Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-28-2006, 12:38 PM Reply   
We have a house boat full of equally mixed bun and sausage that like to party till the sun comes up. Im wondering if some parts of the lake are better as far as the party scene goes. Any advice is appreciated.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-28-2006, 1:44 PM Reply   
Sup G.

I haven't been for labor day but have gone for most all other holidays @ the lake ( we are going this year though). Usually there are large floatillas of boats( 3 - 30 )in the bigger areas / wide open of the lake, i.e. Bridge Bay area. Slaughterhouse Island across from Bridge Bay & Ski Island across from Silverthorn are 2 spots that go off. There's another pretty cool spot I know of scenery wise up there as well. . .

You & your crew will have a blast no matter where you end up.... We will be up there on a friends HB out of Silverthorn arriving Friday -Monday. We will have a crew of 10 or so & a X2(below) & 05 wht/gry X-Star & keep our eyes out for ya...

Where you launching from & how long will you be up there?

Upload
Upload

-=peace=-
Lzy

(Message edited by lzyboy on August 28, 2006)
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-28-2006, 2:07 PM Reply   
Going to Hirz Bay. Have 8 (so far) in our campground, and 16 in the other. No HB this time, just camping.
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-28-2006, 4:45 PM Reply   
We are leaving outta Holiday Harbor friday at noon. I have a black X-30 with a pirate flag. Im not sure where were going to park the houseboat but we defiantly like to do it big we usaly auction off a 4 day stay to st helena after this weekend.LOL where are the best places to ride?
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-29-2006, 1:29 PM Reply   
G,

Right on - McCloud or Pit river arm IMO for best water... If the wates up enough theres a bridge jump at the end of the McCloud arm we did a couple years back.

Here's a shot of the 2 boats that we will be towing / riding. Anyone else going up on the wakeworld board?

Upload

Lzy
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-29-2006, 1:37 PM Reply   
LZY - Hey are ya gonna be on Kimmy's houseboat???
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-29-2006, 1:52 PM Reply   
Bond,

Ya I am Caravanning up Friday afternoon with my lady & our X2 w/ my boy Sean & his Xstar. We are trying to get out of the bay by 1 o2 2 @ up to Silverthorn by 5 or 6 to get an evening set in. We will be on Kimmys HB yes, along for the ride, the rage, road sodas & the relaxation...

Lzy ;)
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-29-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
There is a good chance I will be roll'n up to Shasta Friday as well through Sunday, I will drop by Dock side Friday evening to see if ya all are there, if not I will find ya on the water.

LT8R
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-29-2006, 4:02 PM Reply   
ill be there getting there frday around 230 give me a call aaron 2094068564 well meet up.
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-29-2006, 4:38 PM Reply   
Aaron I seen your pics on the bun thread and i just wanted to let know you could roll with us anytime. I have a couple posted as well and they'll be up with me hopefully we'll see you up there and we can do it extra gianormous
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-29-2006, 5:14 PM Reply   
Aaron, G,

I'll be in the McCloud arm. If you see a blue/ black Bu, say "hi."
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-29-2006, 10:24 PM Reply   
Bond:

You got my cell and Matt's call us up. Come over and hang out and I will bring your cousin's shoes back. I still have them found them in my closet tonight. My cell is (925) 708-6699. We will be somewhere between Bridge Bay and Silverthorn. Hope to hear from you soon before this weekend to make arrangments.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-30-2006, 6:22 AM Reply   
G / Bond / Robb / Bird,

- Hopefully we will all run into each other & say whats up or tie up or throw back a couple ( cases ) ;)
- Kevin I still have your # in my phone, thx.
- Weather is near 100 all 4 days & Water should both be warm as well this late in the season.

BUCKLE UP ~ It's gonna be one hell of a ride

Lzy
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-30-2006, 7:18 AM Reply   
Have fun this weekend stay safe and party
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-30-2006, 7:20 AM Reply   
Lazy: Shasta still rents to you after your bachlor party,
Do you have to put on a fake beard and wear a hat to rent a boat up there. I think I saw a Most wanted Pic of you saying DO NOT RENT TO THIS GUY. with your pic. LOL
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-30-2006, 7:25 AM Reply   
Big Daddy Bling!

What it is stranger =) Hope all is well.... Boat was brought back in better shape than we received it in - but still costs us a pretty penny in adtl fees The marinas definately make some $$$$ on rentals & deposits - that I know ;) As for what happened between Fri-Sun, just use your imaganation ;)

As for this weekend, Kimmy owns a HB @ Silverthorn / Shasta, its not triple decker with a hot tub but it's great to have such a cool friend with a nice boat on this epic lake. Have fun @ the lake house this weekend, we may make a trip up there in Oct after it settles down.

Wooooo WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lzy
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-30-2006, 7:51 AM Reply   
Yea head up to Tulloch anytime you can stay with us. We are gonna try and hit Bullard's Friday and then back to Tulloch Friday night and then Don Pedro Sat and Stay at Tulloch Sun/Mon. I know its a lot of moving around But I dont mind.
We are gonna be at Shasta Sept 15-18th on the big pimpin boat
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-30-2006, 8:51 AM Reply   
Mike,

I'll be there Friday afternoon as well. We are doing a joint houseboat trip and, like Kimmy said, we will be tied up somewhere close to both Silverthorne and Bridge Bay. If that large section of the lake is still roped off near Ski Island, we will probably end up in Squaw Creek. However, neither houseboat will leave the dock until Saturday morning.

Lookign forward to seeing everyone.

Kind regards,

Matt

PS Aaron-This is going to ROCK!! I might even throw some Vidishka together. To Doo or not to Doo, that is the question. Getting lots of Marisa and Blake pressure to pull those up.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-30-2006, 9:00 AM Reply   
Matt,

I've already got my Kinders on order ;)

http://www.kindersmeats.com/

Aaron
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-30-2006, 9:11 AM Reply   
Lzy good call Tequila Lime rubbed ribs and the Tri-tip are epic. Your stock has just gone up 3 Stock atta boy.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-30-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
Right on G / Board,

Weathers looking good & I can't wait to get on the road come Friday....

Upload
Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-30-2006, 10:54 AM Reply   
Ski Island is open...for reference, they usually open it the first weekend of august. Eagles are done nesting at that point.
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-30-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
Thanks for the information Richard. That's good to know. This is the first year I've seen that area roped off. They have been roping a large section of Dry Fork off for years.

Aaron, that stuff looks tasty!

I can hardly wait!! This is going to be fun!
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-30-2006, 11:05 AM Reply   
Gundogg - sick ride - love the white camo~

Matt - Kinders is the goods!!!
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-30-2006, 11:25 AM Reply   
Grant: I will also be back the weekend of the 15th. Got another group going up and meeting up with another houseboat that weekend. Let's try and meet up. My cell # is listed above.

Matt: I say bring the doos with you.

I am so looking forward to the weekend. Yes the water is still nice, not to warm and not to cold. I was there this past weekend.

Aaron: don't forget the fireworks. This captain wants fire.
(Message edited by KIMMY on August 30, 2006)

(Message edited by KIMMY on August 30, 2006)
Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-30-2006, 1:11 PM Reply   
Ski Island has been roped off from April to July 30 for the past few years...which is really annoying. I have a cabin at Silverthorn and we used to head for ski island everyday...Now most of the summer it is blocked off and then they open it right around the same time they start dropping the lake fast and it gets pretty tight back there.

Thanks for the complement on the white camo...If you are around silverthorn I am sure you will see or hear me.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-30-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
EDIT: I see ski island on the map at the top of the post. Is is going to be easy to find while on the water?

(Message edited by boarder_x on August 30, 2006)
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-30-2006, 2:44 PM Reply   
Rob,

I was just re-saving it for ya... Usually Ski Island or Slaughterhouse will have multiple houseboats lined up on the bigger weekends. memorial was off the hook.

MAP
Upload
ISLAND
Upload

Lzy
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-30-2006, 3:02 PM Reply   
Is it majority houseboats or do wakeboats pull there as well. Looks shallow. and are beads and a bull horn a good idea?
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-30-2006, 3:05 PM Reply   
G,

I haven't been for labor day, so I can't really say how the party will be, we will find out. The pic above is slaughterhouse, its plenty deep for boats n HB's too. I don't think you need a box of beeds but a handfull maybe. Water ballon launchers are fun too... Bullhorns can always be fun, intresting or sometimes trouble- LOL

Lzy
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-30-2006, 3:19 PM Reply   
damn so should i return these 7000 bead neckalaces i bought on ebay? Bummer! I guess i can always throw them at the chicks on our boat, only problem is they may get severve back problems from the tremindous weight. Is it similar to ski beach? As far as the people go? Hopefully yes minus the muscle heads
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-30-2006, 3:41 PM Reply   
Richard:

You own a cabin at Silverthorn....then you must know Travis....not going to give his last name. Hey, I'll be arriving around 10:30/11:00 p.m. Friday night. I am going to head to the bar to meet up with everyone...let's meet up. I'll be the one with the puppy chocolate lab, that will be easier to find me or just ask one of the bartenders who I am. I am up there almost every weekend on my HB.
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-31-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
Aaron and Kimmy,

Since we will have plenty of wake boats in our group, Tom and I decided to bring the Doos only. I'm going to tow them up and Tom is going to tow them home.

Aaron, please don't forget to call me after you launch. I don't want to be stuck at Bridge Bay while my buddies are on the water.

Laureen has also joined our group.

See you all tomorrow!! Can't wait.

Woooooooooooo Wooooooooooooooo!!

PS Whatever happened to our good buddy the Coo Coo Ca Choo guy? I miss him. Does he even post any more?
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-31-2006, 11:30 AM Reply   
Matt,

I will no worries, Kimmy hasn't got her 2cnd set of keys in the mail to me so we wont be able to get into the HB until we pick you up. I am hoping to get up there by 6, I will drop the crew off on the HB & they will chill on the roof / deck & I will drive over an pick you up to get the keys n the generators started & a evening session!

As for Rene - havent heard form him in days =(

Aaron
Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-31-2006, 11:46 AM Reply   
Kimmy-

I think I met your choclate lab two weeks ago on the docks at night...I was on "the houseboats." I have met Travis, but wouldn't say I know him. I have the White Camo 210.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-31-2006, 11:59 AM Reply   
I would've thought Beaver Island would be the place to go for some female viewing or potential Boat Bun additions.
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-31-2006, 11:59 AM Reply   
Aaron,

Do you want me to attempt to finagle a BB Parking pass for you?

Either way, I got a Silverthorne pass and Kimmy's keys in my truck.

See you tomorrow.

I'm going to reach out to our long lost buddy. I'll let you know if I hear back.
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-31-2006, 12:56 PM Reply   
Richard

Was your boat in the water? I met so many people 2 weeks ago I don't know if you and I exchanged names. Let's try to meet up again.

I can't wait to get to my boat. Wish I could leave earlier from work. I am going to miss the evening session. I will see you all there when I arrive.

P.S. There are 2 chairs in the pantry and a lounge chair in the restroom. Then where the easy up is there is a double chair. You guys will find them.

If you both can bring tools, please. I need to do some drilling. Thanks! Socket wrenches too.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-31-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
I woke up this morning all excited. Then realized it's only Thurs. ... Oh well, I haven't started packing yet, so I'm sure that's a good thing.