON WAKEWORLD"

Maybe this post will break the MY NEW BOAT posting record!!!
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-21-2005, 2:57 AM Reply   
You're right Ed, we shouldn't judge him, or anyone for that matter. Except for jet skiers. I'll still judge them.
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-21-2005, 6:49 AM Reply   
You guys have it all wrong, he is looking for guys named Christian to ride with. Let me help a brother out here and rename this thread.

"Looking for riders named Christian"
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-21-2005, 4:42 PM Reply   
Nothing wrong with your post greg. Obviously the people who have a problem with it are a little insecure with their faith or have no faith. (keep it real)
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-21-2005, 5:40 PM Reply   
i'm jewish and that initial post comes off as pretty damn offensive if you ask me. it is good you are asking to only ride with christians because there is no way that i would want to ride with someone like you
Old     (denwakebdr)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-21-2005, 6:04 PM Reply   
Greg, Wow what a response you got...I would agree...If i were closer I would ride with you..Marcus I would absolutly agree with your post. Gref, Faith is an important part of everything you do and wanting to ride with other Christians is very upstanding of you...One of the problems that Emily Copeland has had, is that her faith comes first and she doesn't fit the typical wakeboarder profile. I understand completly where you are coming from and why you would want to ride with other Christians...Too bad other people are so shallow that they can't understandy Why...Good luck searching!!
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-21-2005, 6:40 PM Reply   
what problems has emily had because she's christian?
Old    summer08            05-21-2005, 10:46 PM Reply   
Hey guys let's clear up this mess...First of all I've ridden with this guy before! He's awesome! He rides alot and most of his buddies aren't Christian, not a big deal. He's friends with everyone and is the most non-judgemental and giving person ever!! He takes anyone on his boat and it's always a blast and people do whatever. Normal just out of college fun guy and good rider! This isn't about motives, converting, preaching or anything you guys are making it out to be! He's not like that!! ha! Hope this helps!
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-22-2005, 11:21 AM Reply   
Hey Greg,

I am in the South Bay and would love to ride sometime. Hit me up. Let's ride. I am not perfect by any means but I am trying to get back on track.

Old    jlm            05-22-2005, 2:20 PM Reply   
Swing by good ole SE Tennessee whenever you want.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-22-2005, 3:14 PM Reply   
i thought people on here were just joking around.. but ... wow... people need to relax... this is not a post that is suppose to trigger discrimination or racism etc.... he is simply looking for other christian riders.... some people are touchy touchy...

think of it this way... if someone posts... "Looking for West Coats riders" i would hope that east coast riders would not get offended...

No matter how you look at it... You should be able to come on a forum and make a post that makes a specific request without being attacked etc...

RELAX!
Old     (addictedchick)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-22-2005, 9:11 PM Reply   
Quote:

reverse that and see how well it goes over ("looking for white anglo riders in the bay area to ride with"). that would certianly smack of racism

I hear ya Christopher- took the words right out of my mouth

(Message edited by addictedchick on May 22, 2005)
Old    leggester            05-23-2005, 8:01 AM Reply   
Reverse this!

The fella just asked a question. As far as Chris and Alexis are concerned, you show an enormous amount of intolerance.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-23-2005, 10:01 AM Reply   
lol, read the whole thread matt. otherwise you're only demonstrating an enormous amount of ignorance of the discussion.

quote:

think of it this way... if someone posts... "Looking for West Coats riders" i would hope that east coast riders would not get offended...

kyle, it's all about context (which is what matt missed). if an east coast rider posted that because he was new or temporarily out here, that'd make sense - however if that was a west coaster living in florida i wouldn't be surprised if some east coasters weren't sure how to take that.
Old    r_dub            05-23-2005, 10:45 AM Reply   
Ok, I didnt make it all the way through this thread, well because it is just stupid. Why should anyone f-ing care?
But is anyone else upset about the comment Alex Murry made about Ricky G being a "wanna be dumba@#e"? What exactly is he wanting to be Alex? What,is that some type of knock on his tatoo's or something? Have you ever personally met him or hung out with him? Dont judge off of assumptions, becuase your the one that looks like a dumb@$$.

(Message edited by r_dub on May 23, 2005)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-23-2005, 11:59 AM Reply   
Ryan. He was making a comment about the Ricky G wanna-bes out there. He didn't say that RG is one. Read again.
Old    dertbiker2000            05-23-2005, 3:38 PM Reply   
holy smokes guys!!!!! everyone needs to take a chill pill!!!
first of all, the man was just wondering if there were christians to ride with!!!
usually when you do something with other people, its great to do it with people that have some common interests!! obviously he rides with other peeps other than christians because he has decided to ask to ride with christians!! which assumes that he wasnt riding with them in the first place or else he wouldnt have needed to post his questions!!! YOU KNOW WE ALL SAY THAT AS WAKEWORLDERS, WE ARE FRIENDS OR WHATEVER, but the way that people talk to each other on here is definitely sad! if the man wants to board with christians what is that to you!!! if i want to go catch a movie and hang out with wakeboarders, am i a dumbbutt, for wanting to do that rather than hanging out with snowboarders!! ( i love snowboarding) so dont bash me!! we are sometimes so quick to just bash for no reason!! seriously im careful on what i post because of how bashful peeps can get for NO frikin reason!!

kyle (ifxstar), i have to be honest, you crack me up... hes not saying that he is better than you or anything, just that he would prefer to ride with christians!! but to take something like that so personal is a little rediculous dont you think!! NOW IF HE SAID, " I DO NOT WANT TO RIDE WITH JEWS" THEN I WOULD PROLLY BE MORE PISSED OFF THEN YOU WOULD BE, but thats not what the man said!! so lets me all just chill!!

one more thing,
its interesting to me, cause usually when a thread like this shows up, both parties are fighting each other, but did anyone else notice that greg hasnt posted since his first post!!
now he could have just not checked back on this sight, but i bet its more, because he doesnt care what others think, and its not worth his time to argue over a MUTE point
chris stack
how you doin buddy long time no ride
peace out guys travis
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-23-2005, 3:48 PM Reply   
Hey this is Greg Haskell ( the original poster).

What I meant to say before all this crap started flying was:

I am looking to ride with some people who dont use the F-word in every sentence, Dont smoke dope, Dont Drink beer and get drunk all the time and people who have repsect for others, and oh yea if you are a Christian that would be cool too!!!!

Everybody else stop sharing your opinions on what a Christian is and who is and who isn't a true christian.

He simply wants to ride with people that have the same beliefs as him.

That is what this post is about " Finding someone to ride with ", not all this other garbage on this post

Greg
Good luck finding a ride, if you are ever down in Temecula I'll give you a ride.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-23-2005, 4:29 PM Reply   
JC was a carpenter.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-23-2005, 4:34 PM Reply   
Is greg referring to himself as the third person?
Old     (denwakebdr)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-23-2005, 6:57 PM Reply   
Hey J-rod I heard what your saying....I think he is 2 people now...got me confused....Matt Legge...I still have your vise grips...I'll get them back to you soon...sorry for not getting them back that day..you left as we were coming back
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-23-2005, 7:21 PM Reply   
Greg, let me know if it works, 'cause if you get lots of Christian riders, My next thread will be titled "Looking for Ridiculously Hot Supermodel Riders"...
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-23-2005, 7:36 PM Reply   
lol. you can always trust jeff to put things in their proper perspective!
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-24-2005, 8:40 PM Reply   
This is a core issue. We can say the golden rule is the best way to live (treat others the way you want them to treat you). I do not believe Jesus was being a bigot when he rejected the “religious leaders” of his day.

He traveled everywhere and spent most of his time with the Non-Religious people. But he also hung out with 12 guys he could chill with and relate to on a different level.

He did not exclude the “non believers” but he choose specific times to be together with like minded guys.

He did not spend all of his time with the 12, but infact his mission was to reach everyone regardless of their background with the good news and trained his friends to take his place.

All that to say, its ok to spend time with people that have a specific common interest. Its not exclusive or bigoted its relaxing.

Old    twisted            05-24-2005, 11:52 PM Reply   
Amen my Brother! Don't listen to all these love haters, I myself have been persecuted Many times through out history for simply trying to Hail a few Marys in my boat...Go for it! You can always tell them I made you do it.
Ps. There aint no glass in Heaven.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-25-2005, 1:11 AM Reply   
My 2 cents... How many of you wakeboarders would want to go riding with a bunch of people who never wakeboard nor care a thing about wakeboarding? My point is, Greg just wants to hang out with people like himself, a Christian. Some ppl on here talk about him missing out by excluding cetain people, but whether its progression in riding or in his spiritual life he just wants to be around people that will push him to be like he desires to be. (yes this is my oppinion and an assumption). How many of you party crazy people would want to chill with priests and pastors on Friday nights? Dont you get it???? Just relax and take your panties out of a bunch. I would be embarassed to have said some of things that have been posted here. (kyle- lfxstar along w/ others.)

(Message edited by wakeandsnow27 on May 25, 2005)