Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 01, 2004

Old     (cinder1995)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-29-2004, 6:07 PM Reply   
I've been filling my sac up at my house for a couple of years now. I finally broke down and bought a pump. It's an 1100 gph with a rule cartridge. I thought I could just plug it in and it would fill. I was wrong. The manufacturer told me to prime it a little.....I prime it until I almost pass out, with no luck. Is there a secret to this piece of s**t. And no,I don't have it hooked up backwards. Thanks in advance.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-29-2004, 6:09 PM Reply   
What are you doing to prime it that you are almost passing out? All it takes is to shove it into the water a time or two.
Old     (nbeihl)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-29-2004, 8:10 PM Reply   
we jsut take ours and throw it in the water... let it sit for a second (until the pump fills up with water) then we let her rip... I think that is what they are talking about priming the pump.... I know what some of you are saying... hey you are not suppose to put the pump in the water, there is a hose that is suppose to attach to the pump and that is what is suppose to go in the water. We have been throwing the entire pump into the water for years now and it keeps working perfect....
Old     (cinder1995)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-30-2004, 5:19 AM Reply   
When I say I almost passed out, I meant by sucking the water through the hose into the boat until it reaches the pump. If you put the pump and hose in the water, when you pull it out all of the water will run out of the hose..... And I believe these are bilge pump motors, so they are made to go in the water.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-30-2004, 6:08 AM Reply   
Guys when filling the sacs you drop the pump into the water until it is submerged attach the hose to the sac and then plug in the pump. Leave the pump in the water submerged until the sac is full. You have to do this while the boat is sitting still. When you are done and want to drain the sacs attach the pump to the sac and put the hose over the side of the boat. Then plug in the pump. Double check to make sure you don't have it hooked up backwards meaning the electrical. Sometimes the pump will get a air lock. To get it going again just unplug it and let it sit for a second then plug it back in.

(Message edited by sbt3 on March 30, 2004)
Old     (cinder1995)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-30-2004, 8:05 AM Reply   
I'll give it another try this weekend. Thanks.
Old    tigeboatsinc            03-30-2004, 8:40 AM Reply   
You can go to walmart and pic up a submersable pump for 20 bucks, pumps around that 1100 mark. and you can wire it up so you can just plug it up.
Old     (cinder1995)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-30-2004, 9:38 AM Reply   
I noticed that after I bought the thing. It's just a bilge pump with a hose and some fittings.