Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (mwgwin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-07-2004, 1:25 PM Reply   
I just had my steering cable replaced at my local SeaRay dealership. I think they got pissed that it took too long and half assed putting it back together because now my driver side ballast will not fill. I cant even hear the motor running so Im assuming something came loose. The dealership offered to look at it but they are booked up until next week. I thought maybe it could be something easy I can check but am not too mechanically inclined. If I dont get any easy suggestions, Im going to take it back to them, they seemed decent on the phone so I dont have any doubt they will fix it. I just want it working now.

Also, my stereo seems to blow fuses like crazy, Ive already gone through like a dozen and I dont usually take the volume above 28. Not sure if anyone can help me there. Sometimes all but the tower speakers will turn off, then back on and crackle a little too....hmmm.

Thanks in advance.
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-07-2004, 1:29 PM Reply   
For your stereo, up your fuse to a 30 amp. MC puts too low a fuse in the amp slot off the battery. I had the same problem back when I had a stock system.
Old     (mwgwin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-07-2004, 1:30 PM Reply   
I also want to mention that the speedometer also quit working recently. I dont really care about that since perfectpass gives my speed but any suggestions on that would be nice too. Im assuming wherever it gets the speed is just clogged (I always had that problem with my I/O) but Im not sure where to look.
Old     (mwgwin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-07-2004, 1:31 PM Reply   
Matt, Ill try that. Thanks!
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-08-2004, 5:02 AM Reply   
Are they the factory amps (Clarion), mounted in the factory position? If so I beleive I know the issue and it is not the fuse size.

www.mymastercraft.com
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-08-2004, 6:43 AM Reply   
For the ballast, make sure the valve is in the open position. I have a d-drive, but mine is located in the back ski locker (against the transom). I had the same problem - forgot to switch it after getting the boat out of storage.
Old     (mwgwin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-08-2004, 9:29 PM Reply   
Yes they are the factory amps. I checked out www.mymastercraft.com quickly but didnt see anything, can you point me at the article? I actually didnt know that site existed. I was just complaining the other day that mastercrafts website sucked. This is great!!!