Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 01, 2004

Old     (san_man)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-24-2004, 3:57 PM Reply   
What Speakers do you think are the best of these three? I am looking just to get the basic models.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-24-2004, 8:43 PM Reply   
I sell both Mako and Roswell Speakers. You can't go wrong with either. If you get the Roswell, definitely upgrade to the focals. Probably the best speaker I have ever heard. Then again, you can't beat Mako's 4 speaker/light bar combo. The basics are great spakers too.
Old    supraking            03-25-2004, 5:51 AM Reply   
I sell Fluid Concepts, one of the best speakers I have ever seen, www.fluidconcepts.net.

the are smaller than Boss or Mako. they have taken up a slightly different approach to building tower speakers than most of the competition. It is fluids philosophy that tower speakers should be loud, clean, and as small a possible. they go through great lengths to make sure that the speakers don't sound like speakers stuffed into a metal can. Just open one up and you can see the difference! they have custom gaskets and custom sound dampeners etc. Also don't believe that tower speakers (of this size 6"-6.5") should reproduce bass since the since that is not what the speakers are designed for and rider will never hear it!! they leave the bass up to the subwoofers inside the boat.
Old     (san_man)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-25-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
Hey Jon a- What are the retail price differences between the basic Rosewell and Mako speakers. I will probably go with the ones that I like the look of the most. Do the Rosewell Speakers need continuous cleaning as they look like Billet Aluminum? What do you think are the best speakers if I have them hanging out in the rain? Are you supposed to cover these speakers when not in use or are they water resistant? What do you think is the best light system between Mako and Rosewell. I am not using them for night boarding just to see where I am going. Does anyone no how low these speakers hang down as well?
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-25-2004, 11:10 AM Reply   
The Makos are $460 for a pair, black or silver. The Roswell's are $765 for a pair of Clarions, they are painted any color you want. The Roswell cleaning is just like any other speaker out there, no harder. All of the speakers are water resistant. Both companies have good lighting systems. The Combo that I was talking about is on the Gravity Games Supra this year. It is pimp
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-25-2004, 8:02 PM Reply   
Fluid Concepts has (as well as Mako and Roswell) great stuff, definately worth a look. Not a huge name, but very impressive product! They are a blast to party with as well if you ever get the chance :-)
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-26-2004, 8:31 AM Reply   
Wakeside.com has a full lineup of speaker options including Mako, Boss, Fluid and Titan to name a few.
You can pick up a pair of the basic Mako's for $470pair. They also offer them as enclosure only for a mere $350pair.
Stuff them with whatever 6 1/2 you choose.
Old    setorres            03-26-2004, 7:57 PM Reply   
Wake designs MB 3 WAYS. chROME. cant beat um. THEY ARE NOT NO CRAPPY PLASTIC MOLDS. LOAD AND COOLEST OUT THERE
Old    setorres            03-26-2004, 8:01 PM Reply   
WD is QUALITY, loud and all bling!!!
Old    wildman240            03-26-2004, 8:23 PM Reply   
That's what I was looking at the Wakedesigns MB 3ways. They look sweet and I can only imagine what they sound like, I know MB makes great speakers. I just have to find about 1200 bones somewhere. I would go with the WD 3 ways IMO.
Old    oshensurfer            03-26-2004, 8:25 PM Reply   
or you can just go pro-audio and make ears bleed.
www.nvs1.net