Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (gopher)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-06-2009, 1:51 PM Reply   
Weather forecast for St. Paul, MN calls for snow MONDAY!! My boat is still in the water-was hoping to get out a few more times this year, but do you guys think that I should pull it and call it a season?
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-06-2009, 1:53 PM Reply   
Pull it, I pulled mine last night.
Old     (gopher)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-06-2009, 2:00 PM Reply   
NOOOOOOO!!! Gotta be a better way around this. I mean, its on a vertical lift completely out of the water. Maybe just get some magnetic block heaters and cross my fingers?

I'm in such denial that this season is over, I'm looking for anything that would possibly get me to November before I store the boat.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-06-2009, 2:04 PM Reply   
Seriously, I'm in the EXACT same "boat" as you. I'm trying to deny it too.. My boat is on Lake Marion in Lakeville and I'm REALLY trying to avoid the idea of pulling it off but it doesn't look like this thing is going to turn around aside from tomorrow.

I'm thinking I will pull mine and winterize it this weekend, even though it will pain me. What lake are you on Daren? We rode this past Sunday on Marion in two different boats and the water temp was 50. With another 2 cold nights and cold ass rain, I can't imagine those water temps will rebound. We rode full length wet suits but by next week a dry suit with a hood and gloves will be necessary at this rate.

Was talking to my Dad about the whole winterization thing. He was of the opinion that leaving the boat on the lift but IN the water would be best to avoid freezing up. The water temps will remain much higher than the air temps for those cold frosts overnight so you're better off having it sit in 45 degree water than you are in 20-30 degree air.. Makes some sense and he's done this with his boat for YEARS but its scary as heck to even think about it.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-06-2009, 2:05 PM Reply   
Dude Its no big deal, whats wakeboarding in Sota in the Fall without snow! We ride till late Novemeber early December, I dont think I have ever taken my dock out without snow on the ground.

I dont winterize until Early december, I use a 100 watt light bulb and a magnetic block heater to keep it from freezing, honestly you dont have much to worry about until the forecast stays below freeze for several days on end.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-06-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
Yep, its gotta freeze HARD for 24 hours straight before you have any issues.

When you're riding in November Andy, what is your gear like? Full dry suit with gloves?
Old    gnarshredd            10-06-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
Install a heater in the lake. Problem. Solved.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-06-2009, 2:08 PM Reply   
Charlie Kocur - location:Florida

ugh
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-06-2009, 2:10 PM Reply   
We're supposed to get snow here in NE this weekend too.....Brand new board got here Friday....now we're winterizing....I'm sad - I have to sit and look at it all winter now!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-06-2009, 2:12 PM Reply   
I've got my Transcend Platty sitting in PLASTIC in my basement.

I feel your pain.
Old     (gopher)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-06-2009, 2:25 PM Reply   
Now thats the answer I was looking for! Its like flipping a coin until it comes up 'heads.' I'll keep asking until I hear what I want. I'm going to Checkers auto to pick up 2 block heaters (one for the engine, one for the heater core).

Jeff, I'm on Owasso
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-06-2009, 2:35 PM Reply   
andy's inspiration for the win!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-06-2009, 2:41 PM Reply   
Little bit of snow on the ground in Tahoe and I am sooo stoked!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-06-2009, 2:49 PM Reply   
Jeff Wadholm (jeff_mn)

I rock a Dry suit, a snowboard hat, and sometimes gloves depending on the weather. I hate gloves because you cant feel the rope when you handle pass.

RIDE TILL DECEMBER MN CREW!!! BUCK!!!
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-06-2009, 3:07 PM Reply   
Jeff - You picked that board up off BBB didn't you! I couldn't resist, I pulled mine out of the plastic though - I bet yours looks SICK with your Cell's on it! I was thinking about those to put on it

I'd ride till dec if I could, but my boat is an hour away and all my buddies are winterizing it seems! Sucks!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-06-2009, 5:37 PM Reply   
yea im not ready for the hot summer to be over either but i must say i am stoked for snowboarding at the same time. guess it pays to live in cali where you dont ever have to winterize and can ride year round
Old     (vinnyp)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-06-2009, 6:11 PM Reply   
Loveland opens tomorrow.
A-Basin opens Friday.

(Message edited by vinnyp on October 06, 2009)
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-06-2009, 6:22 PM Reply   
get out your sleds!!!!

picking up my mxzx 800 tomorrow!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-06-2009, 6:24 PM Reply   
Pretty much done in Oregon But snowboarding is right around the corner

Upload
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-06-2009, 6:31 PM Reply   
Yep, picked it up off BBB. Haven't taken a set on it yet. Was going to this past Sunday but didn't have bindings yet.

I think we're getting out tomorrow night on Fish in MPG.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-06-2009, 8:41 PM Reply   
In Ne Tn water temp went from 79 to 66 in a week. Next week is a predicted low of 34...but this Thursday is 82 as a high...our temps are messed up. And now I'm thinking bout buying an Axis...in the beginning of winter...sigh..
Guess im not wanting to let summer go either...
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-06-2009, 9:10 PM Reply   
im shredding loveland wends abasin friday!
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-06-2009, 10:27 PM Reply   
Rode Folsom Lake on Saturday, drove through the snow in Tahoe on Sunday.
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-06-2009, 11:04 PM Reply   
I hope we get some good snow this year in Lubbock. I have a 2 1/2 year old saint bernard that has never seen snow! (This should be a crime) I plan on letting him pull me on my snowboard like I let my dane pull me on my skateboard!!! I've got a spot picked out and everything! It just needs to snow dangit!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (nelson)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-07-2009, 6:49 AM Reply   
I am with Randy coming to the end in Oregon time to start looking at the snowmobiles. Upload